[Revised/Edited] Episode 59: School of Our Dreams

Start from the beginning

"Me neither," he whispered back.

She smiled. "So that's the type of person you are."

I really didn't understand what to make of Iah, especially in regard to his relationship with Adela. But I'd better steer safe. I nodded to myself.

"What do you mean?" Iah said, blinking.

'As if asking her that would do you any good.' I chuckled to myself.

Nyima let go of him and walked toward the edge of the deck. "You and I are the same."

'She replied?' I wanted to pinch myself and see if I were dreaming. That girl since the day we met always gave off an indifferent aura to me. Well, except for when I got hurt. Hmm, maybe she wasn't as indifferent as I made her seem in my head after all.

Iah laughed. "You really think so?"

Eien walked over and placed his arms around their shoulders. "What are you two talking about? You aren't gossiping, are you?"

Nyima nearly bumped her head against the light blue dome. She rose the sea water outside. "We were talking about a rematch. Hey, Eien, we never got to see you battle."

"Well, that's because I'm not an exchange student."

"Still, I'm curious about you. How about we battle? I'd like to see how strong you are."

"You sure?" he said, with an impish smile. He put his left hand forward as its nails turned into black claws. "If you really want to, then I'll give you what you want." Flames formed in the center of his transformed hand.

I pulled Adela away—who had been watching the island with interest— so that she won't look at the fire.

Nyima shielded herself from the flame with water. A warm fog formed around us.

"Stop, you two," Zelde said, getting in between the two. "You shouldn't fight outside of the arena, especially when we are about to enter the island's barrier zone."

'There's someone who is sensible here too!' I gave a sigh of relief as the fight came to an end.

'Though, I kind of wish that I could fight Eien.'

I still hadn't completely forgiven him for what he had done the other day.

Eien looked back at the barrier and took out a white piece of paper. The paper emitted a red glow that hit the barrier, causing it to open a hole big enough to let us pass. "Thanks, almost forgot to lift it."

"We're here." I jumped up and down in excitement. I was talking like a crazy person but I did not mind. "Yes, we're finally here!"

"You're bouncy," said Adela, snickering.

I stopped, blushing from embarrassment, though at least Adela finally smiled. On the way to the island, she seemed out it. "You look a little down, aren't you excited?"

"I am," she said, glancing at the sea around the islands. "It's simply..."

The train finally stopped at a station big enough for only this one train.

"Time to get off," Eien said, glaring back at Adela.

She looked down and jumped into the ground below as the dome vanished from around us. I looked down as she ran toward the school by herself.

"What's her problem?" I asked.

"No idea," Iah said. "You should know though, aren't you her closest friend here?"

I looked down. 'Damn, if only I knew. What can I do if I don't know anything?'

"I wouldn't say that we're close. I've actually only met her a few times."