Chapter 104: A Sea of Confusion

Start from the beginning

"Everyone spread out and find the others!" Eien commanded. "They must not be far from here. Leave Setsu to Hikaru and Yen! Someone take care of Yuuta, fast."

Yuuta grinned. His eyes glowed bright gold and the scene shifted into a desert. I was alone alongside An.

An levitated the sand around us. "Illusions? Interesting." He attacked Yuuta with his sand. "Nyima can you use your water powers in this heat?"

"Water Dragon." I formed a thin water dragon. "Yes, but they're not very powerful." I dropped my water dragon. "I won't be needing it though. Lux Draco." I created a light dragon around me. My dragon grabbed Yuuta who just stood there.

"Why isn't he fighting back?" An asked.

Yuuta's eyes glowed. He roared, sending us flying. The ground below us gave in. We were falling down the mountain that now looked like a desert. An levitated me as he caught himself in midair. "Now he's getting serious."

In the center of the desert (what was once the plaza) was a ten-foot tall raccoon dog. A powerful gust of wind ripped the trees in real life apart and blew realistic feeling sand into our faces. The earth around us raised and grabbed the two of us. "Keep quiet," Yuuta said in a deep voice.

I chanted 'Aqua' causing water to ooze from my hands. The earth binds slowly eroded. "I won't allow you to tell us what to do." I broke the earth binds around me. "Sorry An. I'll distract him while you escape."

An broke the binds with ease. "I'm a warrior, traps like these are part of everyday training." He warps us behind Yuuta. "Come on out Ying."

A seal the size of beast-Yuuta appeared in the middle of the sky. A mighty raptor descended from the seal. With one spread of its wings it blew the illusion away.

An grinned. "Great entrance Ying."

Ying glared at An. "Why did you summon me, boy? Can't you handle an overgrown tanuki?"

An laughed. "It appears not."

Ying sighs. In a quick strike, he hit Yuuta's head.

Yuuta grabbed a hold of the bird using his tail and swung it toward the school. The raptor caught itself by spreading its wings out like a parachute. A powerful shock-wave radiated from its back that nearly hit the school. If we weren't in the air it probably would have blown at least a section of the school off.

"Your bird isn't flying," I said.

An nodded. "Ying is using his psychic powers, his wings are too strong for it to use as you just saw." He teleported us on top of Ying's head. "Finish him!"

Yuuta reverted back to normal. "Emerge from the ground, Akai Suna!" A red tail popped out of the ground and grabbed us, pulling us back down.

I jumped off of Ying and hit the tail with water as the thing moved erratically. "An! Move me toward the tail!"

The tail let go of Ying and aimed at me. An kept teleporting me as soon as it got too close. I got closer to Yuuta who was now on his knees. It must have taken a lot of energy for him to use his eyes, transform, and now summoning this thing.

Yuuta smiled.

"Tell me, how did you appear as two people at once?" I asked.

"I won't tell." He lifted his hands.

A seal appeared on the tail. The tail stopped following me. It coiled itself around Yuuta like a cocoon. A bright orange light emerged from the cocoon as it vanished, revealing a long haired Yuuta with red sand colored eyes. He summoned a gigantic whip sword and swung it at us. The sword cut Ying but not too deeply.

Yuuta smiled at me. "What do you think of my Level 2 transformation?"

He dropped his sword and rushed towards me. He kicked me in the stomach, sending me flying into a tree. The taste of iron was starting to fill my mouth as sand made its way to me. "Stop!"

The sand paused as it floated an inch from my neck. "If you want me to then go back to Wahkan."

I took out a talisman from my coat sleeve. "Shuǐ Zhī Xīng." I threw the talisman out, stopping the sand in its tracks like I had done with Adela's leaves.

I stood up and dusted myself off. "Second Release."

A star shaped water beam shot out of the star that had appeared in front of me. The beam didn't faze Yuuta. "Third release." Five water chains emerged from the star and pulled Yuuta into it. Yuuta's skin started to crack.

"Sorry," I continued. "You wanted to kill us so I have no choice but to kill you if won't stop."

Yuuta's blade moved and slashed the star breaking the spell. My supposed friend hit the floor and coughed out blobs of water and blood.

"Water...I need water." He closed his eyes.

Ying came down and grabbed Yuuta with its talons.

"Don't kill him," I yelled. "I dehydrated him, so he shouldn't be able to more for some time." I staggered toward him.

"I'm taking him back to the school," An said. He floated down and picked me up. "Let's go, we're done here." He chanted something causing a blue aura to cover me.

Prana filled my once nearly empty prana channels. How can he have this much prana? His prana isn't like that of a mage either, it's more like that of Eien's father.

"An, are you a hybrid?" I asked.

An placed me on Ying's back. "I'll like to keep some things secret."

Was that a yes? "I understand. Thank you for everything."

He smiled. "You're more understanding than Sarah."

I laughed. It was nice to know that our relationship wasn't as bad as Sarah's and Lei's.

***

We returned to the school and left Yuuta with Koukyuu. "One down, seven more to go," Koukyuu said.

"Yeah, only a few more," Ms. Key said, grimacing. "I didn't think that history would be repeating like this."

The black-haired guy who had accompanied Koukyuu several times walked over to her. He patted her on the back. "I might not have been there when that happened, but I too rather avoid the past repeating."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Something about the guy seemed familiar...

"Where could Yuuta have taken the others?" I asked, leaning against door.

"Let me see," An said as his eyes glowed. "Ah, I see..." Suddenly he closed his eyes and fell to the floor, blood pouring out of his mouth.

"An, what's wrong?"

"You should rest," Koukyuu said.

He shook his head. "Someone is blocking me. I could only find Alto and Adela. They're in the beach, fighting Youko."

"Youko?" Koukyuu said.

"Nobuyuki is heading there too," An responded as shivers spread throughout his body.

"Take us there, those guys are too strong for one of us to take down," I said. My brow furrowed, watching him there in agony. "If you can that."

He flashed me a forced smile. "Don't worry about me." He grabbed my arm. "Let's go, and stop them."

**Solar Note: What do you think of Yuuta? Was do you think he's hiding? Btw, this chapter officially starts the countdown (the song proved quite fitting for this xD) to the Grand Finale!**