[Revised/Edited] Episode 76: Yuuta Akiyama

Start from the beginning

I pointed at Yuuta. "I wasn't being clumsy, this idiot was in the way!"

Yuuta puts his hands into the pockets of his black jeans and snickered. "Well, now that your friends have found you, can you please leave? I don't want to have to fight you."

Lei smiled and put his hands behind his head. "I wouldn't mind a battle. But, doing so will break the rules, according to Ms. Key."

The older boy nodded, taking a step forward. "That's true. Well, I look forward to one day fighting you in an authorized match. If you freshman need anything, just ask." With those words, he vanished in a gust of wind and sand.

"What an odd guy," I said.

"He was pretty cool," Lei said, pointing at where he stood. "Did ya see that? I want to learn how to do that!"

I snickered as I walked ahead, but doing so sent a jolting pain coursing through my leg.

Iah put my left arm around his shoulders. "Let's go to the infirmary to get that checked."

"Wait. Let's use our potions," Lei said as he took out a bottle from his pocket. "Mr. Suzuran gave me back my second potion test run. The wound doesn't seem too serious, so this should hopefully fix it." He uncapped the bottle and kneeled down next to my knee. "This might sting a little." He poured the entire potion on my wound, causing it to vanish in an instant. A wide grin covered the corners of his face. "It worked."

"You were right. It must not have been that serious," I said, letting go of Iah and walking ahead of them. The two boys chased after me.

"Don't wonder off again," Iah scolded me.

"You'll get hurt," Lei added as he quickly caught up.

I slowed down as my stomach grumbled. "I'm going to go to the cafeteria before going back."

"So you did drop your lunch on the way down?" Iah asked. "Unfortunately they probably aren't selling food anymore."

"You dropped your lunch?" Lei's eyes became stern. He vanished like lightning and reappeared with a box of food. 'This kid needs to realize that he's pretty cool himself.' "You can have this. It's mostly carrots but, well it's something at least."

I snatched the box and ate the carrots rapidly. "They're so good."

Lei leaned his head back against his crossed hands, grinning. "If you want, I can make you a carrot dish once we get home, since you'll be quite hungry when we arrive after eating carrots and some leftover chicken for lunch."

I noticed two pieces of honey chicken left in the box. Lei enjoyed honey chicken, so why had he given me his favorite food? My face became slightly red as I said, "Th... thank you."

Lei put down his hands as his face flushed. "Uh, you're welcome."

"I have some leftovers too," Iah said, crossing his arms.

"Guys, Nyima!" Adela yelled, breath heavy as she ran toward us. "I finally found you three."

"Are you alright?" Lei asked.

"I... was attacked while looking for you, but I'll save the details for later. Ms. Key is waiting for us to return with Nyima." She gave me a piercing glare that nearly rivaled the one that she had given Eien back in the boat. "Don't run off like that again."

I slowed down and nodded. Adela really was scary.

***

We met up with the others and finished eating. Well, I did anyway. I ate Iah's leftover potato chips and unopened pomegranate juice in addition to Lei's carrots and chicken. Both of them were truly kind, giving me their favorite foods... but then again, they were partially to blame for my food falling down that staircase. At least Iah was.

"Adela said you had something to tell us?" I finally said.

"Lord Zettai wishes to talk to you," Ms. Key said.

"The father of Eien?" Adela said.

"Correct, he is the principal as well as the current regent for his oldest son."

A chilly wind filled the hall. I could swear ice had formed on the floor. "Hello neighbors," Shin'en Zettai said as he approached us. He was wearing a white kimono with a fashionable blue sash.

"Mr. Zettai," Sarah said, bowing. "Thanks for having your sons help me out the other day."

Shin'en simply smiled. "I'm glad to hear that he abandoned the idea of taking you back home."

"This aura again," Adela said, narrowing her eyes. "Is he a fairy?"

"He's a male born to a Yuki-onna," An said, staring at Shin'en as if he could see something I couldn't.

I raised an eyebrow at him and glanced back at the regnant. "You can tell?" I questioned.

"He has an icy aura," Hal said. "We noticed he was different from the typical Kyuu Seishinian when we met him back at the capital."

"You're also part angel, aren't you?" Lei asked.

"You're right, I'm the child born to beings who are part angel, and part yuki onna," the man said. A wave of freezing air enveloped all eighteen of us. When the air vanished, we all stood in an office as big as Ms. Key's living room.

Mr. Zettai sat down in a black leather seat and crossed his long, slender, snow-white fingers. He gave us a small bittersweet smile, though his eyes reflected mostly sadness.

"It is because I'm a hybrid that I can understand what you, who are Xelerians just like the majority of Kyuu Seishinians, are going through. To discriminate against another species is one thing, but to hurt even those who are of the same species... Honestly. there are times when even I can't understand Kyuu Seishinian's way of thinking."

"Not all of us are like that," a familiar voice called out. The door opened and in came the first prince.

"One shouldn't generalize a whole people based on the actions of some of them," Boukyaku continued. "Even if sometimes that segment of the population seems like the majority."

The regnant smiled at his oldest son. "That's true, Katsura taught me that. My son here will be investigating the group of eight who attacked some of you. Until we can guarantee your safety, I advise you to go out in groups, it can be in your assigned teams or otherwise." He glanced down at his pocket watch. "It's time for class. Please don't let this deter you from your dreams and goals here."

He directed his blue eyes at Iah.

"Also, it was nice to meet you again, future Emperor of Mina." He shifted his gaze toward Arima. "I look forward to seeing the class representative tournament during the festival."

Another freezing gale enveloped us, this time we appeared outside of our respective classes.

"That was cool," Lei said, grinning. "Uh, no pun intended." He snickered. "Now I really want to learn how to teleport!"

"Same here," I said, looking around. An's group and mine were together, the rest must've been warped someplace else. "What's this class again?"

Lei opened the door. "Crafting, I think."

"Welcome," a woman said, giving us a pearly white smile. The woman looked awfully familiar. That was when it hit me, she had the same wavy hair as Yuuta and even the same brown eyes.

"Hey, Nyima," Yuuta yelled from the front row.

He waved at me as if he were my long time friend. This guy, he didn't even have the right to speak so openly with me after forgetting that we met. I mean, who forgets someone who they asked for the phone number of? Guy had to be a bigger playboy than Iah or something...

He got up and sat down next to me. "I didn't expect to see you again so soon!"

I narrowed my eyes. "Nor did I."

**Solar Note: What do you think of Yuuta? Please be sure to vote and comment, it'll mean a lot to me ^^.**