[Revised/Edited] Episode 41: Earth Shaking Clash

Start from the beginning

My ears twitched as I could feel what she was feeling. The sound of slabs of earth coming at her was loud, especially when compared to the particles of dust flying around which sounded like the faint static of a radio.

"You can't escape this," Iah shouted as rocks floated around him.

She removed her arms from her eyes. Iah was behind her, rocks were coming at her from above and below.

Yen's turquoise eyes shifted between the two incoming attacks. Taking a deep breath, she moved at the speed of sound, shattering the rocks into dust with her kicks. Once she was done shattering the rock, she landed on the resulting pile of sand. A smug grin covered her face. "What was that?" she mocked.

Iah snickered. "Wow, you actually got around it." He grinned mischievously. "No matter, you fell for plan B." Iah landed on all four, slamming the sand. "Sands of crushed stone, gather before me— terrae tentamenta!"

Smooth sand grabbed Yen's arms and legs, pulling her under. Sis thrashed in all directions to get herself free from Iah's sand, but that only made it worse. Iah basically made magical quicksand!

Yen summoned her crystal butterfly knives and sliced the sand but more tendrils came at her. "This thing, it's like slicing the heads of a hydra."

"It's over," Iah said with a grin as he approached her.

"No! This ends when I say so!" she yelled, blowing him back with a supersonic wave.

He dug his feet against the ground and gritted his teeth. He dashed over to her, only to be blown back again.

She panted. The sand started to pulsate around her as if alive. Sis grinned. The sand was coming off.

The prince gasped and ran around her. Yen turned her head and tried to hit him with another supersonic wail, but this time, he avoided her attack.

Iah smiled as he appeared behind her. He gently tapped the back of her neck with his hand, causing her body to fall like that of a doll.

"Yen!" Kun yelled as he and I both touched our necks.

"What's wrong?" Nyima asked, glancing at me.

I closed my eyes. "My prana... it's flowing oddly." I gasped. I see, so he touched my sister's pressure point. What a cheap way to win.

Sis's hands shook as she tried to move. It was as if she had been paralyzed. Her eyes began to water. Even if we weren't triplets, I could tell what she was thinking. Her face gave it away. 'Damn, I'm so sorry, Lei, Kun. It looks like our match in front of a large audience will have to wait.'

I ran down to help my sister get back up. As I did, I glanced over at Iah who was returning to his seat. "That's quite a technique you have there," I said.

Iah finished reverting back to normal. "I'd hoped to save it for later, but your sister forced my hand." He gave me a slight smile. "Now that you know, it'll be difficult to hit you with it."

I gave Iah a smug grin. "I'll beat Nahi in our match and avenge my sister in the next round. I'll show you more of what we siblings can do."

Iah chuckled. His golden eyes were filled with excitement. "I look forward to seeing what the little brother can do."

I grumbled. We triplets were basically the same age.

"Lei," Yen whispered, barely able to keep her eyes open.

"Rest," I said, picking her up. My eyes shifted to Kun who had a sad smile. He probably wished he could have come with me, but he couldn't have people suspecting he was our long-believed-to-be-dead brother.

I carried my sis over to the bleachers.

"Yen," Hikaru said, walking over to us. His legs were still shaky from his training and subsequent fight with Adela. "Will she be fine?"

"She should be," Iah said as he sat back down in his seat. "It'll just take some time."

"Here, let me restore her prana flow," Adela said, standing up.

"Alright, give a shot," I said, smiling. Plus, I wanted to see how she did it. It could help me in the match against Iah.

Adela took a deep breath and put her hands over Yen's head. She moved her hands around in circles as wisps of emerald-green energy poured out. Green and blue-gray prana flowed out of Yen and spun around in a majestic, otherworldly dance.

"So she is a healer after all. A true red mage," Hikaru said in awe as Yen opened her eyes.

I watched as my sister's prana channels continued to reopen. These wisps, were they prana? No, they seemed different. Qi? But how would she know how to use the energy of the Wynagans? Maybe it was something else. An energy I'd never seen before. After all, there were more than just three realms. Each could have had its own energy. Although, that still begged the question, how did Adela know how to use it?  

**Solar Note: Hope that you enjoyed the chapter. Thoughts on the battle?**