Episode 109: Undead

Start from the beginning

Pretty sure she had, but I wasn't going to bring that up right now, especially when she was this mad.

"Everyone, focus on the beast. We can talk later!" Kun yelled as he dodged more tails.

The fox sighed. "I can't believe that you children pushed me to this point." The fox reverted back to the fox masked man. His nails became claws as his black hair grew longer and his ears turned into fox ears.

Kun smiled. "You don't have the energy left to maintain this form for long." He raised the stones around him and enveloped himself with wind. "Get ready, for you're fighting the next Magus Maximus!"

I snickered as I watched him fight. Kun...

***

[Five Years Ago]

"You want to become a teacher?" Yen asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, like my big brother. What about you three?"

Kun scoffed and pointed toward the sky. "I want to be Magus Maximus."

"Me too!" Lei said, chuckling.

Yen snickered. "You two will have to get past me first."

Lei pouted. "I will, just you wait!"

"Like an asthmatic can become Magus Maximus," a kid called out.

We turned around and saw the boy who had taken Lei's inhaler, Ayawamat.

Kun and Yen walked over to him. "You hurt our little brother," Yen said, narrowing her eyes.

"We spared you as saving Lei was our priority. However, those who mess with us Lan siblings get hurt," Kun said, pulling up Ayawamat by the collar of his shirt.

Ayawamat grinned as bugs crawled up Kun's arms.

Kun kept holding him. "I'm not afraid of your insects." He walked over to the edge of the cliff and held him out. "Now, pay the consequences."

"Stop!" Lei yelled. "Brother, don't do that. This guy isn't worth it."

Kun nodded and smiled at the watery-eyed kid. He dropped him to the sand dunes below.

The kid stood up and dusted sand off of his clothes.

"Let's hope that your parents don't ground you for playing around in the sand," Yen yelled.

Tears slide down Ayawamat's face as he ran off.

***

['Present']

"Those three can be worse than those who mess with them," I said as I ran around the fox masked man.

"Halt," said the girl wearing the horse mask as she descended the steps. I think Miwa called her 'Kohaku' during the briefing.

"I forgot that there was another one," Kun said, glancing back.

Kohaku rushed in and grabbed Wanikiya from Nahimana. "Give up or he dies?"

"No," Orion said, spinning around.

Nahimana gritted her teeth. "Let him go, now!"

"You're in no position to be giving me demands," she said as she held a knife a hair away from the prince's neck.

Wanikiya clenched his hands as all of the power from his spirit went back inside him.

*Lei*

"I got to go help the others," I said, rising from the bed.

"Wait," Adela said. "You barely got better!"

I turned my back to her. "I'll be fine. You should rest."

Nyima ran over to me and hugged my back. "Listen to her. I don't want to see you nearly die."

My face flushed. Man, was I lucky to have these girls are my teammates and friends.

"How about we all go?" I suggested. "I got a feeling that Iah went with the others."

I also have a feeling that someone else is there...

"I'll take you there," Bokyaku said as he entered with his teammates.

"Be wary," his aunt advised him. "Don't let your feelings cloud your actions."

Boukyaku smiled. "I won't."

"Yeah, hopefully you don't. If you do then you might end up like the Shield-Knight," Hideo said, keeping his eyes down.

'Shield Knight? Did he mean... that guy I met years ago?'

**Solar Note: Hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^**