Izzy & Theo <3

A/N - unexpected duo but they have no Extras together so here we are❤️

IM ALIVE ‼️ a little something for you all while I suffer with these exams

Themes of grief throughout this scene

~~~

Isabella

I was feeling shit today.

I didn't really know why, but there were random days where all I could think about was my mother, how she was no longer with me, how I couldn't just get in my car to visit her at the cemetery.

And while my brothers had the money, I couldn't exactly just ask them to fly me to London because I was missing her.

In fact, instead of confiding in them- or anyone for that matter, I'd ended up driving to see Amelia and Gray, just wanting my mind taken off of things.

Ezra was busy working today, and like I said, I didn't want to confide in my brothers when I knew there was nothing anyone could do.

My first mistake was turning up to the Kingston household with no warning whatsoever, I took note of only Theo's black Mercedes as I parked up and climbed out. The twins could have still been here though, at nineteen both of them still didn't know how to drive yet.

Tapping my fist against their door a few times I stood back and waited, hugging myself in one of Xan's hoodies I'd stolen before I left; it was mid October now, and getting colder as the days went on.

I perked up when I heard footsteps on the other side, smiling when Theo opened the door, looking down at me with warm eyes; my brother's best friend had basically become a seventh brother to me, and I always felt safe when he was around.

"Izzy", he opened the door a little wider, letting me inside, "you uh, you okay?".

"Kinda", I gave him a weak smile once he'd closed the door, I watched him raise an eyebrow and sighed, "not really". He hummed, nodding towards the kitchen so I followed him, the house was completely silent- I didn't think anyone else was here.

"I'm the only-only one uh, here", he practically read my mind, opening the fridge and retrieving two cans of Redbull, "they've gone to-to my grand-grandparents for the uh, night". Perfect timing Izzy.

"You didn't go?", I asked before wincing, "right. We don't like them". From what I'd heard from both Caleb and Theo himself, his grandparents were pretty condescending when it came to Theo's stutter- I didn't know why that would make someone treat someone else any differently.

"They're not worth- not worth my time", he smiled, even though it didn't quite meet his eyes, "they don't wanna- wanna wait for me to uh, to take a little longer to sp-speak, then so be it".

"Preach", I chuckled, opening my drink and taking a sip, "I uh, was thinking about my mum a lot. Just wanted to get out of the house". His facial expression softened and he nodded, opening his own drink and sipping it before leaning his inked forearms on the counter.

"I get that", he smiled weakly, "I imagine it's uh, it's harder for you...with her being- her being buried in London". I cursed myself as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, I didn't want to cry now, let alone in front of Theo.

"Yeah", I muttered, "and I know Zane would literally drop everything to take me there if I asked, but that's stupid- I can't ask him to do that".

"I don't think it's uh, it's stupid", Theo shook his head, "people find- find comfort in the cemetery...if that's- if that's where you feel uh, comfortable..". He trailed off whilst waving a hand and I nodded, trying to blink back tears and focus on my drink instead.