Izzy's Life in London pt.2

A/N - kinda lacking the 'life in London' part but it's a cute scene 🫶🏾

Another from when Izzy first moved in 🥹

~~~

Isabella

Today was gonna be a good day.

I don't know if I was just saying that because the sun was shining brightly today, or because all six of my brothers were in a good mood, but today was gonna be a good day.

I was in shorts and one of Xav's t-shirts laying on the grass in the garden, said brother typing away as he sat on his phone beside me; he too was wearing shorts but was shirtless, a backwards cap completing his look today.

"It's so fucking hot", he groaned after a moment or two, tossing his phone onto the grass, "wanna go get ice cream?".

"I can't say no to that", I replied, sitting upright and glancing back at the house, "just me and you?".

"Just me and you", he confirmed with a rapid nod, "let me find a t-shirt, I'll meet you by the door in five- could you grab my wallet? I think it's on the kitchen counter".

"Sure", I agreed, rising to my feet at the same time he did, "should I bring my card too?". His face scrunched up in disgust as if I'd suggested something wrong- I didn't want to assume he was paying for me.

"You insult me, little sister", he shoved my head playfully, "you don't need to bring your money when you're with any of us".

Well then.

"I'll meet you by the door in five?", I asked sheepishly, the two of us heading inside together. Xav nodded with a hum as I picked up the wallet on the counter and shoved it into one of the pockets on my shorts, he hurried out of the room with heavy footsteps trailing up the stairs a moment later.

~

Ten minutes later and my seventeen year old brother pretty much bounced back downstairs, a completely different pair of shorts on paired with a blue t-shirt, his backwards cap, and sunglasses.

"We ready to go?", he grinned, rubbing his hands together, "car keys". He fished around in his pockets and retrieved them, waving them around in my face before opening the door with a sigh. I'd forgotten how hot it was whilst being inside, and the wave of heat that hit me the second we left the house was almost overwhelming.

I followed Xav to his Jeep, smiling when he opened my door for me and gestured for me to get in; I'd learned quickly that my brother didn't have a bad bone in his body.

"Let me put the AC on", he tapped away at random buttons, so much so that you'd think this was his first time sitting in the driver's seat of a car, "okay, ice cream- let's do it". He tapped away at the screen this time, opening the GPS and putting in a destination.

"You haven't been there before?", I asked him, buckling my seatbelt and running my fingers through my hair.

"I go there all the time", he said as if it were obvious, "GPS is there to keep me focused".

"Got it", I nodded with a smile, "what flavour are you gonna get?".

"I'm thinking chocolate, but then again I could get two scoops and add strawberry- that's Xan's favourite flavour by the way, what's yours?", he spun us out of the driveway and headed down the road, the windows mixed with the AC on felt fucking amazing right now.

"I like vanilla-,", I didn't have a chance to say anything else after that, my seventeen year old brother's gasp filling the car straight away.

"Chase likes vanilla, and coffee- like Zane. Xan calls vanilla boring but I think he's the boring one- he hasn't changed his favourite flavour since we were like nine, I remember Zane would take us for ice cream after Xan's therapy sessions- am I talking too much?", I chuckled a little, shaking my head instantaneously, I loved listening to Xav's rambles which usually ended on a completely different topic to the one they began on.