Luca & Cole

A/N - short and sweet ❤️

Cole's a big softie really and this proves it <3

~~~

Luca

It'd been twenty four hours since I'd turned 18, and instead of carrying on the celebrations with my parents and sister, my best-friend-slash-cousin had been on my mind all night. Cole had a funny way of displaying emotion, and I knew something was bothering him, so I'd taken it upon myself to find out what it was.

The drive to Uncle Xan and Uncle Jax's wasn't long, fifteen minutes give or take, and by the time I got there, I was fucking starving. Cole could buy me food as a late birthday present.

"Luke, not hungover?", Uncle Xan opened the door, shirtless, hair dripping all over the place, nothing but a towel around his waist.

"I didn't drink yesterday", I shook my head with a smirk, "where's-,".

"Xan, if you don't get up here and fuck me like-,", oh my fucking shit.

"Jax! Luke's here!", my uncle looked at me with a shrug and I winced, wishing I could go back in time by thirty seconds.

"Oh fuck!", he cursed, I could hear scurrying around up there, "you okay Luke?".

Just traumatised for life, no biggie.

"All good Uncle Jax", I called out, "looking for Cole".

"Out back", Uncle Xan jabbed a thumb over his shoulder and I nodded.

"Where's Quinn?", I just hoped they weren't doing...that with either of their sons under the roof.

"Stayed at Caleb's last night", he replied and I hummed, "see if you can get through to Cole, hm? Kid's shutting everyone out".

"I'll figure it out", I promised and he patted my shoulder, stepping out of the way so I could walk through the house and out the patio doors in the kitchen. He all but ran back upstairs and I shivered, I didn't even wanna know.

~

My uncles had built a mini-house out in the back garden for no reason whatsoever, but as Cole had gotten older and angrier, he'd been using it to get away from his dads and brother more and more often- he was heading down a shitty path and I wasn't about to let that happen.

Not when he'd been there for me too.

I tapped my knuckles on the wooden door before pushing it open, peering around the open plan room and proceeding to close the door behind me.

"I know you're in here", I called out, walking across the floorboards and frowning when something caught my eye to my left, "you've gotta be fucking kidding me". Cole was sitting on the kitchen floor, back against the counter, nearly empty small bottle of vodka hanging in his loose hold, arms limp at his sides.

"Fuck off Luke", he slurred, going to take another swig until I stopped him, lowering myself onto the ground beside him and placing the bottle down, "leave me alone".

"Yeah, that'll happen", I scoffed, "you're a fucking mess".

"I'm flattered", he pressed a hand against his chest and sent me an over the top smile, "whatcha want?".

"To talk to you", I replied, watching him in distaste, "but you don't look like you can hold a conversation".

"Oh please", he turned to me, dropping a hand onto my shoulder, "I could hold a conversation with my eyes closed". What?

"You need to sober up", I announced, rising to my feet and holding onto his wrists, "up you get". I hauled him upright and he dropped his head into the crook of my shoulder, putting most of his body weight on me.