After The Phonecall...

A/N - while it's still fresh🫶🏾🫶🏾

Short one...

~~~

Zane

Was there a way to pinch every spot on my body at once to make sure I wasn't hallucinating?

Or dead?

Was I even in this body right now?

I blinked, dropping the phone onto the desk and just standing there.

Waiting.

For what, I wasn't sure.

But I didn't think I could move right now, or speak, or think.

I knew this was coming, but not now, not today.

I flinched when the office door opened, Chase surrendered as he stepped inside, his face full of confusion as he approached me cautiously.

"What's happened?", he asked, looking up at me and fixing his glasses, "is it him? Was it the prison or something? Has-,".

"Isabella", our sister's name escaped my name in a whisper, my body tingling as I clear my throat and squeezed my hands together, "it's about Isabella".

"You're scaring me", he narrowed his blue eyes, looking at the discarded phone and then back up at my face, "is she okay? Is she-,".

"She's coming home, effective immediately", Chase went just as still as I was, opening and closing his mouth a few times before giving up for a moment, raking a hand through his hair and taking a small step back.

"You're lying", he shook his head, "is this some joke Zane? Is she actually- she's- she's coming home?". I could only nod as he chuckled to himself, then removed his glasses to wipe his eyes quickly.

This still didn't feel real.

I was convinced it wasn't real.

"Go and gather the others in the living room", I demanded, "don't say anything yet". He nodded, turned to leave the room, then spun on his heel and tackled me into a hug and laughing.

"Do you know how long we've waited for this?", I could hear the smile in his voice, and he appeared to be so overjoyed by the news that he was yet to ask me any questions regarding our mother. I blinked at the thought of her, at the news I'd received, unaware on how to feel about it at all; I knew I'd have to break the news to them all shortly though.

~

"Don't tell me we're getting bad news again?", Alexander was the last person to drop onto a sofa, raking his fingers through his black hair, "I can't fucking take anymore of it".

"You look like you've seen a ghost Zane", Xavier frowned, "did you see a ghost?".

It felt like I'd seen a fucking ghost.

"Can you hear yourself when you speak?", Caleb slapped the seventeen year old on the head and Theo rolled his eyes; I still felt like I was barely here right now.

"Everyone shut up and listen to Zane", Chase snapped, leaning back against Aurora who kissed his head and turned to face me- in fact now all eyes were on me.

"I've just received a call from a police station in London", I swallowed, my own voice sounding unrecognisable as my gaze travelled between everyone in the room.

"Who the fuck's broken the law in London?", Alexander scrunched up his face, as did everyone else- and here went nothing.

"Our sister", you could hear a pin drop at the rate silence filled the room in the blink of an eye, "not broken the law exactly, but they called on her behalf".