Luca & Stella <3

A/N - a very short but very sweet one 🥹

~~~

Luca

It wasn't often that our parents left us home alone, with Stella thirteen and me only a year older, but they'd gone out on a date today, which meant that I was in charge at home.

Mum had left us food in the fridge so I'd heated that up, me and my sister eating at the table in silence- that never happened.

Stel barely ate any of her food either, that never happened too.

Maybe she was getting sick or something.

I'd washed up our plates and headed into the living room, watching a movie on my own with some popcorn in my lap, I was pretty bored if I was being honest. I thought about calling Cole, then changed my mind because all he'd do was complain about school or something, I thought about calling Isaac but knew he would just talk non-stop about basketball.

And I thought about calling Kade, but he was nearly eighteen, I bet he didn't want to have a conversation with his little cousin.

"Luke!", I dropped my phone and jumped, groaning when popcorn went all over the place, "Luke!". Abandoning the mess and the movie I ran upstairs, bursting into Stella's room and frowning when I saw she wasn't in there.

"Stel?", I called out, doing a quick three-sixty of the space, my heart was beating really fast now.

"I'm in here", came her quiet reply from her bathroom, and the second I pulled down the handle she gasped, "don't come in!".

"How am I supposed to help if I can't come in?", I released the handle anyway, "are you hurt?".

"You need to call Mum", she told me, ignoring my questions, "Luke".

"They said to only call for emergencies- are you hurt? Is it an emergency?", I held onto the handle again, debating whether or not to just walk in, "Stel?".

"It's uh- my period started", oh. I let go of the handle again and stepped back, my cheeks heating up a little. 

"Oh", I cleared my throat, wringing my hands together, "so you're-,".

"On the toilet. Bleeding", I grimaced and peered around her room, I didn't know what to do in this situation, "my stomach hurts".

"Do you want to call Mama?", I asked hesitantly, "or Dad-,".

"Not Dad!", she hissed, "uh, not Mum either, you're right- it's not an emergency".

"But you sound in pain Stel", I scratched my head, "what am I supposed to do?".

"Crap", she whispered from the other side of the closed door, "can you uh- go into their bathroom and see if you can find some pads? Please?".

Bathroom.

Pads.

I could do that.

"Uh, what do pads look like?", I asked sheepishly, hearing her groan from the bathroom.

"You'll know when you see them", was all she said, I grumbled out some form of goodbye and rushed down the hallway, storming into my parents' room and straight into their en-suite.

I dropped to my knees to rummage through the cabinets under the sink, throwing all sorts of things onto the floor. Toothpaste tubes, towels, toilet paper...condoms, and- sanitary pads.

Bingo.

I thought I'd finally done something right when I picked up the pack, then my eyebrows pulled into a frown when I saw more packs behind those with  different colours of packaging.