Zane & Luca

A/N - very short, kinda sweet ❤️

TW - upsetting scenes this chapter

~~~

Luca

I was bored out my fucking mind.

It was fall break, yet nobody seemed to be free, so I was bored out of my mind.

Stella was at Olivia's house, Dad had taken Mum out for lunch, and all of my cousins were doing shit or spending time with their parents. So my only solution after that was to go and pester Uncle Zane and Uncle Nix; sure there was a chance I'd be interrupting the two of them, but it wasn't like they didn't see each other 24/7.

I was simply blessing them with the presence of their favourite nephew.

I took the short drive to my uncles' house in my BMW, frowning when I saw no cars parked in the driveway- was everyone in this fucking family occupied today?

And while I was tempted to just drive away, something in my gut told me to just knock the door regardless on the off-chance that one of them had taken the car and the other had stayed home. Plus, they were my only chance of entertainment today, so I had to see one of them were home.

No reply when I knocked the door, but it had been left unlocked- they'd never leave their door unlocked had both of them gone out.

"Uncle Zane?", I called out into the quiet house, closing the door behind me slowly and peering around, "Uncle Nix?".

Silence.

With a frown I pulled my phone from my pocket, dialling my mother's eldest brother's number and letting it ring; Uncle Zane wasn't the type to leave his house unlocked, he was big on protection and being precautious.

My frown deepened when I heard faint ringing coming from upstairs, instantly putting me on high alert- if my uncle was up there alone and something was wrong with his sugar levels it could be life-threatening, I found myself running up the steps and bursting into their bedroom without giving two shits.

Uncle Zane's phone was still ringing in the bathroom so I headed straight in there, only ending the call when I saw him slumped against the wall and panting heavily, head bowed and arms looped around his knees.

"Uncle Zane?", I dropped to the floor and leaned to try and see his face, "what is it? Do you need insulin? Where's Uncle Nix?". My heart was so fucking close to jumping out of my chest, my hands trembling as a placed a hand on my uncle's knee; while my parents had taught Stel and I what to do if Uncle Zane needed insulin in an emergency, that didn't make this situation any more terrifying.

"It's not- it's not-", he winced, pressing a hand down on his chest while I tried to lower his legs, "panic attack".

Oh.

"Okay, okay- uh, you need to focus on your breathing", if you couldn't tell already, I was the worst person to be with in a high-stress situation, I panicked more than the people panicking, it was fucking embarrassing.

"Yeah", Uncle Zane breathed out, letting his legs stretch out as his eyes finally met mine, "Luca". I reached out for his hand with my shaky one and squeezed it, pushing my stupid hair out of my face so I could try and focus.

"I'm right here", I nodded, watching his chest move up and down so quickly it looked like he'd run a marathon, "it's gonna be okay, yeah?".

Instead of nodding he shook his head, squeezing my hand tighter as the pleading look in his eyes intensified; I don't think I'd felt this useless in my life before, not even when Dad panicked like this at the mall or in busy places.

Extras🎬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें