The *** Talk

A/N - 5 scenes in a week what drugs am I on😃

*This scene takes place a few days after the bonus scene in Delgado where Caleb catches Izzy and Ezra- yeah*

Shorter scene today but enjoy❤️❤️

~~~

Isabella

"I'm not joking darlin', it's all yours", I opened the small velvet jewellery box that Ezra had just brought out of his hoodie pocket, trust him to spring a random gift on me with no warning. I grinned and sat up on my bed properly, gasping the second I lifted the lid and saw what was inside.

"You fucking didn't", my eyes met his and his face lit up, that smile that had become one of my favourite things of all time making my heart skip a beat.

"I fucking did", he said proudly, "put it on then". I pulled out the silver, diamond ring with an infinity symbol in the middle of it, sliding it onto my ring finger and watching my boyfriend smirk.

"Ring finger huh?", he wiggled his eyebrows, "not yet darlin'". I rolled my eyes and moved it to my middle, it fit just as perfectly and I chuckled, placing my hands on his shoulders and straddling him; my bent legs on either side of his thighs.

"This okay?", I checked and he hummed, kissing my nose, "I can't believe you bought it".

"You were staring at it like it killed you to walk away from it", it had, "course I fucking bought it".

"You're amazing, you know that right?", I lowered my forehead against his, my breath hitching when his hands planted on my waist.

"Oh yeah?", he raised an eyebrow, that same grin nearly sending me into cardiac arrest, "prove it". Smug piece of shit.

"Maybe I will", I pressed my lips against his- right as my fucking door knocked.

Really?

Ezra and I scrambled off of each other, I rose to my feet and approached the door, pulling it open after taking a breath. We'd been taking extra care to not be too PDA-y these past few days...ever since Cay caught Ezra and I in a...compromising position last week.

He hadn't been able to look me in the eye since.

And his slowly, slowly improving relationship with my boyfriend had been shoved straight back to square one.

"Isabella", Zane gazed down at me, then let his gaze travel behind me, "Ezra".

"Zane", Ezra nodded, climbing off the bed and standing a little further behind me.

"What's up?", I asked my eldest brother, praying my face didn't look flushed and I'd have to avoid another one of my family members like the plague.

"Your brothers and I would like a word downstairs, now", my heart stopped, "both of you". I nodded, peering over my shoulder at Ezra and praying he could see the fear in my eyes; as always his chilled expression looked back at me- he even went so far as to fucking smile.

"Is everyone okay?", I tried to make conversation on the way downstairs, squeezing Ezra's hand like my life depended on it, not even caring if I was cutting off his blood flow, "nothing's wrong right?". I hoped my voice didn't sound shaky, I didn't want to give him a reason to think I was guilty, whatever this conversation was about.

It had to be about last week, right? Why else would Ezra be dragged into it too?

"Everyone's fine", he said sincerely, stopping at the closed living room door, "we just need to have a...talk". I held my breath as he opened the door, Ezra squeezed my hand one last time before releasing it, letting my arm drop to my side loosely- Caleb had definitely told them...