Chapter 150♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

Looking at the time, I sat up. It was mine and Dad's therapy session today. It was nice that we were having a fresh start. Getting up, I made my bed, opened my curtains and played some music. Grace Gustad was amazing to listen to. It was like part of my recovery. Hearing a knock on my bedroom door, I asked who it was. "It's Mom." Letting her in, she hugged me. "How are you this morning?" I said that I was fine. Looking through my wardrobe, I saw a cute bits. Getting out my jeans with my high waist Adidas jumper, mom then told me that she was proud. "I am Ariel. You have come so far in the last few months. You've got a nice set of close friends, a good routine and you're doing well at school and therapy." I thanked her.

'I love you Mom.' She kissed my cheek. 'I love you too." My phone then bleeped. It was the girls from art club. And Ria.

Ria:
Hey bestie. How are you this morning?🥰

...

I'm good thanks. I have therapy with my dad this morning. Do you wanna meet for milkshakes later?😊

Getting in the shower, I heard my siblings. "No! Aigey!' Caleb must be a little bit tired this morning. 'Something up?" Dad huffed. "Yes. Your brother and sister are constanly bickering." Heading into the bathroom, I kneeled down to Caleb's level. "Hey Caleb. What do you have here?" He was holding a sponge. He was adorable. "I was using it.. then Caleb took it." Paigey looked upset.

"Listen Caleb. We have to learn to share." He then cried a little. Then, he smiled. "Aigey." She kissed his cheek. "Thankyou." Mom and Dad clapped as they stood behind me. "Well done for sorting out the conflict."

I smiled. 'Ria asked me if I wanted to go for a milkshake later." Dad gave me some cash. "I'll look at getting a part time job. It might be good." Dad agreed. "It's the next step in independence for you darling." He went to get ready as my siblings were playing in the playroom. "Ariel!" Mom called me. As I finished my hair, I went to see her in the bedroom. "Is everything ok?' Mom nodded. "Yes. Whilist you're gone, I'm going to look over more wedding plans." I smiled. "That's exciting." I couldn't wait. "Who is going to walk you down the aisle?" Mom then looked at me. "I might ask Cragen. He's always been like a dad to me and I trust him." Mom told me more about him. "He was our Captain when me and your father first started out as detectives. He knew that we had this bond." I said that was sweet. "I'd love to meet him." Mom said I would one day. "Right.. who wants to watch a movie?" Caleb squealed and Paige smiled. "Meee!' As both of them went downstairs, me and Dad got ready to go. "See you guys soon!'

When we got in the car, I took my headphones out. Putting them in, Dad started the car. Listening to Grace Gustad, I thought about a few months ago..

"Dad! Leave me alone!" He kept following me around. I was at a party on my own and I just wanted some time to chill. "This is my mate Jack.' Dad looked at me. "Ariel. It's 11pm. You shouldn't be out.' I smoked. "Is this what I think it is?" I laughed in his face.. "Yes Dad. I'm high." He asked me if I wanted a glass of water. "No. I'm alright thanks.'

"Are you ok sweetheart? We're here." Taking out my headphones, I smiled. "I'm good." Getting out of the car, Dad booked us in.

Sitting down with me, we spoke about the wedding and possibly having a vacation with everyone. "Gran and Charlie could come too. We don't spend enough time with them." Dad agreed. "He is my brother after all." He then asked me what he was hoping I would get out of our session today. "I hope that I can tell you more about how I plan to continue with my soberity and some of my hopes for the future. " Dad placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm hoping to talk more about how we can spend more father/daughter time together without the chaos."

Clare then called our names. "Hi guys." As we sat down, Clare got her notepad. "So, it's been a while I've seen you Ariel. How have you been getting on?' I was honest. "Things have been a lot calmer. I've been sober for at least 6 months now." Clare smiled at me. "That's fantastic! I'm so proud of you!' I told her more about art club and my mentor sessions too. "I see Anna at school every Monday before art club. We talk about my coping strategies and other things that may be bothering me." Dad then spoke. "We had a chat the other day about boundaries and I've said that as long as we continue to communicate in a healthy way, I can work with her and give her space when she needs it." As the session continued, we told Claire what else we would like to do..

"I'd like us to have a regular father/daughter afternoon. And do anything that Ariel would like to do. But just have no technology." Claire said that sounded great.  "It gives your dad a chance to see what you like to do in your free time and you also get to bond.'

We both agreed. "I'm just happy to like be living with an improved version of Ariel. She's being honest and truthful with both me and Liv and that's ressauring for us.

"Paige and Caleb love having their older sister around me as well." Claire said that she was impressed.

(Alex's P.O.V)

Heading downstairs to make a cup of tea, my mom was sat at the table. "Couldn't sleep?" I shook my head. "Chris just keeps swirling around in my head Mom. I didn't excatly get a proper explanation from him about where things went wrong." My mom took my hand. "When you two met, he was amazing. You couldn't stop smiling for days." I remembered that..

"I just wanna know if he still loves me." Mom said that there was only one way to find out. "Will you keep an eye on the boys for me?'

She said yes. "Be careful. Just talk. Get things off your chest.'

Author's Note: Eeek!!! This is my last chapter before I end this book! You will have to find out more about how Alex and Chris get on in my sequel!

Leave your opinions and theories! I would love to hear them!!

Lauren xxx