Chapter 62♡

(Paige's P.O.V)

After we went to the park, we headed home. "Thanks for this afternoon Ari. It was really fun." She smiled at me. As we crossed the road, I saw someone who looked like Brett. The guy turned around. It was him. My sis was hurt by him. I wasn't going to be his friend. I had to distract her. "Er Ari.. let's go this way home!" Turning around, Ariel was confused. "We just have to go home." She then turned around. "Oh.. it's him." I hugged her. "He treated you badly Ari." I felt bad for  her. "We can always spend time with Caleb when you're done at therapy." She smiled at me. "And I can bother daddy!" When we got home, I opened the front door. "Daddy! Mommy!" They heard us as we walked through the door. "Hey sweetheart. Did you enjoy your sister time?" I nodded. "Are you ready to head off for therapy Ariel?' She looked at me. 'Yeah.' As Mom and her left, Daddy cuddled me. 'Did you wanna color pumpkin?' I nodded. As I went to get my coloring book, I heard Caleb. 'Aigey!! Aigey!' He was so sweet. 'Did you wanna try and color too baby bro?' He giggled. As I walked over to my little table, he took a coloring pencil. 'Let me give you some paper.' As I started coloring, I heard Daddy on the phone. I wonder if it had anything to do with Mommy and Alex? 'Yeah. She'll be so surprised to see you. See you in a bit.' 

As he came back into the living room, he smiled. 'How did you get your brother to color?' I giggled. 'I just did.'

Dad watched him as he drew all over the paper. 'You're so clever.' He looked up at him. 'What shall I make for tea toinght?' Paige suggested pasta with vegetables. 'That sounds tasty. Mommy's friend is coming over later.' As I continued to color, I told Daddy that we saw Brett. "Brett? As in Ari's.." He looked at me. "Yes Daddy." He then thought about things. "What did you two do when you saw him?" I giggled. "I distracted Ari." Caleb then slammed the pencil down on his piece of paper. "Da! Da!" He then giggled.. getting all excited. "That's so good buddy."

Asking if I could keep an eye on him, Daddy went to start dinner. Caleb then went over to the play table in the corner. I switched the tv on. Watching a bit of tv, I  heard the phone ring.. going to answer it, I asked who it was. "It's your gran honey." Having a chat with her, she told me that Uncle Charlie wanted to see us. "When?" Dad then came into the living room. "Pass me the phone Paigey."

(Ariel's P.O.V)

"Hi Claire." She smiled at me. "Hi Ariel. You must be Olivia?" Mom nodded. "Let's get started." We had pieces of lined paper. And 2 pens. "I would like both of you to write a letter to each other explaning how you currently feel about your individual journey." We both looked at one another. "Ahh ok. Could I stay in here?" Mom said that she could go in another room. "I'll take you to the room down the hall." As Mom left, she said that she wouldn't be long. "Write about what you're feeling sweetheart. I love you." I said that I loved her too.

As I picked up my pen, I started writing. When I first met Liv, we had communicated through words on paper. It was because I didn't want to verbally talk.. so this task was perfect.

Dear Mom,

I know that I've messed up. I am really grateful for you, Dad, Caleb and Paige. I just feel all sad when I think about what Dawson did to me. I was locked in my old bedroom for 6 years by my old mom. When she used to party all the time, she would come back with a random man. They would immediately ask me how old I was.. then proceed to flirting with me. She would then force me to entertain them. Dawson took advantage of me... so when I found out that Brett had done that with some other girl, I felt awful. I relapsed badly.. drinking 6 bottles of cider and then I met my friend Jack a few days after and snorted some drugs. That's when my godfather rang me.. I was at Jack's house getting high. I do want to get better. I just need your help. I trust you and Dad. I mean it this time. I'll do whatever I need to do to get clean.

Love from,

Ariel x

(Olivia's P.O.V)

Picking up my pen, I started writing..

Dear Ariel,

Ahhh.. my oldest baby girl. When I first met you, I knew that you were going to mean a lot to me and your father. I love your strength. You are such an amazing daughter. I know that you have been struggling.. but the main thing that you need to know is that you are loved. I will do everything in my power to protect you, Paige and Caleb. Things will get better. You've admitted that you need help. That's a good thing. Just know that I love you. You're a Benson.💜💜💜xx

Love from,

Mom x

After we had written our letters, we went back into the room to see Claire. "Would you like to your letters to one another?" We both said yes. Giving our letters to each other, we read them. We both then started crying. "Aw Mom.. your words were beautiful. Thank-you. They mean a lot to me." Mom then gave me a hug. "Your words meant a lot to me as well baby girl. I'm so proud of you." We then spoke about the next step of my therapy plan.

"We can start things but scaling back on the drugs." She looked at me.. "Honey, I know that's it is scary.. but we can do this one step at a time." She squeezed my hand. "I'm going to prescribe a alternative to the drugs that you used to take." We both said that was fine. "You may experience some side effects such as feeling sick, anger outbursts and tense muscles." I held on to Ariel. "I promise you that you are doing a good job. We'll get through this." Once Claire had given me the box, we thanked her. 'Anytime. I'll ring you to arrange your next appointment." When we left, we jumped in the car.

"That felt good Mom. Thankyou for understanding." I kissed Ari's cheek. "I love you sweetie." On the way home, she asked me about tonight. "We should all chill in the garden tonight." My phone bleeped. It was Dad..

I hope your parent therapy session went well honey. If you're coming home now, tell your mom to stay outside for 5 minutes. Your auntie Alex is coming and I would love to surprise her. Xx

Laughing, Mom asked what I was laughing at. "Oh nothing.." As we drove up outside the apartment, I told Mom to stay outside for 5 minutes. "Why?" I smiled and went indoors. "Dad.. she's outside." Dad then brought me inside. "You must be Ariel?" A lady with long blonde hair smiled at me. "I'm Alex. I used to work at SVU." I said hi back. "Dinner is nearly done.. so can you and Paige go and set the table whilst I distract your mom please?" We both said yes. "Da! Da!" He then picked Caleb up. Going to set the table with Paige, we got to know Alex a bit more. "I actually have 2 sons. Zack and Tyler. They are with their dad this weekend though."

(Elliot's P.O.V)

"Da! Da!" Olivia raised her eyebrows at me. "Why are you out here? Do you have a surprise for me?" I smiled. "I may do." Caleb kept distracting her. "How much longer Ell?" I said about 5 minutes. "What colours would you like for the wedding? What are you thinking?" She told me her ideas.. "Red and White. That sounds good. I'll need to think about my best men and what I can do for our wedding night.." I kissed her cheek. Then her lips. My phone then went off. The girls had sorted everything out.
Done! You can come in now.💗💗xxx

I then told Liv that we could go inside. "Finally! Come on baby boy!" He giggled. "You're getting a bit heavy now Caleb." I kissed her. As we went inside, I told her to close her eyes. "I've got Caleb.. keep walking." As she kept walking, I told her to open her eyes. "Surprise!" She was so shocked. "You said you were coming this evening Alex! It's so nice to see you!" She was surprised. As we all sat down for dinner, we caught up on everything. "How are the boys? I bet they are so grown up now!" Alex told us everything. "Zack is 14 and Tyler is 16." Liv gasped. "Ariel is 15 and Paige is 6."

Alex said that we have raised such amazing girls. "Caleb will be 1 in July." He sat in his highchair with the vegetables smeared on his face. "Ahhh. You're too mucky baby boy." Weaning him was a good experience. "We must have a chat once the kids have gone to bed." Alex smiled. "Yes. We must."

The evening couldn't of gone any better.