Chapter 143♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

Finishing off my sketch for an art mural, I heard a ping on my phone. It was Jason and the other girls that are new to art club.

Jason:

Hey beautiful. What are you up to? My mom is like 9 weeks along now. She's excited.❤️

...

Texting him back, I kept sketching.. my idea was pretty good. Staying at Ria's the other night was super fun. We watched movies and had a little catch up. I loved being her bestie. Her and Jared had totally been flirting with one another. She really liked him. Sketching a bit more, I heard Caleb. He was banging on my bedroom door. Opening it, he put his hands out. "Hug?" He was so talkative!🥰 "peas?" Picking him up, he snuggled his face into mine. Talking to him, he responded in his own way. He picked up my coloured pencil. Mom and Dad were probably downstairs chilling. He then decided to draw in my notebook. The squiggles were so cute. I then spun around on my chair, he giggled. Paigey then came into my bedroom. "Hey Ari." She then told me about her sleepover. "It was so fun! Me and Cece ate marshmallows. And we watched Sing. It's such a good film. And we also practiced more cheerleading moves." Hearing Mom and Dad head upstairs, we hid..

"Where do you think our kids are Liv?" They looked around in my bedroom. "Mommy.." Caleb peeped out from behind my desk. "Here's my boy!" He clapped his hands. "I think the aspiring cheerleader is in the corner over there." Mom walked over to my bed. Seeing her brown hair, she tickled her. "Ahhh!" Mom then looked at my sketch. "I love those sweetheart. What's it for?" I told her and Dad a bit more. "Well, it's for a mural at school. I'm going to talk to my mentor and art tutor about it." Dad looked at it. "It's really, really good. Well done." I thanked him. "We had better get someone in the bath." Caleb smiled. He had such a cute smile. Taking himself off to the bathroom, Mom asked me how things were. "I'm feeling more positive. My urges have calmed down a lot and I'm writing in my journal." Mom smiled. "I'm happy to hear that. Remember that you therapy tomorrow with your father." Getting my pyjamas out, I said that was ok. "How is the wedding planning going?" She said it was going well. "I've decided on red for the bridesmaid dresses. Then, I'm hoping to have your opinion on your dress and then Paige can look at hers. I smiled. "That sounds amazing. Could Jason be my date please?" Mom said that I didn't have to ask her. "You're seeing him. It'll be nice to have him, Allison and Blake there.' Ariel looked through her wardrobe to see what she could wear. 'I actually have a question for you.' I turned to look at her. 'Would you like to be one of my bridesmaids?' She grinned. 'Really?' I nodded my head. 'I'd love to. Thanks Mom.' Hearing the boys giggle, Paige was getting her pyjamas out. 'Hey sweetie.' She smiled at me. 'I wanted to ask you a question.' She then stopped. 'Would you like to be a bridesmaid for our wedding along with your aunties and sister?' She ran over and hugged me. 'I'd love that Mommy. Thankyou!' Both of my daughters were happy. Caleb and Elliot went into his bedroom. Before heading in there, I texted the ladies.

I have a surprise for you all. Are you all available tomorrow evening?x

I got replies instantly..

Pheobe:

I am. I have a scan in the morning and I'll be sorting things out in the afternoon, but apart from that i'm free. What time were you thinking? I'm intrigued....

Nina:

ooooo... What do you have to tell us?! I'm free by the way. xoxo

Amanda:

I bet that you're pregnant again.. lool. I'm free then too. I also have something to tell you ladies! xx

Alex:

I have my therapy session in the morning, and I might take a walk out with the boys, but I'm free then too. I'm in. xx

Faye:

Hey! Ooo.. I have my date with Adam, but keep me informed. xx

Giggling, I heard rocket noises. My boys were so sweet. My friends were hilarious as well. Taking a shower, I let the water run over my body.

(Alex's P.O.V)

I had booked an appointment with my therapist for tomorrow. Chris was sleeping. After doing my skincare, I closed the bathroom door. Having a good cry, I just screamed.. I hadn't done that since having Zack and Tyler. They were both at my mom's house. I felt drained. I felt sick. Mom had called me a few days ago.

A few days ago..

Hearing my phone, I just took a deep breath. It was mom. I couldn't stop crying. Chris had grabbed me. I was planning to up and leave with the boys. We had a big argument beforehand. He got physically violent with me. Answering the call, Mom said how relieved she was. It just kept going to my answerphone. 'Alex. Are you and the boys ok?' I just cried. 'Aw sweetheart. I'm worried for you. For the safety of my grandchildren. Where is he?' Taking a deep breath, I said that he was in the living room. 'He.. grabbed.. me. Mom, my arm is extremely sore.' My mom wasn't having any of it. 'Even if I have to come around the back and get you and the boys in the car myself, I will. He shouldn't be acting like this. At all. 'The boys are fine Mom.' Hearing Zack knock on the kitchen door, I opened it. 'Mom. Is that Grandma on the phone?' I hugged him as he cried. 'Yes sweetheart.' I asked mom if she could come and pick us up. 'Yes of course. I will text you when i'm outside.' I told her that I loved her. 'I love you three too.' After ending the call, Zack asked me what was going to happen next. 'Do you have your backpack?' He said yes. 'Go upstairs quietly and pack everything you have. Tell your brother to do the same.' Seeing him head back out into the hallway, I got some headache tablets out. Taking two, I headed upstairs quietly..

Getting my suitcase, I packed everything I could. 'ALEX!' Putting my coat on, the boys said that they were ready. 'Come on. Remember that I love you both so much.' I kissed both of their foreheads. 'Does Dad loves us too?' Tyler wiped away a tear. 'He does bro. His behavior just isn't right at the moment.' Tyler hugged him. Stepping out of the front door , we ran over to Mom's car. 'Alex! Alex! Where the fuck do you think your'e going with our sons?!' Hearing his fists banging on the window, Mom just drove.. Holding my boys, I just reassured them. 'Everything is going to be ok. Mom loves you.'

End of flashback..

Washing my face, I just thought about my 12 year old and my 14 year old. The fact that their father has made promises and broken them makes me sick to my stomach. This is like broken love. He doesn't love me at all. Getting the blanket and pillow, I went into the spare bedroom. He didn't even wake up. He was sparked out. I couldn't keep doing this. I was going to tell my therapist everything. Giving my mom a quick call, she asked how I was feeling. 'I'm fine.' My mom asked me again. 'Fine. I'm exhausted.' I asked her how the boys were. 'They want to know why you're not here.' I took a deep breath. 'I'm planning to head to therapy tomorrow and then i'll decide what to do.' Mom asked me what I was going to do. 'I am going to continue to keep the boys safe and make plans. I can't keep doing this. Once I have finished at my appoiment, I'll ring you.' Saying I loved her and the boys, she said that they loved me as well. 'Sleep well honey.' I thanked her.