Chapter 38♡

The Marriot Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California.)

(Olivia's P.O.V)

'Can I put on my favourite party dress?' Paige asked whilst showing it to me. Tonight, Paige, Ariel, Jesse, Nina, Billie, Amanda and I were having a girl's night! Paige was the most excited, but I'm pretty sure that's because we'd be going to the boardwalk after dinner. "Well, I'm not sure if you should wear such a fancy dress if we're going to the beach later." She made a thinking face and nodded in agreement. "Ariel! Help me choose a dress please!" Paige went to unzip her suitcase to look for one. 

"Alright. I will! Just give me a second." I'm getting ready." When Ariel was finished, the two of them decided on a very simple pair of leggings with a purple top. Nina came into our room and I smiled. 'Nina! You're glowing! You look amazing.' I said that as I got up to hug her. She laughed. 'Thanks. You guys all look gorgeous.' I placed my hand on her shoulders. 'Yeah, because you're supposed to look pretty on a girl's night. You have to be fashionable." Billie told Paige as she looked over at her. "Yep! You've got to be ready on that runway!" They then modeled for us. They are both so imaginative.

The Cheesecake Factory (Santa Monica, CA 6.35PM)

(Paige's P.O.V)
We all got out of the taxi and stood in front of the restaurant. I've never been here before. What is this? "Jessie, what is this place called?" She said that it was called the Cheesecake Factory. She picked me up so that I could see the sign of the restaurant. "Oh. That's a rather strange name."

"How is it? Auntie Nina asked. "Well, it doesn't look like a factory. We learned about them in school. There's usually belts and machines. This is just a restaurant." As I looked around, Auntie Nina told me something. "It's just the name of it honey. It isn't a real factory, but they have tons of cheesecake and I know that you love that!" I jumped up and down on the spot excitedly. I love dessert. "Sometimes mommy doesn't let me have lots of desserts because I get hyper, but I'm not sure about that!" I laughed. "Table for 7 please." Mom told the worker. We were then sat at a big round table. There was salad and breadsticks on the table and we all sat down and began to talk. "Ariel? Did you have a great birthday?" Amanda asked her as we got drinks. "I did. It was wonderful. Elliot and Olivia gave me the best surprise ever. Adoption papers." Auntie Amanda gasped. "That's so sweet." She thanked her. "Billie. Let's go and play tic tac toe with me!" Listening to adult stuff is boring.

"Excuse me. Mommy?" I looked at her. "On girls night, are you supposed to talk about boys?" I asked. Looking curiously at her, she laughed. Auntie Amanda tickled me and then I couldn't stop giggling. "Not until you're our age!" Mom ate some more food. "That's fine. Boys have cooties anyway." Jessie pointed out. She was so right!🤣 "No they don't. And you guys are only saying that to be immature." My sister told us. "And you're only saying that because Brett is handsome!" Ariel's cheeks turned red and everyone at the table laughed. "It's ok Ariel. There's nothing wrong with that." Auntie Nina said. "Speaking of the boys, do you know what I wonder?" I giggled. "What?" Auntie Amanda asked. "What the boys are doing right now."

Santa Monica Pier (8.02pm)

(Ariel's P.O.V)
After our dinner, we walked down to the pier. The restaurant was super close so we didn't have to walk too far. "Woah. This is even prettier in real life." The amusement park was vibrant. There were people eating cotton candy, playing games and getting their faces painted. I took several photos with my phone. I just couldn't help it. "I think we should all split up." Mom suggested the idea. "I agree. I'll take Jessie, Billie and Paige." Auntie Amanda offered. "We're gonna go on all the rides! I'm excited!" Jessie said. Nina and Mom couldn't go on any rides so I guess that's why I'm with them. I just really wanted to go on the Ferris wheel and go to the arcade. The roller coasters didn't seem too entertaining. They seemed more geared towards younger kids.

"Alright! See you guys later!" Me and mom made our way over with Nina to the wheel. "Bye!" My little sister gave us all hugs before going off with Auntie Amanda. "So Ariel, where do you wanna go first?" Mom asked me. Part of me wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, but I think the best should be saved until last. "How about we go to the arcade?" On the way to the arcade, I talked to my mom and Nina about some things. "I've been feeling pretty happy lately. I go to school, talk to my friends, learn a bit along the way and then come home." I said with a smile. Nina tapped my shoulder. "A bit?!" I kinda blushed. "Well, sometimes I daydream so I don't absorb all of my lessons. I daydream about Brett.. sometimes!"😛🥰 "About what?!" I shut up as soon as Mom clocked on what I was trying to tell Nina.

"You fine ladies are looking beautiful tonight! Would you care to play a round of Beach Bash for a chance to win a stuffed panda?!" A guy at a colourful stand said to us. "Aw! They all look really cute! Maybe we could bring one back for Paige." Mom nodded. "She would love one! We'd all like to play please!" Nina said. The three of us were then handed 3 beanbags. The point of the game was to knock down the stack of blocks within three tries. "I bet you can do it mom!" She raised her eyebrows. "Well, let's see about that Nina. You think I'm going to beat you today?" They were acting like children. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Alright! Begin!" I threw my first beanbag. Oh God. I missed. Mom missed too. Nina managed to hit one block. "Alright guys, you ready?" They both nodded. 'Yep!' I threw my second beanbag and I missed. Again?! My mom and Nina managed to hit it and they chose a panda off the rack. 'You can do it Ari!' I studied the blocks. Come on! Come on! It shouldn't be that hard. I closed my eyes as I threw the last shot. When I opened them, the guy handed me a panda. That was awesome! After playing a range of games, the three of us went on to the Ferris Wheel. The view was amazing to look at. I could see the California Coastline and the bustling city of Los Angeles. It was just as dreamy as everyone said it was. My phone pinged. I blushed. 

I know that you guys said that you were having a girl's night. What are you doing?

I smiled at my phone and continued to look at the view. 'I know that look. Mom said whilst smiling. Nina agreed. 'That dreamy look. The look of excitement in your eyes when they talk to you. I know it.' Mom looked at me. 'You really like Brett don't you? Nina asked me. 'Yeah. I do.' I saw Mom smile. 'I'm glad that he makes you happy. I just want you to remember that no matter how much you like someone, you shouldn't let them sway your way of thinking, or let them force you to do things that you don't like. Because that's unhealthy.' I kissed Mom's cheek and hugged Nina. 'I got it. Thanks guys.' The rest of the night was great. We then found Amanda and the girls. 'This is for you Paigey!' She squealed when I handed the panda to her. 'Thanks Ari!!!!' Jessie and Billie had sweets. We all shared them as we made our way back to the hotel. 

Authors note: This amazing section was written by @DayyyFanyyy! She's so brilliant at writing. Thankyou again. The next chapter will be the boy's night!! I am also very grateful for all the continued love on my book. I really appreciate it.