Chapter 42♡

(Olivia's P.O.V)

Going home was bittersweet. I had a brilliant time away. But the upside of this trip was that I was actually engaged to the love of my life. After saying yes to him. "Let's go inside before Mom and Dad get all mushy again!" Paige grimaced as Ariel rang Brett. I then texted the girls and the guys.

Amanda:

The vacation was great. It was so nice to see you all. The girls loved it. I'll see you at work tomorrow. 😊

Nina:

The vacation was amazing. I just loved spending time with everyone. Being with friends is lovely. See you soon. Xx

Once we got in, the girls ran upstairs. "It seems like they are happy to be home." Elliot kissed me. "Am I really your fiancé?" He kissed me. 'Yes you are." He touched my bump. "Not long until we meet you mate." I smiled. My stomach then rumbled. "I'll go and make something to eat. Elliot took the bags upstairs. Going into the kitchen, I found a can of soup. I only fancied something light. Going back to work would be great. I had been clean for about 5 months. The only thing that I knew was that I had to figure out why I was straching my finger at night.. was it a trigger for the nightmares that I had been having? Eating my soup, I felt my little boy kick. "Mommy will figure out what she needs to do. Your two sisters are so ready to meet you. I'm your mommy. Your daddy and I will protect you. Just like your sisters." After I had something to eat, I saw a text from Barba.

I'm glad that you're doing well. I'm so proud of my goddaughters. They are amazing. See you soon. Xx

We were back at work tomorrow. I was instructed to not go out any cases. It frustrated me.. but Cragen had informed Finn. And Finn was pretty strict.😂 going upstairs,  I looked at his bedroom. It was so sweet. Me and Elliot had decided on a blue colour for the walls. Seeing all of his stuff, I decided to take a look. There were lots of clothes. We already had a little scrapbook with pictures ready to put in to it. The girls came up with the idea.

"Mom." Looking at Ariel, I asked her what was up. "I had this idea. How about we get a scrapbook? I used to have one in my old room." Ariel then hugged me. "I'm sorry." I stroked her hair.. "for what sweet girl?" She said that she didn't want to remember her old bedroom. "It's where Dawson.." I could see her eyes start to water. "Shh.. shhh.. Ariel. Breathe." She slowly then calmed down. 'This scrapbook sounds like such a good idea. I think Paige will love this idea as well.

"Mom!" Paige called me. "Yes sweetheart?" I saw her opening her wardrobe. "Could you help me pick an outfit for tomorrow please?" I gladly helped her. "I can't wait to see Cece tomorrow. Her mom is super nice." I loved moments like this with her. "How about this dress with your slip on shoes?" She smiled. "I love it Mommy! Can we also plait my hair?" I hugged her. "Of course." Sje then yawned. "Let's give you a quick shower and then have to get to bed." She agreed with me. Going into the bathroom, I heard Ariel on the phone.

"Yeah. I missed you as well. You wanna see me tomorrow? Oh, tell me!" She sounded so happy." She then saw me standing near her bedroom door. "I'll text you tomorrow. See ya." She smiled at me. 'It's strange being at home again Mom." I said that it was as well.

"But, things seem to be looking up. I'm engaged to your dad." She hugged me. "I'm happy for you two." I asked her about Brett. "He's alright. He wants to see me tomorrow. Maybe it could be our first date night?" I squealed. "That's so lovely. If you need any advice, just ask me honey. Don't feel afraid." She agreed. "MOMMY!!! I'M READY!" We both laughed. "At least we know who the loud one is!" I then went to bathe Paige. "Hello you monkey." Washing her face, she spoke about going to Cece's. "We love making things together Mommy. She likes the colour purple and I love the colour pink!" I giggled as she continued to wash herself.