Chapter 26♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

Getting a glass of water, I thought about school. It was going well so far. I loved art very much. It was therapeutic. Drinking my water, I thought about my next counselling session. This time, Olivia would be coming in with me. I would share the goals that I had decided to stick with. Going back to my bedroom, I tried to get back to sleep. I heard my little sister. "Ari.." Going to see to her, she cried a bit. "Me had nightmare." Picking her up, she nuzzled into me like she was a little baby again. Taking her back to her bedroom, I laid down with her. "Who was that boy?" Pretending to not know what she was talking about, I snuggled into her. "Tell me a story please." Starting to tell it, she giggled as I described each character. "The Prince took the Princess for lovely walk in the woods.. they then decided to have a sweet picnic in the patch of grass." I saw her eyes slowly closing.. she looked so sweet as she was sleeping. Snuggling her for a bit, I checked my phone. Charlie had texted again..

Look. I just want to talk Ariel. I miss you.

He missed me? Texting him back, I tried not to wake up Paige. I heard someone moving.. it sounded like Elliot. Texting Charlie back quickly, I slowly opened my bedroom door. Getting back into bed, I quickly texted him back.

You got me in so much trouble Charlie. My parents busted me at your party! I can't see you. I'm sorry. What are you doing up so late anyway?😜 I needed to go back to sleep. The party was so fun. Putting my phone on the beside table, I tried to get to sleep. I felt butterflies swarming in my stomach. I couldn't like him could I? He's one of my best friends. Olivia and Elliot already hated him. How would I be able to even hang out with him? It was nearly 5am when I fell asleep. Luckily, it was the weekend so that's cool. As I sat up, I saw another text from Zara.

I'm free today if you wanna hang out? That would be awesome. "Daddy!' Paige ran to their bedroom. "Morning munchkin." Elliot then knocked on my bedroom door. 'Morning. You ok?" Nodding my head, we went downstairs to make breakfast. "I would like porridge please Daddy." She was so polite. It was cute. "Ok Paigey. What would you like Ariel?" He took things out. "Some toast please." He then asked me about what my plans were for today. "Well, I'm planning to meet my friend Zara if that's ok?" Elliot gave Paige her breakfast. Raising his eyebrows, he asked me where I was going. "Don't you trust me?" I took a deep breath. I had to remember my goals from my session with Claire. "We want to trust you sweetie. Just be careful." As I ate my breakfast, he filled me on the plans for tonight. "I'm taking her upstate. It'll be nice for her." We continued to eat breakfast as she came in. "Morning my lovelies." Kissing Paigey on the forehead, she made some coffee. "What were you two talking about?" Laughing, she sat down. "Nothing. Olivia?" Looking at me, she asked what was up. "Is it ok if I meet my friend today?" She seemed ok with it. "Just be back by 5pm. Barba is coming at 6.30pm." Paige clapped her hands. "Yeah! Uncle Barba. Could I make him a picture Mommy?" Saying yes, she finished her food. "Let's get dressed." Paigey went with Elliot as Olivia cleaned up. "Why are you so keen on going out anyway?"

I could either lie or tell her the truth. "Urm.. Zara wanted to hang out." She looked at me. "Where?" She didn't say.. "Urm, at Eddie's? You know, the diner." Olivia said it was OK for me to meet her. "If you feel like you are in any danger, call me." Going to get ready, I opened my wardrobe. Deciding on what to wear, I took out my green checked shirt with my ripped jeans. Getting in the shower, I thought about seeing one of my best friends again. We had so much to catch up on. I felt good about it. I just had to stick to my therapy goals. After using some facial wash, I decided to wash my body. After my shower, I got dressed. I had some make up. I didn't it wear it that often.. but because I was seeing Charlie again.. I decided to make the effort. Olivia just knew that I was meeting up with Zara.