Chapter 121♡

Author's Note: I'd just like to do a shoutout for DayyyFanyyy, McKe5nzie, and SusanBenson2812! You're all incredible writers and I love your stories.💛

(Ariel's P.O.V)

I couldn't sleep. I had my first art therapy session tomorrow morning. I felt cold so I pulled the blanket around me a little more. I missed my family, my boyfriend and my best friend. I thought about the way Dad was being towards me before I stormed off..

"So, are you going to let me go or not?" Mom was sat in the car as Dad stood in front of me. "Ariel. You just need to calm down sweetie. Look, you're scaring your brother and sister." I laughed. "You're so stupid. Let me just go and get my stuff." He tried to restrain me.. "Ari! Calm down!" I scratched his cheek. "Ow!" My fingers were sore. Mom got out of the car. Walking over to me across the road, she looked at me. "Elliot. Are you ok?" He nodded. "Right, young lady! You know that's wrong to do that! Ariel.. what is up with you? Why are you feeling the need to act out?' Looking at mom, I just didn't say anything. "Is it because of Charley? Ari.. are you being bullied?' I just burst into tears. "It never stops. Just because I've been hurt doesn't give her the excuse to bother me.' Mom tried to hug me.. but I backed away. "Just leave me alone." As I walked down the road, I got on the subway. I heard my phone buzz. It was Ria. I called her back. "Hey. No. I'm on the subway." I told her everything. "I know it was wrong.. but I just wanted to get away. Charley is always going to dislike me. I just want my mom. I don't wanna talk to Dad." Ria said that I could go to her house. "Thanks. See you soon.' As I ended the call, I stopped off at the shop. A text came through from Jason.

Hey Ari,

I'm worried about you. Call me.💛

Dialling his number, I walked across the road. "Hey. I'm not ok. I've not used. I just needed some space. My urges are quite strong now.. but I'm trying not to give in to them." Jason said that he was relieved that I hadn't used. "I'm glad that you're ok. I miss you." I missed him as well. "Did you want me to meet you at Ria's house?" I said no. "I'd just like some time to think. Thanks for ringing me though." He said that I was strong. "You've got this babe." He was so understanding. "Hey Ariel." As Ria let me in, she hugged me. "I just needed to get out of our apartment. Asking if I wanted a drink, I said yes. "Just a glass of water please." As she got that, she asked me how I felt. "Well, Charley flaunts everything. She's not all that Ari. She's not worth it." Taking some deep breaths, I took out my phone. Calling Mom, she answered. "Hi Mom. Yes, I'm fine. Could you come and collect me from Ria's house please?" Mom said yes. "I'll be there soon sweetheart. I love you."

End of flashback...

I ended up sitting up for a bit. Looking out of the window, I saw a lovely night sky. Just letting myself breathe, I cried a bit. Dad didn't have to be so.. invasive. I needed space. Mom gave me that.. but he didn't. I feel like he's constantly watching what I'm doing or he's just there in my face every 5 minutes. It's frustrating.. that's why in my first art therapy session tomorrow, I was going to tell the team that I'd rather not have dad visit me. I'd just like to see Mom. Heading back off to sleep, I just let myself relax.

(Olivia's P.O.V)

After having a quick shower, I heard Paige talking to Elliot. "So, Mommy will love her surprise. Thanks for a great day Daddy." She was sweet. As he walked into our bedroom, I put on my nightshirt. He placed his arms around my waist. "I miss Ariel babe." He kissed me. "I do too. She's in a good place. I'm sure we'll see her soon." Asking him if he'd rang the rehab facility, he said that he forgot. "Oh Ell.. she's going to think that we don't care." She took my hands off her waist. "She's ill babe. She needs to know that we are still here." How could he actually say that? He told me that he'd called the facility.

Things like this frustrated me. I know he didn't mean it. Watching our 1 year old sleep, I looked at him. Why couldn't he be honest? Was I overreacting? Maybe I was a bit. "Liv?" Hearing his voice, he walked into Caleb's bedroom. "I'm sorry. I just don't know how to deal with her being away right now." I felt torn.. our children vs him. Ariel needed me. Ariel's mental health and wellbeing mattered right now.

"I'm just gonna go to bed. Feel free to sleep on the couch." Shutting the bedroom door, I tried to sleep. He knocked on the door. "You'll wake the kids Elliot. Please.." I got a blanket and went into the living room. Hopefully things would be ok in the morning. I was stupid.

I did love our eldest daughter a lot. I had to apologize to Olivia. Paige and Caleb couldn't be affected by the bad energy again. Trying not to cry, I just laid awake.

"Can we talk?" Ariel was trying to draw.. we'd argued about her being out so late last night. "What about?" She was sketching.. "About how you acted last night." She continued to scribble. "I was out with Ria. We were at the park chilling out. Is that a crime?" I looked at her. "No. It's not. It's just that I feel like we don't spend enough time together." She scoffed. "All you do is watch over me. I can't do anything. I'm also trying to be sober." I explained to her that raising her voice wasn't acceptable. "Sweetheart. You can't talk to me like that. You can't break any rules either. We want you to have friends and soicalize, but me and your mom want you to be safe."  She huffed. "Mom lets me have my freedom. You just control me. I'm sick of it!' She put her pencils away and stared out of the bedroom window. 'I raised my voice because I feel  suffocated by you dad.' I admitted that I am overprotective. 'I am sorry. I know your'e trying your hardest to be sober. You've been in your bedroom more than ever.' She turned and looked at me. 'I'd like you to just leave me alone.' I touched her shoulder. Leaving her bedroom, I heard her crying. 

End of Flashback...  

Getting some coffee, I thought about how I could fix things. Paige was more aware that her older sister was poorly and Caleb was missing her. Placing the blanket over my body, I had an idea. I was going to send Ariel a letter explaining everything.  

Authours note: I'd also like to say a HUGE happy birthday to my bestie DayyyFanyyy! I still can't believe it's been a year since you commented on my story and then we practically became besties!!! You are a really good writer and a fab friend. I hope you have a wonderful day as you deserve it. 

Lauren x