Chapter 110♡

Author's Note: Some sections were written by @DayyyFanyyy! She is honestly such a brilliant friend and a incredible writer. If you haven't read her books yet, go and read them! You won't regret it.

(Jason's P.O.V)

It had been a minute since I had seen Ariel. I know that I saw her last night, but she just ran on my mind again. I wonder how she's doing. I didn't really text her much as she had been on her vacation during the holidays too.  Since she probably wanted to tan on the beach and take selfies rather than talk to me right? I'd been walking aimlessly for the past 45 minutes and for the first time in a while, I looked up and I saw 57th Street. Doesn't Ariel live here? I paused and stood in front of the random building. I hope these security guards don't think i'm weird or anything. I shot Ariel a text letting her know that I was near her house. 

(Ariel's P.O.V)

I was still doing some unpacking from our vacation. It was only for three days, but I packed a lot. You never know when you'll need a particular item of clothing right? 'Ari?' Paige popped her head around my bedroom door. 'Can we play unicorns together?' Huffing, I continued to unpack my stuff. 'In a second. I'm still sorting out my stuff.' Paige looked sad. 'You're always unpacking. You're really boring.' And you're really annoying. I thought. She left swiftly, I felt a vibration in my pocket. 

Hey. I was running an errand and I realized that I was near your house. Would you like to hang out?

I threw my phone down out of shock and cringed. He's nearby?! I mean.. I wanted to spend time with him, but this was out of nowhere. 

Replying back to him, I tried not to panic. 

Sure! Buzz my apartment number and I'll let you up.

I just have to get ready. I rushed to put away the remaining items of clothing and I threw on a graphic baby t shirt with some shorts. I couldn't do much with my hair other then put it up in a messy bun. He's probably going to think that I can't take care of myself. I spritzed some saltwater taffy mist on my hair and looked for some shoes. I heard a knock at the door. I completely forgot that my family were at home! 'Who's at the door?' Mom asked. 'I'm not sure. Let me see!' I heard Dad say. I tried to rush downstairs.  'No! Wait! I'll get it!' I was too late.. Dad opened the door for Jason. 'Good afternoon Mr Stabler. I'm Ariel's friend Jason. Is she here?' Silence.. 'Ason!' Caleb said excitedly, bobbing up and down. 'Ari's friend... can you prove that?' He was SO embarrassing! 'Dad! please stop.' Paige had lowered down My Little Pony on the tv so that she could laugh at the moment in my life. 'You're being like really weird Daddy. Like, cringy.' Mom then told him off. 'Elliot! Stop patronizing Ariel's friend. Come on in. I'm sure she's..' I walked down the stairs.  'Right here.' I finished. 'I'm so sorry about that Jason.' He blushed. 'That's ok. I get it.' I was embarrassed. I didn't know what else to do. 'Is it ok if Jason and I go outside and hangout?' Dad looked at Mom. 'And do what?' Mom swatted Dad and she smiled. 'Of course! Be back in dinner!' She took out 40 dollars out of her purse and she handed it to me. 'Have fun!' As we headed to the elevator, Jason couldn't stop laughing. 'This isn't funny!' I said whilst hitting him playfully. 'But.. it was!' I felt my cheeks turn red. 'Is your dad always like that?' I said yes. 'Unfortunately. He means well though.' He kept giggling. 'Stop it!' I joked. I felt slightly nervous as we left the building, but nevertheless, I felt happy and free. 

We walked along the pavement. I liked him a lot. He knew that from the other day. 'Your brother and sister are adorable. 'Thanks.' We passed a ice cream shop. 'Did you wanna go in?' I nodded. 'What flavor would you like?' I was stuck between cookie dough and strawberry. 'Erm, I'll have strawberry.' Paying for it, he asked me if I was thinking about new ideas regarding art club. 'Well, yes actually.' I mentioned that I would like to do a family portrait. As a waiter brought our orders, I enjoyed my ice cream. 'That would look lovely. My mom actually seems a lot better since your mom spoke to her.' I really liked it when he smiled. 'She's got a long way to go, but i'm sure my dad won't be around much longer.' I asked him if she had arranged to go for a kit. 'Urm, she will do.' He reached for my hand. 'I could ask my mom if she could go with her to the hospital.' He said that he would really appreciate that. 'How's Blake doing?' My crush said that he was good. 'He loved meeting Paige the other day. And he's alright thanks. He loves soccer. We usually play at the park near our apartment. He also loves board games.' I cooed at the thought of Blake. 'He's a good kid. I love being his older brother.' He stole a strawberry from my ice cream. 'Hey!' As he giggled, he stared at me. 'You're so beautiful.' I blushed. 'Why thankyou.' Once we had finished, we made our way to the park. He took my hand as we walked.. I had no idea where this was going, but I knew that I liked him a lot. As we sat down on a bench, we saw a guy playing guitar. 'That sounds awesome.' Jason was so lovely, kind, understanding and sweet. 

I heard my phone. It was my mom. 'Hey. Yep. It's been great. Aw awesome. So, that means our uncles will be babysitting tomorrow night then?' She said yes. 'Great. You deserve a night off. I'll be back soon. Love you too.' Jason cooed. "The relationship you have with your mom is so cute. I love it." I kissed his cheek. "So, are you looking forward to finding a suit with Jared tomorrow?" He said yes. "I'm excited to take you to our dance." Telling him the ideas that me and Ria had, he listened. "That sounds amazing. The starry theme would look beautiful." We stopped mid-walk. "I just want you to know that I really like you. I just want you to feel comfortable around me." I reassured him. "I do feel comfortable around you. Therapy is going well. I've been sober for 7 months now." He congratulated me. "Babe, that's amazing." I blushed. "How about we take a walk around the park and then we can buy something on the way home?' I squeezed his hand. "That sounds great."

Heading into a cute jewellery store, we looked at some rings and bracelets. I saw a really cute one which had star charms on it. It was very pretty. Taking a picture of it, I heard my phone. I saw another text from an unknown number..

Just hurt yourself. He doesn't even like you.

Letting a tear drop down my cheek, I went to find Jason. "Hey. Hey. What's wrong Ari?" I really wanted to relapse. Like, who was texting me? "Hey.. hey.. breathe." I tried to just remember Claire's voice in my head. Taking 5 deep breaths, we left the shop. As we sat outside, Jason asked what was going on. "I keep recieving texts from an unknown number." He asked me if someone had been bullying me or something. "No.. I just keep getting texts." He asked me if it was someone at school. "I think it might be." As we made our way back to the apartment, I felt like I needed a ciagrette. You've been sober for about 7 months now Ari. Tell Mom and Dad what's going on.

As we got to the apartment, I opened the front door. "Hey sweetheart. Did you two enjoy yourselves?" Mom smiled at me. "Yeah. It was fun." I asked her if we could talk. "Of course." Jason then hugged me. "Thanks for today. I'll see you on Monday." He blushed as he left. "See you soon." As I put my bag on the stairs, I saw my siblings asleep in the living room. "They needed a nap after all their home activities." As I sat at the kitchen table, Mom asked what was up. "I've been receiving texts from an unknown numbers. One said to hurt myself and that Jason doesn't even like me." Mom took my hand. "Did you feel your urges come rushing back?" I cried as I nodded. "I nearly told Jason that I had to run off somewhere." Mom hugged me. "I know what that means honey." That meant that I wanted to find a contact to get my fix. Continuing to cry, I told Mom that Jason helped me with one of my techniques from therapy. "I took 5 deep breaths." She stroked her hand through my hair. "That's brilliant honey." She suggested maybe heading into school to have a chat with my teacher and mentor tomorrow. "That would really help. I love you." Asking what Dad was, she said that he was upstairs showering. "He's been pretty tired today. Him and Caleb were just playing with all of his toys." I cooed at the thought of them having fun. "Paige just watched tv and coloured in." She told me about taking Caleb into nursery tomorrow. "It'll be nice to just spend some quality time with him. And I'd love to take Paige to cheerleading practice tomorrow." Kissing my forehead, she said that she loved me. "Jason also asked me to the formal dance as well!" Mom squealed. "That's so nice.  Aw, how sweet. Have you got pictures of what dress you'd like to wear?" I showed her the dress. "Wow.. this is beautiful Ari. I love it."

Mom then told me something very important. "Make sure you do what you makes you happy. We'll talk to your mentor and tutor tomorrow." Heading upstairs, Mom took Paige and Caleb upstairs. Giving them kisses, I popped my head into the bathroom.. Dad was cleaning his teeth. "Hi sweetie. Did you enjoy your afternoon with Jason?" I nodded. "Yes. I did." He kissed my cheek. "I love you sweetheart." I said that I loved him too.

As I prepped for a shower, I heard my phone. It was Ria.

Hi! I hope your afternoon with Jason was sweet! Jared and I have been texting all day! I think he likes me.💜

Texting her back, I took my medication. Hopefully, that would stablize my urges.

Hey. My afternoon was great. Jason said he's going suit shopping with Jared tomorrow. I showed my mom the picture of the dress. She loved it!💜

As I put my pyjamas on, a text from Jason popped up.

I miss you already..❤❤❤❤x

Texting him back, my stomach filled up with butterflies.

I miss you too. Thanks for this afternoon. I really appreicated you calming me down. I've taken my medication to stabilise my urges. I'll see you at some point tomorrow.😊xx

It was difficult wanting to stay sober when my thoughts were intrusive.. but I was going to keep talking. That was important.