Chapter 116♡

(Olivia's P.O.V)

Waking up, I heard Caleb coughing again. Poor little baby. "Morning Elliot." My man turned to look at me. "Caleb has been coughing all night. I've got my appointment with him this morning. Will you be taking Paige to the precint?" He nodded sleepily.. Hearing his phone go off, he sat up. "It's Mom.' As I went to check on Caleb, he rang her back. "Ahhh Caleb." He pointed to his chest. "Urts Mommy." As I picked him up, I held him close. Cuddling him, I comforted him. Getting his clothes out, he seemed really quiet. "Momma loves you." He seemed tired as well. As I heard the girls get up, Caleb yawned. "Come on baby." I was going to ring the nursery to say that he wasn't coming in today. "Morning Mommy." Paigey popped her head through the door. "Hi sweetie." She rubbed Caleb's cheek. "Are you ok baby bro?" He whimpered. "Would you like to go and get ready Paige? I'll be in the bathroom soon." As she went to her bedroom, I snuggled my boy. "Mommy will figure out what's wrong." As I swayed him from side to side, his finger locked with mine. All our children were close with us. Once he was settled, I went to give him a quick wash. Knocking on Ariel's bedroom door, I heard her get up. "Morning Mom." Stroking her hair, I asked her if she was ok. "I'm alright." Looking at her, she looked away. "I'd rather write it down instead Mom." I nodded. "I'll read it later." Looking at Caleb, she asked if he was ok. "He's not. I'm taking him to the doctors. Then, Paige is with me for the day." Getting her stuff out, I left her to it.

As I got Caleb ready, he kept whimpering. "Not long sweetie. Shh... shhh.." Texting Finn, I let him know that I would be in work a bit later. Elliot then knocked on the bathroom door. "I'll finish him off. Go and get ready, have some breakfast and breathe Liv." I was thankful for him. As I went to get ready, I popped downstairs. Kissing Paige's forehead, she looked pretty in her outfit. "You look lovely sweetie." She thanked me. "I'm excited to see what you and Daddy do today Mommy." She giggled. "Have you put everything in your backpack?" She nodded. "Yep. My folder is in there too." As she finished, she went to clean her teeth.

(Ariel's P.O.V)

I didn't feel like I was in the mood to even go into school today. Those texts had been in my mind all night. I felt uneasy. My urges were quite strong as well. I'd just not told Mom or Dad. They had Caleb to worry about. As I got in the shower, Dad asked if I was alright. "Not really." Dad then placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you having urges again?" I felt trapped. "Yes." I walked past him. Turning on the shower, I tried not to think. I'm not going to lie, I was craving drugs. 7 months of soberity was hanging over my head. I wanted to get smashed. Get high. I bet it was Charley. She had been off with me for a while. Once I had showered, I got myself ready.

Deciding what to wear, I took out my boots, black top, my shorts with my patterned cardigan.

Then, I put my hair up in a bun. Heading downstairs, Mom kissed my forehead. "Your dad told me how you're feeling. Here's your medication." I didn't even feel like taking it. Charley just needed to LEAVE ME ALONE! 'Thanks.. but no thanks." Mom asked if I was sober. "Yes I am. But, I could honestly do with some stuff right now." Mom touched my shoulder. "Ariel. 7 months. Talk to me.  Sweetie, who's taunting you?" I got some toast. Heading out to the car,  Mom called after me. "Ariel!" As she followed me, she strapped Caleb in his carseat. He'd fell asleep. "Mom.. I'll just write in my journal. I want my stuff. Let me go and get it." Mom was concerned.

"Ariel. Look at me." Looking at her, she asked me who was texting me. "I think it's Charley. I just want a line. Ciagrettes. Anything. Mom..." She held me. "Just breathe baby.. breathe." My anger intensified.. "I'll go and see Jack. He'll get me something. I'm not going to school!" Getting my backpack, I ran off down the street. "ARIEL! COME BACK!" I blocked Mom's voice out.

As she drove near to where I was walking, I ignored her. "Just leave it. You can't stop me." She said that she would be at the school in about an hour. Paige said bye to her big sister. "I love you Ari." She turned to look at her. "I love you too Paige."