Chapter 79♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

"Dad.." He held me as we sat in the car. I felt really tired. "I'm here honey. Shh.. go back to sleep." As mom drove home, all I could think of was what I said to him. "I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. Mom looked at us.. Maybe I needed this time away with my family. Hearing my phone, it was Jason.

Hi. I hope that you're doing well. It was nice to meet you the other day. I just thought I would text you.😊

He was sweet. As we got home, I went inside as my parents followed me. "I'm gonna go and shower." As I headed upstairs, I heard my siblings. "Momma!" Caleb crawled towards Dad. "Is Ariel ok Mommy?" They reassured them. I didn't want them to see me this upset. As I took out some night clothes, I texted Jason back. 

Hey. I'm ok. Not great.. but I'll be fine. It was nice to meet you too. Thanks for the message. 

As I turned the shower on, I stepped in. Feeling the warm water on my face, I started to relax. I had to ring Ria as well. I feel as though I have neglected our friendship. Staying at her house the other night was awesome though. She really helped me forget Brett and stuff. I heard a knock on the bathroom door. 'Come in.' It was Caleb. 'Oh hey you.. aren't you supposed to be in bed?' As I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around my body. 'Momma?' Picking him up, I saw my little sister sat on the stairs. 'Ari!' She hugged me. Now I was worried. 'I think mommy and daddy are arguing.' As I took them both into my bedroom, I got dressed quickly. 'Stay in here sis.' Caleb reached for me. Going downstairs quietly, I heard raised voices. Knocking on the kitchen door, Dad looked at me. 'Ari.. how long have you been down here?' I said not long. 'Momma..' Mom took Caleb. 'Whatever this was, I don't want to hear it. Was it about Mom wanting to leave again?' As she tried to comfort Caleb, Mom told me to sit down. 'We just had a minor disagreement. That's all.' Caleb then cried a bit. 'I don't need any tension around me right now.' She hugged me. Dad then left the kitchen. 'Elliot!' Paige then saw him storm up the stairs. 'Why are you and Daddy always arguing? I'm sick of it!' Paige then stomped her feet on the ground. 'Sweetheart, Mommy and Daddy are just very angry right now.' She crossed her arms.. 

'Well, I don't like it. Ari doesn't. Caleb cries all the time. I just want it to stop Mommy.' She then hugged her as I took Caleb. 'Oh my baby girl.. I didn't know that you felt that way.' Seeing her stroke her cheeks as she was crying made me heart swell. 'Thankyou for telling me.' As she took Caleb into the living room so that he could calm down, I hugged my sister. 'I bet Daddy is really mad. Will we still go on vacation tomorrow?' I said yes. 'Let's go upstairs and I'll tuck you in.' 

(Olivia's P.O.V)

As I settled Caleb, I thought about the disagreement.. 

1 hour earlier

(Olivia's P.O.V)

'Well, she's ill.. what was I supposed to do? Let her run off with her backpack, go and find the same contact that she went to before and let her get as high as a kite?!'  Elliot brushed his hand over his face. 'She's not exactly being responsible.' He had a right nerve. What had happened to the man I loved?  What had happened to the father of my children? 'She's not helping herself Olivia.' I then explained what she had already been through. 'She was living in a home where she was constantly being abused. She's upset, she's trying to better herself. She may have made a few mistakes, but we all do. Maybe I should consider  looking after the kids myself!' Elliot then lifted his head up from the table. He looked crestfallen. 'I can't keep living in this headspace where one minute, your'e saying how much you love me, you adore our kids, you want to continue building a life together. Then in the next breath, your'e trying to find areas to argue on when it comes to them!' I was actually furious with him. 'Olivia.. look, I'm sorry. You know how much Ari, Caleb and Paige mean to me. I didn't mean to question your choices.' He then walked towards me. I stood.. looking out the window. 'I love you Olivia.' Feeling his lips on my shoulder, I didn't feel good in that moment. 'Well, maybe I'm not so sure anymore.' 

.....

Caleb was finally fast asleep. Heading upstairs, I placed him in his cot. Checking in on the girls, Paige hugged me. 'I love you Mommy.' I kissed her on the forehead. 'I love you too sweetheart.' Ariel then hugged me too. 'I hope things will be ok.' I hugged her. 'I love you Ariel. So much.' She then headed off to bed. 'See you in the morning.' As I went into our bedroom, Elliot opened his eyes. 'Look.. listen.' I stood there.. 'We both said things that we didn't mean. It was in the heat of the moment. Liv, please.. don't leave me.' He looked so sad. 'I just need some breathing space. I'll be in the spare room.' As I made way in there, I settled into bed. 

I had some choices to make. 

Author's note: This chapter is dedicated to SusanBenson2812, DayyyFanyyy and Princess_OliviaB💛