Chapter 43♡

(Paige's P.O.V)

"Daddy!!!" I opened my curtains and looked outside. It was so sunny. He knocked on my bedroom door. I went to open it. "Hey munchkin." He picked me up to hug me. "You're getting heavy baby girl." I asked him if we could make breakfast. "For Mommy?" We heard her move. "You know your mom. She likes to get ready early." We went downstairs. "Mom. Wait for me." Ariel kissed my cheek as she followed me downstairs. "Pancakes or cereal?" Me and Ariel sat down with Mom at the table as Dad got things out. "Cereal for me please." Ariel piped up. "Pancakes for me please babe." Mom and I both wanted pancakes. As Mom told us about our baby brothers bedroom and what she had sorted out, Ariel kept giggling. "Has Brett kissed you yet?!" She nearly spit out her drink!😂 "Er.. excuse me?!" Mom drank her cup of fruit juice as she tried not to giggle. "Well, not yet sis. He's trying to be sweet." As Dad brought over breakfast, we all ate together. "Are you looking forward to having your play date with Cece today honey?" Mom smiled at me. "Yep. We can't wait to chat today. And you get to meet her mommy as well. She's really kind.'

Daddy also reminded me that he wanted to take me shopping for a new dress. It was for the summer Daddy daughter dance. "I'd like to treat my little princess whilst I still can. Before we know it, she'll be all grown up like Ari." Ariel looked up. "Huh?' She continued to eat her pancake. "You're so funny sweetheart." Mom kissed my cheek. When we finished breakfast, we all went upstairs to get dressed. "I've gotta do some paperwork at the precinct today baby." Mom hugged Dad.. I just looked at them. They were very sweet together. 'That's ok honey. I'll just do some more nesting." Ariel then told me that she was meeting Brett later on. 'He's taking me out." I was very curious.😉 I wanted to know if it was a secret date or that Mom and Dad actually knew that she was meeting him. "Where are you going? Is he handsome?" I was winding her up now. "Paigeee!" She tickled me. "Look, I like those!" She picked out a small red dress. "What do you think of this?" I was a bit confused. "Isn't that a bit short?" She giggled. "Well, yes. You might be right." Hearing Mom call me, I ran to my bedroom.

"Hey sweetie. Let's get ready to head off to Cece's." I picked my outfit. It was a yellow checked dress. "That's cute!" As Mom switched on the shower, I jumped in. "Mommy is feel quite tired today.. but she's going to enjoy the day with you." As she washed my hair, I spoke about how things would change. "Our baby brother will need lots of attention. Can we buy something for him?" I turned to look at her. "Yes we can. Would it be something from just you? Ari already has her scrapbook idea." I nodded.

After my shower, we went to get ready. "Could I have a bow in my hair today and have it down please?" Mom agreed that it would look beautiful. As we got ready, we heard Dad on the phone. "Your dad seems a bit busy today." I giggled as I then heard Ariel. "I'm just texting Brett now! I'm so nervous!" When Mom brushed my hair, I went to go and get my shoes on. "Brett will love what you're wearing sweetheart. You look beautiful.' We heard the door. "I'll get it!" We heard Daddy's voice!🤣 "No dad!!" We raced after each other.

"Daddy! Please don't embarass my sister!" Daddy looked at Brett. "You must be Paige." He walked in and smiled at me. "I'm Olivia. Ariel shouldn't be too long." Daddy looked at Mommy. They were both weird. "So, Brett, what do you intend on doing with my daughter tonight?" Goodness me, I hope dad wouldn't be like that with me when I got to Ariel's age!🤣🙄

He sat down. "Sweetie. Go and get your backpack." I went to go and get it. "I intend to take her out sir. I really like her. I won't hurt her." I heard him laugh. "Elliot.. please give Brett a chance." Mommy was right. She then raised her eyebrows at him.  "Hi Brett." Ariel stood near the chair. "Hi sis. Daddy was being so cringey." She blushed. "Hi Ariel." He walked towards her. "I have a baseball bat and I'm not afraid to use it.. that is, if you hurt my daughter." He shook his hand. "DAD!" Ariel shook her head. "Come on you. See you later babe." Mommy kissed Dad as we left to go out.

(Ariel's P.O.V)

Getting my bag, I checked my make up in the mirror. I made sure my phone was in my bag too. Dad was so embarrassing! OMG! Ria and Zara had texted me. Wishing me luck for the date. "Well, see you later." I kissed Dad on the cheek. "We'll be back at 8pm sir." Brett followed me outside. "Later Dad." I apologised to him. "He's very overprotective. I feel sorry for our new sibling." We then made our way to towards the town centre. He looked really handsome. He was wearing a checked shirt with some sneakers. His hair looked nice too. "You look stunning." Getting into town, we had a walk around some shops. "So, how's things with your mom and dad?"

He said that they were good. "It's quite busy at the moment. We are redecorating. I'm looking forward to having a brand new bedroom." When he smiled, it made me smile. "Would you like some food?" I said yes. We decided to have some tacos. "I love cheese. So much." I remember him liking cheese from a young age. Knowing him for a long time had it's benefits. He was there through everything. When things went wrong with my old mom.. My nightmares. As we ate, he asked more about Liv. "She's a detective. My mom and dad investigate sex crimes." He seemed a bit shocked.

"That must be a lot of work." As we sat on the grass, I agreed. "It is. Me and Paige don't see them as much as we'd like to. But, mom is fantastic at her job. She's really resssuring. And Dad gets quite angry.. but his heart is in the right place. We all make it work." He placed his arm around me. I felt the nerves climb in my stomach.... I didn't know if I felt comfortable with him touching me. Getting up, I ran off. "ARIEL!" Running down the road, I just tried to keep running.. hoping my feet wouldn't stop. I then reached an art place. It seemed beautiful inside. Stepping inside, I sat down for a bit. Looking at some of the paintings...

(Brett's P.O.V)

"Ariel!" I was thinking that I maybe scared her or something. I know that she had been through such a rough ordeal. I just wanted to be a good guy. Take her out on a lovely date. Finding the craft shop, I saw her walking around. Watching her, I saw her eyes light up. She seemed so into art. It was lovely to see. Heading in there, she looked at me. "You don't have to say anything. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of done that. I should of thought first." She was now a bit quiet. "Paintings and crafting keeps me calm. It wasn't your fault Brett. I overreacted." She sat with me as we did some drawing. "No you didn't. You've been through something really traumatic." She nodded. "Yeah.. everything was my fault though." I took her hand. She allowed me to. "No it isn't. We don't have to talk about this. Let's focus on who's gonna paint the best hey?!" She kissed my cheek. "Let's do it!"

I'm glad that I was able to make her smile. The date was perfect. I just wanted to make sure that she was happy.

(Ariel's dress)

(Ariel's dress)

(Paige's dress♡)

(Paige's dress♡)