Chapter 27♡

(Olivia's P.O.V)

"Girls! It's time to get up." They both got up on time which was great. "Mommy! What am I doing today?" Paige ran into our bedroom. 'You, young lady are going to be going to a new place today." She seemed excited. "Morning to you." Elliot smiled at me as he sat up. "Morning gorgeous." I blushed. "Let's go and shower." As I got in first, Elliot got his clothes out. "Let's see what the precinct has to offer today." He kissed me. "Last night was incredible." As we went to shower, we heard the girls. "Paigey. Listen. I love you ok? I'll be your proper sister soon. I can't wait." I loved them both so much. As we went downstairs to make breakfast, I thought about my cycle. It still wasn't here yet. I couldn't tell Elliot yet though.

"Breakfast!" The girls came down, sat at the table. 'So, I have art therapy this morning.' Ariel was doing well so far. She was trying to be open. "That sounds great sweetheart. I hope it goes well." Paige then asked where the new place was. "It's only down the road honey." Getting their bags, we all headed out. 'It's my birthday soon!" Ariel did remind us. "I spoke to my godfather about it actually. I just want some family time." I said that could be arranged. "Right. I'm off. See you 3 later." Telling her to have a good day, I gave her a quick hug. "See you later."

As we made our way to the preschool, Paige seemed nervous. "Preschool will be good honey. You'll love it." Elliot smiled at her as we drove up outside the entrance. Getting her backpack, she cried a bit.. "Listen to me sweetie." Kneeling down to her level, I took her hand. "You'll be brave. You've got Mommy's strength. You go and be Daddy's princess ok? I love you." She squeezed me. "That's my girl." Elliot took her in. I kissed her goodbye. My first girl was growing up. Sitting in the car, I saw a text from Nina.

So, I need to tell you something.

Now, I needed to know what was going on.

Texting her back, Elliot got in the car. "All good?" Nodding my head, we made our way to the precinct.

I'll meet you for a coffee at the shop across the road this afternoon.🤗Xx

"Right. Hi Olivia and Elliot. We have a new case. It's 2 boys who have been assaulted. We have Lewis who is 12 and Adam who is 15. The mom is just distraught and their dad is most likely the one abusing them." Reading through the case files, our hearts broke for them. "Adam tried to hurt himself after the ordeal." Elliot looked through some contacts. "I've found the number for a soical worker. I'll ring her now." Ringing the mom, she started crying. "Hi. I'm Detective Benson. Is this Kelly Reader?" She said it was. "Hi. I'd like you to come to the local precinct with your sons now. We know what's happened." She thanked me. "That's ok. See you soon."

Checking on the dad's whereabouts, I found his location. "23 Staten Street!" Elliot and I made our way there. Getting in the car, we literally sped to the house. "It's NYPD! OPEN THE DOOR!" We heard noise.. the boys were shouting. "Kick down the door Liv." Kicking it down, Olivia got her gun out. Walking around the house, we saw spots of blood. "Lewis?" We heard crying.. finding him in the bedroom. With his dad laying on the floor. 'Lewis. It's ok.. it's alright." Touching his shoulder, he was very silent. "Olivia!" Going to find his brother, he was standing over the dad with a knife. "He.. abused me and my brother. My mom fell into a deep depression.." Taking the knife away, he went to sit with his brother. "We need to make this look like a break in." We needed to consult the captain first. "Let me call him." Elliot did just that as I consoled the boys. "Where's my mom?' Lewis started crying. "She's at our station. She's worried about you both. We'll take you straight there." We had to wait for Cragen to arrive first. As he stepped through the front door, he told us to take them to their mom. "I'll examine everything here."

As we took them back to the precinct, the mom saw them. "Boys!" They ran to her. My heart melted. "I'm gonna go and meet Nina. See you soon babe." He kissed me quickly. As I went to the car, my phone rang. It was Ariel. "Hi honey. How has school been so far?" I drove as she was on loudspeaker. "School is ok thanks. I've been with the art therapist all morning. It was kinda weird." I asked her why she thought it was weird. "Talking about what happened to me felt strange." I was happy that one of my daughters was ok. "You're doing so well. Just know that I love you." She said thanks. 'See you later." I went back inside. "Is.. he dead?" Sitting down with her, I said that he was. "Thank god. Thankyou." Asking if her boys were hungry, they smiled. "I'll get some cheeseburgers."

Getting some money, I looked at the time. It was 12pm. "Elliot. Go and get some food for the boys. I'm going to meet Nina." Rushing out to the coffee shop, I saw her waiting for me. "Hi!" Going to sit down, I marvelled at how much she'd grown. "You look amazing! How has the bedroom planning been going?" She told me everything. "Well, since I've been at the safe house, it's just been nice to relax." As she was still talking.. I was thinking...

(Flashback)

I can't be. This has to be a mistake. I have to get Paige and Ariel out of here. "Liv?' That was Elliot. I had to go. Getting the kid's stuff, Ariel asked me where we were going. "To Aunt Amanda's. I've called her already." Hearing Elliot, I felt fear consume inside of me. "Liv! You have to talk to me. I'm sorry. I just lashed out." My cheek was bruised. "I can't be with someone who's abusive." He had the worst temper. I knew that he had anger problems, but I never dreamed of him hurting me. Elliot begged me not to take Paige away from him. "So! Ariel isn't your daughter? We raised them both together Elliot!!! I'm leaving!" Getting my bags, Paige asked me why we were going. "We just are honey. Say bye to Daddy." She hugged him. "I'll see you soon sweetheart. Daddy loves you so much." She kissed him on the cheek.

"See you." Ariel took Paige downstairs as I got my stuff. "Liv! Please!" Taking my tablets and a bottle of alcohol, I put them in my bag. Depression filled me.

"Liv? Hello?" I shook back to reality. "Ahh sorry. What were you saying?" Nina looked at me.. "I was going to talk to you about who texted me the other day." I asked her who it was. "It was Simon. We've been talking over the past few weeks. I really like him Olivia." I giggled. "You like my brother?" She confirmed it. "You two seemed pretty cool back when we were in college. Now I understand why he was so sweet to you. Listen, if you like him, go for it. I'd love it if the two of you got together." Nina thanked me. "How's the girls?" I told her everything. "Paige is at her first day of preschool. She's growing up too fast. Ariel is trying her best at school. She's attending therapy. Life seems good." I then also told her that I needed to see my therapist again. "Things are great with Elliot.. but that one thing in my mind keeps reappearing. "Talk to your therapist and Elliot. Does he know the impact of his behaviour?" I agreed. "Yes. We now have two daughters. I took 3 tests. 2 were negative. One was positive. So yes, I am pregnant again.. but I'm petrified of Elliot becoming really angry again. He is usually the kindest person ever. It's completely chaos when he's angry. That incident happend 4 months ago. Why can't I just leave?" Nina took my hand. "Because you love him." She also asked if Amanda knew anything. "No. I'm too ashamed to tell her. Elliot wants to make things work. What if this new child comes along and he's still acting this way?"

We both took a short walk back to the precinct. "Thanks for the coffee." Hugging her, I said that it was ok. "If you need anything, just call me. I made my way to the therapy centre. I needed to have a chat. "Hi Olivia." Greg let me sit down.

"I've been having flashbacks.. my boyfriend used to hit me. That's right. I'm a victim. I want to overdose. But.. I can't. I have 2 daughters who depend on me."

I admitted everything.

Authours note: Thanks to DayyyFanyyy for the idea! If you've not read her books, you're missing out! They are amazing. X