196

The huge difference in body shape makes the action of "hugging" a bit difficult.

Bending his knees and half squatting, Gu Cong spread out his palms and placed them obliquely in front of Xi Ye.

Lifting his foot, he firmly stepped on the opponent's fingertips that were almost touching the floor. The black-haired boy carefully controlled the balance of his body, step by step, using the man's arm as a ladder, and gracefully sat down on the opponent's left shoulder.

"The guests are still waiting downstairs." Gradually realizing the fun of role-playing, Xi Ye held Gu Cong's shirt collar and gave orders, "Don't stand there stupidly." After making sure that the other party would not fall off because of his actions, Gu Cong stood up straight and said with a good-natured smile: "I obey." The snow was falling heavily, and the window was covered with whiteness, which can be called a rare spectacle in the city. The pooping middle-aged nobleman was the first to have an attack. As soon as he got up with a sullen face, he was shocked by the scene he saw from the corner of his eye.

"This... this...!" Taking a few steps back in an exaggerated manner, he hid behind the sofa and stammered, "God bless, am I dazzled?" Carol, who was bored writing and drawing in her notebook, was sitting opposite the middle-aged nobleman.

The pure black tuxedo is neatly finished, and the tie knotted with the same color is also a very simple and rigid style. Such a handsome butler who interprets the word "rule" from head to toe, but there is a rather "irregular" doll sitting on his shoulder, with a big palm. If you look closely, it looks familiar.

Carol has a good memory, and soon recognized the pair of emerald eyes that looked coldly at her when she entered the door.

--Noah Black, the owner of this mansion, including the entire manor, turned out that the other party was actually a narcissus, and even the doll had to make his own face...

In her mind, she was making complaints, just as Carol was thinking about what beautiful words to use to smooth things over, she suddenly saw that the "doll"'s eyeballs moved.

Like glaring at her.

There was a clang, the pen fell, and the guests who shrank behind the sofa became two.

The heroine with excellent observation skills is even more serious, because she is sure that the clothes worn by this doll are exactly the same as those worn by Noah two hours ago, and even the tie is exactly the same.

Reminiscent of the weird rumors circulating in the city recently, the heroine has a vague guess in her heart.

And her fiancé, who is also the hero of this article, nodded to Xi Ye calmly: "Master Noah." As soon as these words came out, the already stiff atmosphere in the living room suddenly became more strange and dignified.

However, Gu Cong acted as if nothing happened. After Xi Ye nodded perfunctorily, he greeted with a smile: "As you can see, there is a little trouble in the manor. The evil spirit haunted the mansion, causing the mansion to make strange noises every midnight, and seven or eight live fish were lost in the kitchen. Fortunately, my master has already solved it."

The middle-aged noble immediately raised his voice: "Evil spirit?!" What a joke! He had never heard of such a thing!

"Yes," Gu Cong repeated affirmatively, "evil spirits."

As the youngest and best detective in the city's police station, the male protagonist knows several unsolved cases that have been suppressed recently, and the female protagonist has also learned many secrets that have not been widely circulated through the family relationship. Therefore, the two of them are still calm at the moment, and the male protagonist even took the initiative to face Xi Ye and asked, "Is this the price you have to pay for getting rid of the spirit?"

"Of course, if it was ordinary people like you," Xi Ye opened his lips harshly to remind him with the original owner's behavior pattern, "he should have entered the coffin by now."

The corner of Gu Cong's mouth curved secretly.

Immediately afterwards, he was pulled by the earlobe like a warning from the boy.

--The arms are too short, although Xi Ye thinks that the soft and brilliant blonde hair will feel better, but he can't do it, so he can only settle for the next best thing.

Carol, who quietly poked her head out from behind the sofa, keenly smelled a different smell.

So close, so close.

It can be poked, kicked, and beaten, so why pull the earlobe? Also, the butler's smile...

"Stop it! Stop it! Evil spirits, haha, I've heard that no matter what, everyone's goal is gems." Probably because he thought his performance just now was too shameful. To the butler at the side: "I'm hungry." The middle-aged nobleman's face froze and turned blue.

But he can't really get angry. After all, although the young man in front of him has a low title, his biological parents are not easy to provoke, and he urgently needs to buy that top-notch emerald to please His Majesty's favorite lover and cover up some things for him.

The road is blocked by heavy snow tonight, and he has nowhere to go except here.

So, under the leadership of the host, Xi Ye, everyone finished a dinner with different thoughts.

The body is too small to use ordinary knives and forks, so Xi Ye can only temporarily sit on a small porcelain plate covered with a napkin, around a white handkerchief someone took out from his breast pocket, open his mouth obediently, and let the other party feed him.

During the period, the heroine's best friend seemed to have completely forgotten the initial fear, and kept looking at her secretly with eyes full of curiosity and desire to explore.

Seeing that the other party had no malicious intentions, Xi Ye, who was too lazy to cause trouble, simply pretended not to notice.

After dinner, it's time to visit the original owner's collection room. On the pure white or pure black velvet, all kinds of gemstones are shining brightly. Except for the most expensive ones, which have special display cabinets, the rest are placed very casually, and even piled up randomly, as if they have been played by someone and they are boring to throw away.

Due to his occupation, the male protagonist couldn't help frowning, as if he thought that such a simple security measure would be too easy for thieves to patronize, causing losses and causing trouble to the police station.

The young man who had been silent all this time seemed to have seen through his thoughts, and snorted lightly:

"They don't have that ability."