106

"Google."

With a dry mouth, Luo Shaoning suddenly poured down half a pot of water.

It was his first time to Sanggan City.

As the great prince Yan Beilin's staff, although he seldom showed up, he almost never left the capital, let alone followed the caravan to cover his tracks all the way to such a remote place.

However, the battle for the heir apparent is getting more and more intense now, and the forces that can be won over in Beijing have already been divided up by various families. He was ordered to lobby Gu Cong during his trip, and by the way, take a look at Xi Ye, who is very prominent in the grassland.

--The General's Mansion helped cover the latter news, not many people knew about it, but His Highness has been paying attention to the other party, and there is always a way to figure out some troubles.

Contrary to Luo Shaoning's imagination, this important town at the border was more lively and prosperous than the inland city he had passed before in non-wartimes. He changed the wayfinding beforehand and dressed more suitable for business. From the beginning to the end, he did not arouse any suspicion, but after entering the Sanggan City and burning incense, he was "invited" by a group of patrolling soldiers to the General's Mansion.

It is said to be the general's mansion, but it is actually a small courtyard with three entrances. The location is remote, and there is not even a plaque. The man who is heavy enough to reshuffle the existing layout in Beijing is carrying a basket of bean cakes to feed horses. He looks very down-to-earth.

"General Gu." Now that the truth has been revealed, Luo Shaoning straight to the point, wanting to confess his reason for coming, but who would have expected that he would be ordered to evict him as soon as he said a word.

"I know who your master is." Calmly, Gu Cong grabbed a bunch of hay and handed it to Wu Yun's mouth without even looking back. "I'm not interested. I hope you can leave as soon as possible."

Said it was hope, but Luo Shaoning had no doubts that if necessary, the other party would directly throw him outside the city, even if it was getting dark at this moment.

As if he felt that he had no possibility of counterattack, the soldiers escorting him withdrew, leaving only Gu Cong next to the stables, straight to the point, Luo Shaoning said: "Your Majesty is ill."

"At first it was just a common wind and cold, but later it became more and more serious, lethargy, irritability, and forgetfulness. By the time I left Yanjing, no one had sat on the dragon chair for three days."

And with the desire to control power, if there were no accidents or other plans, His Majesty, who was already very concerned about age, would never show his weakness to the officials in this way.

Because that means "aging", means "out of control".

Gu Cong paused.

"The general should not have heard of this. After all, in the court hall, His Majesty's most beloved fourth prince is acting as the supervisor of the country at this moment. Some news is difficult to spread." Before coming to Sanggan City, Luo Shaoning had already thought about the angle of entry.

"It's the same today."

--Poisoning, house arrest, or other means, those who can stand in the Yanjing court are by no means stupid. However, the old emperor's various suppressions of the officials due to suspicion have undoubtedly caused him to lose many loyal courtiers. Now the rest are more thinking about how to stand than saving them.

Gu Cong instantly understood Yan Beilin's plan:

On the side of Qing Jun, pull a banner of justice enough, and do something that is essentially the same as the fourth prince.