149

At this moment, the sun has not yet set, and the empty yard can be clearly seen at a glance.

The surroundings were quiet, and it didn't look like someone was hiding at all, but Gu Cong believed in Xi Ye's judgment even more, and cautiously dropped his sleeve to cover his right hand. Sure enough, after a while, a small furry head sneaked out from behind the low wall.

It was the boy who trotted all the way to call the village chief.

As soon as he looked up, he saw a pair of black eyes staring straight at him. He was obviously taken aback, and he backed up again and again.

However, before he endured the pain and took the opportunity to escape, the boy heard the voice that found himself, and said coldly:

"come over."

Knowing that the other party was ill, it was difficult to even run, let alone catch up with him, but he seemed to be possessed by a demon, unable to muster up the courage to run away, so he moved slowly, one step at a time, walked through the gate and entered the yard.

The animal intuition honed by fishing and hunting birds on weekdays was at work, and the boy stopped tentatively when he was still a few meters away from the young man.

Xi Ye said lightly, "Name."

"Shitou, Mashitou." With his head drooping as if admitting his mistake, the boy answered honestly, this village is called Majia Village, and most of the people in the village have the same surname.

Gu Cong, who was secretly on guard, heaved a sigh of relief.

He hadn't read the name in the main storyline.

But he still didn't interrupt, but let Xi Ye continue to ask: "Why peek?"

"..." The mouth was tightly pursed, and after a while, the boy hummed softly like a mosquito: "Because I think you are like a fairy."

That's why he secretly followed.

1101 couldn't hold back his joy: "This kid's eyes are quite sharp."

Xi Ye denied, "I am not."

"You were wrong."

Visible to the naked eye, the boy's expression was full of disappointment, but he didn't give up, he tilted his head, and looked at Gu Cong, who was better at speaking, as if begging.

Never thinking of tearing down Xi Ye's platform, Gu Cong could only shake his head lightly.

"I heard from the village chief that the Taoist head of the Qingfeng Sect will come over in a few days," Gu Cong comforted with a gentle tone, "You can try it then."

"It's useless." Like a deflated ball, Ma Shitou quickly withered, "They didn't want me last time."

The Qingfeng faction is selected every three years, and most of the selected ones are seven or eight-year-old Xiaodouding, and several villages may not be able to produce one.

Now that he has grown three years in vain, those priests will definitely not even look at him more.

He waited at the entrance of the village every day, but he didn't give up.

Thinking about it carefully, Gu Cong found that the other party was indeed taller than the other children. He was used to going crazy under the sun on weekdays. He was dark and thin.

Just in need of information from the outside world, Gu Cong glanced to the side. Seeing that Xi Ye had no objection, he raised his good hand, beckoned, and said, "It's cold outside, come in and sit down."