155

This is more of a notification than an inquiry.

Because before Xi Ye could answer, he was embraced by the young man with more force than before, as if he wanted to rub him into his arms.

"Be smarter in the future, and don't say silly things about helping to complete the task," Gu Cong said sullenly, "Other people are not as kind as I am."

Completely forgetting that the other party was a Yixian who was hundreds of years older than himself, he gave a serious look and said: "Your life is very precious, protect it well."

Your life is precious.

Eighteen-year-old Gu Cong wanted to tell him this.

In the illusion, all regrets can be made up, Xi Ye nodded cooperatively.

But Gu Cong was relentless: "Promise me."

Xi Ye: "I promise you."

Now, the young man who was holding him to criticize education was finally satisfied. Like rewarding him, he wrapped his arms around his waist and turned a small circle gently.

In the previous world, no matter how young Gu Cong was, he always had a stable core hidden in his bones, but this time, the other party was obviously more lively and pure, with a childishness that had not yet emerged from the ivory tower.

A flower bloomed in the hem of the clothes, and when Xi Ye put his feet down on the ground, he saw the slightly reddened ears of the boy: "Cough."

"I'm just happy."

To be honest, Gu Cong is not a person who particularly cares about his age. He goes to school early and skips grades, and his friends are all older than him.

When it comes to universities like small societies, this difference becomes more obvious.

Even if it's just a difference of two or three years.

He is obviously used to it, but in front of Xi Ye, he always wants to emphasize that he is not a child, to prove that he is an adult, but he often moves faster than reason and does some childish things.

"Hmm." Probably able to read the other party's mind, Xi Ye wanted to raise his hand to rub Gu Cong's head, but the curly hair in the world of Xianxia was obviously in the way.

The sleeves moved imperceptibly, and then stopped. After all, he just curled up his fingertips, tugged at the silk, and pulled the person towards the chair: "What about you, why are you here?"

Gu Cong took advantage of the opportunity to sit down next to Xi Ye: "Because the me in the original world is already dead."

Xi Ye stopped pouring the tea.

There is a system from the fast-traveling game in Consciousness Sea. Of course, he can roughly guess Gu Cong's origin, but it's one thing to guess, but it's another thing to hear it with his own ears. Xi Ye has personally experienced countless deaths and knows how hard it is. He doesn't even want to think about what happened to make Gu Cong die at the age of eighteen.

His brain didn't work.

Accident? revenge? Or the indiscriminate killing of antisocial murderers?

Are you scared?

sorry?

...does it hurt?

"It was a car accident." Not sure how much Xi Ye knew about the world outside of the novel, Gu Cong gave a brief explanation of terms before continuing, "A drunk driver ran a red light and hit me, but there was no pain. When the ambulance arrived, I had already turned into a ghost, floating beside me looking at my dead body."