21

A/N
Song: 16- by Thomas Rhett

FYI HS/N is high school name.
I will be slow to update but I have several stories started in a notebook. Now onto my first story.

Hope you enjoy!

"I'm so glad to finally be 21!" BFF/N(#1) squealed as we walked to the club.
"I just don't understand why I'm here. Why not someone else like F/N? She's cooler than me," I said, muttering slightly.
"Y/N really? You're cool in your own way," BFF/N(#2) reassured me.
"An already 21 year old who is antisocial and doesn't like parties or people. Perfect choice," I added heavy sarcasm. Our favorite song was already playing inside (see above). The two girls grabbed my hand and dragged me into the crowded building.
There were booths, chairs, and tables along the front and sides of the room. The center floor was slightly lowered for a dance floor. We headed towards one of the booths closest to the bar, in the middle of the building.
"Food first. Then y'all can go drink or whatever. Be careful though. I can't always be there to pull you guys out of trouble all the time."
"Calm down Mom. We will be okay. You don't get to be so uptight. Let loose Y/N."
"Have you been listening to those hippy songs again?" I asked, rolling my eyes. The waiter took our order and left. "Don't even. Most guys are going to be looking at the females in the room," I looked at the other people in the booths. All of them were in pairs of groups of threes. There was one guy in the front corner of the club. We stared at each other for a moment then both looked away.
"Where's the luck guy?" BFF/N#1 mumbles as we got our order. "You literally look like a fire truck."
"There isn't a guy. It's just a little warm, that's all," I looked back over at the mysterious man out of the corner of my eye. He was staring again. I chucked my jacket and he blushed even more.

We finished our food and the girls went to dance. Someone slid into the booth. I looked up from my book/phone (you can choose) and was about to say something.
"Hey. I saw you staring earlier and wanted to make sure of a couple of things. (Short A/N: I'm sorry. It's lame but it's late and I can't remember my notes) Your friends left so I took my chance."
"Who are you exactly?"
"C/N. Nice to meet you," C/N raised his hand out for me to shake.
"Y/N. You too."
"You seem familiar somehow. Did you go to HS/N?" I blushed.
" Y...Yeah, " Real smooth Y/N. "You seemed familiar too. That might be why."

We talked a while and had a couple of drinks.
"Is that the time? I better get my friends and..."
"Wait! Can... Can we dance first? I mean it's only midnight, " C/N stood and offered me his hand. I took his hand and stood.
"All couples on the dance floor. This one is for you," the man behind the music said into the microphone. He put on a slow song and we started dancing.
"Can I ask you something Y/N?" I nodded. "Will you be my girlfriend? I've been meaning to ask you for a while."
"H...How long have you wanted to ask?" I looked up at him.
"Eight years. When I found out you liked me," C/N pulled me closer. I saw my friends out of the corner of my eye giving me a thumbs up.
"How did you find out? Who told you? Was it..." C/N pressed his finger to my lips.
"I found out on my own. Remember that project where the teacher put you in my group be wise you wanted to do it by yourself. Didn't you hear my friends teasing me about you? Or teasing you?" I shook my head.
"I was having a bad day and kind of zoned it out. Some of your friends did tease me about us but I never listened because I knew that the news would get to you eventually."
"So about my question?"

Cliff hanger!!!! Jkjk not really.

I saw my friends again. "I'll be your girlfriend on one condition."
"Name it," I pulled him into a kiss.
"I get the first surprise," C/N places his hand on my neck.
"That means I get the second one, right?" I smiled and shook my head.
"I said yes. That's two," he kissed me this time and there was an explosion of cheering. We jumped and both ended up tripping over each other. He landed on top of me and we both blushed.
"I told you it would work!" BFF/N#2 squealed.
"It is time to leave though, Y/N. There is this thing called exchanging numbers and dating. You will see him again."
"I'm really glad y'all finally got together. It's been years," the man with the music liked his head around the side of the machine. "In reality, most of this town would be glad."