Graduation

C/N graduated last year and you haven't seen much of him since. He's your brother's best friend but you were all pretty close.

"Why haven't you brought C/N around since you guys graduated?" My brother shrugged as I finished up my homework.
"We've both been busy. Besides, we both think it would be good to leave you be during your senior year."
"But our friendship is what got me through last year."

"I've been accepted at (college)! Does that mean I can live with you, B/N?"
"As long as mom and dad are cool with it," they nodded and I cheered. I went upstairs and went in B/N's room.
"Have you heard much from C/N?" I heard footsteps pause outside the room.
"No. He took a year off to catch up on work. He might go to college in the fall," I picked up two pictures of the three of us. I was hanging upside down in the tree behind them as mom was taking a picture of the boys. On her second attempt, I fell and they caught me. I smiled and put the photos down.

I looked around the crowded gym as the graduation ceremony started. I walked across the stage and received my diploma. As we walked out, I saw my brother and parents in the top section. I smiled and congratulated my peers.
"Y/N?" Someone said behind me and I turned.
"C/N," I beamed and jumped into his open arms. "I missed you so much."
"I missed you too, (nickname)," I smiled at the name and he looked into my eyes.
"I remember your graduation like it was yesterday," I giggled and he put me down.
"Still feels like yesterday," he took my hand and led me back inside. My parents and B/N hugged me and we got tons of pictures.
"I'm glad you came," I yawned.
"Me too. I'll see you soon," he promised and walked into the crowd. I wanted to run after him but my parents dragged me to the car.

I woke up in my room and I looked around. My cap and gown were gone but I was still in my dress. I got up and changed, pulling pins from my hair as I went. I took my hair from the braided crown and my red cinnamon hair fell past my shoulders in curls.
"You have a visitor, Y/N," mom told me.
"Give me a minute," I combed through my hair with my fingers and opened the door to my bathroom.
"C/N. What are you doing here?"
"Can't I come visit you?"
"You can but I was just surprised. Why haven't you visited before?"
"I wanted to but I got distracted with work."
"Its okay," I hugged him and he sighed in relief.
"Y/N? Where are... oh. Sorry," B/N left my room and I rolled my eyes.
"I better go. See you later?" I nodded and he left. He shut the door behind him and I heard the guys talking as they walked away.
"You okay?" Mom walked in and I looked at my desk where another picture sat. 
"I'm good. Why?"
"I think you missed him more than your letting on."

A few weeks later, I moved into B/N's apartment and started preparations for college life.
"There's a group of girls who live next door. They've been waiting to meet you," B/N warned and the elevator dinged.
A group of girls held up signs and I smiled. I set my stuff down and we introduced ourselves.
"There's someone else you need to meet," the girls went to their room and B/N led me inside his apartment. There were pictures on the shelves and refrigerator.
"Oww. Cooperate with me here," I frowned and dropped my stuff off in my room. I walked through the kitchen to another room.
"C/N?" He turned, a wide grin on his face, and he stood.
"Oww," he winced and I walked into the room. I smiled and pushed the drawer. "Thanks Y/N," he was still crouched and eye level with me. He looked over my shoulder and straightened.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," he rubbed his head. "You remember that promise we made when we were kids?"
"To not grow old without each other in our lives? What about it?" I watched as he struggled for words and he leaned forward. He pressed his lips to mine for a second then pulled away.
"Its okay if you don't..." I put my hands on his chest.
"Shut up," I kissed him again and he relaxed under my fingers.
"Don't overdo it," I held up a finger at B/N and we pulled away.
"I love you so much, (nickname)," he murmured and I looked at him.
"I love you too, C/N," I looked over my shoulder and I saw B/N smiling.
"Finally you guys got together. Thought I might have to lock you in a room together or something," I saw a mischievous gleam in C/N's eyes and he sat down in a chair. He pulled me into his lap and B/N was gone.
"B/N said you kept asking when I would be back. How much did you miss me?" He teased and wrapped his arms around me.
"More than I thought," he smiled and I tucked my head in the crook of his neck. He kissed my forehead and I smiled.