Patient

I'm don't have many ideas right now. I want to write but I don't have any ideas. I hope you guys enjoy it!  It will be kinda sad.

"There is nothing wrong with me! Just leave me alone and let me go home!" A girl screamed from down the hall.
   "Sweetheart, you know that's not true. Quit yelling and let them help," her mother followed behind the doctors who were struggling to contain the girl.
"There isn't anything anyone can do. I'm dying, mother.  Just admit it. I'm dying, " a doctor injected her with something to put her to sleep.

"(C/N sister's name), whats wrong?"
"Thats your new patient.  The girl from earlier. She's gone through 4 doctors and nurses in the past 30 minutes.  Good luck big bro," she walked away and I went inside the room.
"Good evening.  My name is C/N and I will be here to..."
"Do your tests. You will only get the same results. 'You will die in 2 months' and such," her arms and wrists were already beginning to bruise from the blood drawn.
"How many vials did they take?"
"12 or more," her mother said. I hooked up some machines to the girl.
"No tests? I'm shocked," the girl rolled her eyes.
"I'm going to extend your lifeline. I've seen the results and I think I can help you. I'm specialized in (your disease). None of the others were," I sat on the bed and took her hand.
"Y/N, you will survive. "
"How many others have you made that promise to, doc?"
"Hey big bro. How's it going?" (Sisters name) walked in.
"Y/N, meet my younger sister. She has fought this and survived," she flicked me behind the ear.
"Only because you messed with my medication and it miraculous cured me. I'm joking.  He's the best in this field and knows more about it than I do and I used to have it. He will save you too."

I apparently have improved in health and the disease went dormat within a few months.  I got really close to C/N in those months and didn't have to go through anymore doctors or nurses. His sister would fill in every now and then but he would always check over her work.
Little I knew, we both started developing feelings neither of us have felt in a long time.

"C/N.  Shes dying again. It came back, you can't save her again. I'm sorry. She was doing so much better. No one expected this. The patch grew overnight," I pushed past her and saw Y/N asleep on the bed. I sat beside her and cried for a while.
I'm just glad I didn't have to work that day. My sister came after visiting hours were over and took me home.

"I need you to come in," my sister called from work. "You have slept for 3 days and... please hurry. I can't explain over the phone," i threw on some cloths and raced to the hospital. When I got there, her parents and brother were there.
"She has 3 hours left. Make them count," my sister hugged me and we went into the room.
"I don't care if I'm dying again, mom. Where is C/N?" Y/N yelled.
"Right here," I walked to the bed and she pulled me into a hug.
"I love you, c/n. I want to be with you forever but I know I can't," I pulled her close.
"My mother gave me this ring before I moved out. Will you be my wife for as long as you live?" (A/N: have to pause cause I'm crying. Stupid emotions.😭)
"Yes, C/N. I will," she kissed me and I slid the ring on her finger. 

Y/N was gone in a few hours. She died with her family and friends around her. She died in my arms. She had given me the ring back right before her last breath. The funeral was the day after tomorrow. I drove home and cried myself to sleep.

A few hours later, I heard my doorbell ringing and a strange noise from outside. I grabbed the nearest object,  a pencil, and went to the door. I looked out the window and saw a box.
I opened the door and picked up the box. I set it on the table and opened it. There was a note on a light pink piece of fabric.

Thank you for taking care of the daughter I couldn't.

I picked up the blanket and sat a baby swaddled in the blanket.
"Hey sis. I know its barley midnight but I need you help, asap," when she arrived, she looked exhausted. I had just calmed the child and she started crying when (sister'sname) walked in. I rocked her slowly and she went back to sleep.
"Where..."
"Don't know. Whoever left it, didn't want her," I nodded at the note. She read it. "I'm going to keep her," she smiled and took the baby from my arms.
"Have you decided a name?"
"Y/N (sister's name). If you'll be her aunt," she nodded and tears slipped down her face. "I want her to be a secret for now."

"Hey Mrs. (Your l/n). I'm sorry," she gave me an awkward hug because of the baby in my arms.
"It wasn't your fault. We know you both did your best. Who's your little friend?" She stroked Y/N's cheek. I explained everything to her.
"I should have asked if I could use her name first. I'm sorry. I'll go change..."
"Thank you for passing her name to your daughter. I know it isn't hers too but if you will let her grow up with us as her other grandparents,  we would love that," I smiled.
"Thank you for understanding, Mrs. L/N,"
"Call me mom. I am your mother-in-law," she handed me some paperwork. "Your sister helped with the license."

As the years went on, Y/N  looked more and more like her mother.  I never forgot her and took care of our daughter. 
I know she was adopted but she is still ours.

I'm still crying.  This one is really sad with an equally sad but happy ending. Hope you guys liked it!