Reservation 2

This is not a part two. This is a separate scenario but roughly the same story line.

I finished getting ready and drove over to the restaurant. I went inside and waited a moment.
"Do you have a reservation?" I nodded and told the woman (random guy name). She led me to a table and have me a menu.
"I will be your waiter. Can I start you off with an appetizer?"
"No. Could I have a few moments. My boyfriend should be here soon," she nodded and I looked at the menu. I found my usual and pretended to continue to read. I felt eyes on me and the waiter came back.
"Are you ready to order now?" I shook my head.
"I'm sorry. He's not usually late like this," the woman looked down and bit her lip.
"I'm sure he'll show soon," she walked away and the eyes returned. I looked at my phone and saw a message from him.

Going to have to cancel. Meeting was late and I didn't leave until now.

I texted him a reply and my face fell to my hand. It took all my willpower to not cry at the table.
"You okay?" Someone slid into the booth across from me. I nodded and straightened my composure quickly.
"Yeah. I'm fine," the man looked at me.
"Canceled plans?"
"What?"
"Did someone cancel plans to spend time with you?" I nodded, not even realizing. "I'm in the same boat. My friends are out of town and we were going to hang out this weekend."
"What about a girlfriend?" I hesitantly asked.
"Broke up with her not too long ago. Cheated on me with some guy named (Random guy name). She works with him at a company here in town."
"Could that company be (company name)?" The man nodded. I thought a moment.
"Impossible. My boyfriend works there and that's his name," he bit his lip.
"Kinda set them up... I packed up my stuff the other day from her apartment and she had left her phone unlocked and I texted him and set this up."
"I guess I owe you."
"Why?"
"I've wanted to know for a long time of he was cheating on me. You helped do that for me. If it is him," the waiter came back.
"Is...this your boyfriend?"
"No."
"Okay. I didn't think so but I wanted to make sure. He is a regular here," I frowned.
"He told me he had never been here before. Odd," I ordered my usual and the waiter left.
"Yes. The reserved name is (Rival's name)," both of us looked to the door. Standing there was my boyfriend with his arm wrapped around the man's ex.
"Y/N? What are you going to do?"
"How do you know my name?"
"My ex. Talked about you non stop. Good luck," he visually looked nervous. I walked up to the desk while the woman working slowly looked through the registration list.
"Hey babe. I'm so glad you decided to bring that co-worker your always talking about. How about we go to the table, that way we can get to know each other better. I don't know if he mentioned this but he cheats and he had a girlfriend prior to you."
"You said I was your one and only. You dated me for me."
"Oh I forgot one tiny little detail. Oh what was it? She cheated on her ex so this is a perfect relationship for you two," I waved at the fuming couple over my shoulder and went back to my table. I say and enjoyed my meal, talking with the man. I found out his name was C/N.
"He doesn't deserve someone as amazing as you," he said and I blushed. When we finished our meal and paid, I went outside. I watched his drive off and I heard giggling behind me.
"I'll see you later baby!" The girl shrieked and walked to her car. "What are you doing still here? I thought you left?"
"I was about to buy I wanted to make sure I got everything first," I told her. My ex drive off and I turned slowly. I grabbed her traveling fist in my hand. I punched her in the nose and I left.

this one wasn't very good but you get the idea.