Masquerade Prom

Just cleaning, organizing, and going through stuff. Fun life as a teen in quarantine. Don't have to do school work so you clean. Makes sense.
   Anywho, I found an old mask and though of dances and this idea was born. I just happened to be listening to this song during that. This is kinda a Cinderella story but no evil step mother or sisters. The tags to riches part is like unpopular to popular or single pringle to dating the hottest most popular guy you know. I hope you guys enjoy!!

I paced my best friend's room. Prom was this Saturday night which was only the day after tomorrow.
"If you keep doing that, there is going to be a burned patch in my new carpet," she warned. I went to another area and started to pace again. "What are you even worrying about?"
"C/N. Isn't it obvious?"
"What's wrong about him?"
"I want to tell him about my feelings for him but I don't know how though."
"He's going to prom. Tell him then."
"He will know it's me though," BFF/N grinned and turned to her closet.
"Not with a disguise he won't."
"Huh?" She threw something over her shoulder at me. I caught it and turned it over. "A mask?" (not an after 2020 mask which actually could work but no)
"Yea. Prom is a masquerade this year. With your fairy god-mother at your side, he won't recognize you."
"Really? Who's powerful enough for that? No one I know," I teased. She stuck her tongue out at me.
"Meanie. You want my help or not?" I nodded and she told me her plan.

"C/N. We've been through this. Masquerade, unrecognizable. This is a fool proof plan."
"I don't know. She is smart enough to not be fooled by a mask. She knows me too much for that."
"BFF/N has already told me everything. What she is going to wear, ect. And he isn't going to re inside you cause BFF/N made this plan. Trust me, well BFF/N; not me."
"Thanks for the reassurance," he told me the plan and we finally fell asleep.

Friday morning: C/N POV

I spotted her and BFF/N by Y/N's locker. BFF/N waved me over and I walked over to the pair.
"Hey gals. What's up?" I leaned against the lockers next to Y/N. She squeaked in surprise and closed her locker.
"Hey C/N," I raised an eyebrow.
"You didn't stutter. I'm shocked," She rolled her eyes and I reached over and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. I leaned closer to her and she was tense. "I have a plan and I will tell you about it in class," I whispered so BFF/N couldn't hear.
"Okay. See you then," they turned around and BFF/N was screaming at her to tell her what I had said. I went to class and she sat next to me.

"What is your plan?"
"Get out friends together at prom."
"I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's been years. Are you still jealous that he told me first?" I playfully frowned. "Of course you are. I get told everything cause I'm trustworthy."
"And it's your best friend he likes," we planed until our next class. He linked out pinkies in an unspoken promise to not tell.

Saturday morning: Y/N POV

I went to BFF/N's house early. I brought my dresses and she got to work.

She finished my hair and makeup right before lunch.
"Please be careful," I smirked.
"Honey I'm the definition of careful."
"More like accidental danger," she mumbled. We sat at the table and are some lunch. I went to get me a cup of juice but the liquid spilled all over my dress. BFF/N screamed and got out of the way.
"And this is why I have back ups," we went back upstairs and I changed. "I like this one better anyway," I twirled in the (fav color) dress.
"It makes your eyes stand out. I'm just glad I used a general pallet. Made this easier," I nodded and drive up to (where prom is).
"Hey BFF/N?"
"Yeah?"
"How about we go to that far side. It's less crowded," she nodded and I smiled. All according to plan. We weaved in between dancing students. We got to the corner and I saw two people coming towards us. I faded into the crowd and she turned, looking for me. I saw a flash of (fav color) and BFF/N and (Y/C)/BFF/N were kissing.
I walked away and sat at one of the tables.

After a half an hour or so, I got up and danced. I bumped into a guy with a (fav color) tie. He stuttered out an apology and I told him it was fine. I blushed slightly and I pulled him down to my lips. He closed his eyes and kissed me back.
I headed to the bathroom, ignoring C/N's shouts, and texted BFF/N to come to the bathroom. She entered a little while later and I was leaning against the wall.
"What's wrong? What happened?" She came closer to me. "Who did you kiss?" I knew who she was thinking and I just nodded. "Does he know?" I shook my head.
"He'll find out eventually on his own. Our plan was enough to work for one night. We better go," the teachers dismissed us and walked to the car. Someone caught my hand before I left the sidewalk near the building.
"Please tell me who you are."
"You wil find out later. It won't be someone you would expect though. I kissed his cheek and walked away.
"Daaaaang. Your good at this disguise thing. He's still standing there. When are you going to tell him?"
"Don't know yet," we got to her house and changed.
"(Y/C)/BFF/N sent me a message about C/N."

Hey babe. C/N was kissed by a mystery girl. Any clues?
Nope. None. Y/N hasn't said anything so maybe not her.
Then who kissed him?
Idk.

"Thanks for not throwing me under the bus," I have her back her phone and pulled out mine. I texted C/N.

Heard you had a Cinderella moment tonight? What was that like?
Weird. Don't know who it is. I've asked the other two and they don't know. Have any ideas?
Nope. I hope you find your Cinderella.
Thanks Y/N. See ya Monday.
Bye

Monday morning: C/N POV
I sat with my friends who were already making out.
"Get a room," I moaned.
"He's just jealous since he can't find his Cinderella as Y/N puts it."
"Where is she anyway?" (Y/C)/BFF/N asked.
"I don't know. She went home yesterday. I don't keep tabs on her..." We heard someone coming up the bleachers. "She's right there," she sat in the corner between the railing and the wall. She pulled out a book and read. I sat on the step below hers.
"You okay?" I whispered. She nodded.
"Found your Cinderella last night," she looked down at her book.
"Do I know her? Do any of us know her? Are you sure you are okay? You know you didn't have to find her."
"You ask too many questions," she said softly. "We all know her. I know her better personally. You can try but I've been around her all of my life."
"Who is she?" I pleaded.
"You are one of the smartest and oblivious people I've ever known," she kissed me and I kissed her back. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. "Figured it out yet?" I smirked.
"Still don't have a clue. Maybe another hint would help," she rolled her eyes and cupped my cheek in her hand.
"Finally," the couple groaned in front of us. "Took forever."

This one was cute. For some reason I don't really like Cinderella stories. Rags to riches, stuff like that. I just feel like it was too much work to find a bride, the slipper part. I hope you guys enjoyed it!