Mermaid

Just rereading some notes for a different story of mine and thought of this. I'm contemplating making another story or two on here. They won't be oneshots but actual stories. One of the is a...different interpretation of one of my favorite movies and the other is a Pinterest idea I made onto a story. I hope you guys enjoy this one!

Y/N POV (young age)

I closed my eyes and felt the warm sun against my skin. I knew there were people around so I sat a few feet from the lapping waves. I felt the same shift a foot away. No one could see me.
"Hi. Do you want a friend? You look a little lonely," I looked up and there was a little boy standing above me in swim trunks. I looked at him funny and he sat beside me. "You know... Someone you can talk to."
"I've never had a friend before. Haven't had time to talk to many people," I murmured. I
"Where are you from? Your accent is really cool," I halfway panicked.I
"Cuban?" He nodded. "I better go. Mom told me to not go too far. See you later," I ran to the other side of the beach. I ran up into the rocks and saw the kid from before run past.
"I just wanted to tell you my name is C/N!" He yelled then went back. When the coast was clear (literally the coast though) I went into the water and swam for a while. When I hit deep enough water, I swam under the waves.

C/N POV (present day- 16 years old)
I had told Mom about the girl I had met that no one could see. I left it be until now. The memory flooded back. There is a new transfer and all I really know is she has been at a private school her entire life until now.
"Meet Jenny. She transferred here from Cuba and has never experienced public school before. Be one your best behavior. Jenny, you can come into the room now," he held open the door and a tall girl walked in the room. She was really tan and had something on her face and ankle. She wore jeans and a hoodie.
"You can go sit in the back," she stared down at the floor and everyone stared at her as she walked by. Insert memories from years ago in a daydream. The teacher talked and we took notes.

"Hey Jenny, wait up," she walked quicker but I caught up to her in a few steps. "I'm C/N. If you need anything, just let me know," she nodded and turned back. "What class do you have next?"
"Spanish. What about you?" She looked up at me, her hair moving to reveal her face.
"Same. Do you want to walk and talk?" She shrugged and ducked her head. "How...how did you get that scar?" She froze and I walked in front of her.
"I don't know what your talking about."
"You know what I'm talking about. the scar on your face. It runs from you temple and down your neck."
"I don't know who you are or what kind of sorcery your trying to pull but it isn't working. There isn't a scar there," she went into the classroom and the teacher told her to sit beside me desk. I sit down beside her.
"Can't get rid of me that easily," the teacher interrupted and introduced Jenny.
"How much Spanish do you know?" He asked in Spanish.
"Fluent. Lived all over the world and learned almost every language. German, French, you name it," the teacher's eyebrows rose.

Jenny continued to ignore me for weeks. One day she asked me when my birthday was.
"About a week away. Why?" She bit her lip and paved the hallway.
"Meet me at the beach. I'll... tell you everything. You deserve to know," she disappeared into the crowd and I went home. I walked to the beach to meet up with Jenny. We walked for a while the sat.
"I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner. If you don't want to know, you can leave. I'm going to sound crazy," I nodded and begged her to continue. "I'm not human and soon you will realize the same. I'm not from Cuba but I have been everywhere and know every language. Even some that don't exist in land," I took a moment to process this.
"I need to go for a swim. Come on," I dragged her toward the water. "It helps me to think," she pause and looked down.
"I'll talk to you from here. Look, this is going to be hard to understand..."
"Shoot," Jenny looked around in panic. "As in go on," she took a breath.
"I'm a mermaid. You're half mermaid. The day you talked to me, I thought I was to fail my class. Being royalty and all, I did schooling for years. I thought you were to be the one thing that ruins me until I sensed your other half. There were rumors of course but I never believed them until that day. You will become of age in a few days time in your birthday," I paused.
"Okay. Continue."
"Do you think this is a joke?"
"Of course not, Your Highness. Are you going to have to erase everyone's memories of me and such?" She nodded. I was pulled under the surface and I tried swimming to the surface. I saw a lump of moving kelp connected to my leg. Something cut through the water and the kelp. Something screamed and I was thrown into the beach.
"Which is why I was avoiding the water," I looked up and saw a mermaid laid out on a rock. Jenny returned human and jumped into the warm sand. "Travel by night. If you want to bring anything, you can go. I'll be there but no one will see me. Everyone remembers you for now. When we leave, nothing," I nodded and led her to my house.
"Hey Mr. (Teachers name). What are you Doing out this late?"
"You told him?" She nodded and they started speaking something that sounded familiar. He turned and left.
"This is it. Come on," I took her inside and led her to my room. "So what's it like? Being, ya know?"
"Fun. Almost like freedom. Swimming around with the other fish and talking with them," Mom knocked on the door, interrupting Jenny.
"Hey, honey. How was school?"
"It was good."
"How about that Jenny girl? Are you guys friends yet?" Jenny nodded.
"Yeah. With her moving around a lot, she didn't have time to make a lot of friends. She said she's staying for a while so she can make friends."
"Do you think it could go further than friendship?"
"Mom, really?" Jenny looked down. "I have a lot of homework to get done tonight. I'll be down for dinner," she left and I turned to Jenny. "You okay?" I whispered.
"Y...yeah. Fine. It will be dark soon so hurry," I looked around the room and picked up a stone necklace. It always helped me, sometimes more than the water did. "Lets go," we climbed out the window and something began to fall from the sky. "Hurry," we ran along the beach and she jumped in, dragging me with her.

I swam after her and looked at the new landscape... Oceanscape? We made to a beautiful castle and we swam inside.

You will find out who Jenny is in the next part. I hope you guys enjoyed it!