With or without you

I'm back and still alive. School is a few days away so I won't be able to update as often. 3k reads is a lot and thank you for reading. I hope you guys enjoy it!

"Father, you can't do this. Please," I begged. "Anyone but him. Do you remember all of the abuse? Does that not matter anymore?"
"I remember but he has changed. The war helped with that. I need someone to watch after you, my flower. I won't be able to protect you much longer."
"And you don't think he will run at the face of danger? The second I change..."
"Do not speak of such things. Me and your mother were happy when her father arranged our marriage."
"Mother is dead. There is nothing of her left. 11 years ago today," he cupped my damp cheek.
"Remember what I said about emotions and the crying. I will not stand for it. Neither will be tolerated with (rival's name). Pack your things, you leave tonight," I jumped through my open window when I shut the door behind me. I grabbed a branch and climbed down the tree. I ran into the sense forest surrounding our small cabin.
"Where do you think you are going this late at night?" (Rival's name) asked. He picked me up in his arms and twirled us around.
"Put me down," I kicked myself away from him.
"Are you not excited to be getting married?"
"You are cruel and ruthless. What would I want to marry someone like you," I started walking away from him and he grabbed my hand. He pulled me into his chest and ran his hand through my hair.
"I will change when I am married to the love of my life. I love you, Y/N. I always have," I kneed him and he fell to the ground in pain. I ran further into the forest. I tripped over a root and hit something head first. It felt cold here and my dress was made for summer. My vision blurred and I saw a large figure approach my body. I tried to panic, back away from the creature but soon I had blacked out.

I woke up with a major headache. I sat up and saw some medicine and water. I took the medicine and it instantly cleared my head. I looked down and saw my cloths were changed into a heavier material.
"The master would like to see you now," a disembodied voice called out. I walked down the hall and into a large chamber.
"Who are you? Where did you come from? Why are you here?"
"My name is Y/N. I ran from my father's home and ran into the man in to wed soon. I ran from him because I don't want to marry someone like him. He's cruel and abusive to me. He would hire other women in the village to try to kill me," the man turned away from the fire.
"So you ran away and found me here?"
"Not intentionally. I'm terribly sorry for intruding. I didn't mean any harm, sir," we heard dogs barking and the man looked at me.
"Go back to your room and stay there. I'll go deal with our guests," he disappeared and I went back to the room. The door sealed shut behind me, becoming part of a wall. I laid down to wait.

"Wake up. It's urgent," I opened my eyes and saw the man from before sitting in a chair beside me. "Your father and the other man were here looking for you. They caught your scent as far as the roses. You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?" I shook my head.
"I should go. Papa is probably worried sick," the man shook his head.
"You can stay here a few more days then I will take you back," he was sitting one minute and next to the door the next minute.
"Wait," I hugged him. "Thank you for everything," he sat my head and left.

The next few days were calm. I only saw the man at night in the library. One night, I stared out the window at the moon.
"Lovely, isn't it? Tomorrow night is the last night before the full moon," I nodded and went back to reading.
"Wait... The full moon?"
"Thats what I said," I looked out the window again. "What's wrong?"
"I'm so sorry. I have to go back. Tonight. I've been away too long," the man looked up at me.
"I'll take you back," he closed his book.
"If you want to stay and keep reading, I'll be fine."
"It's okay. I've read all of these books. I have century's to read them all again," I frowned. "I'm joking," he picked me up and walked out of the castle. We walked past the roses and changed back into a summer dress. We made it before dawn.
"Thank you for taking me home," (rival's name) and my father walked out.
"Where have you been? You've been gone for 2 weeks," I opened my mouth to speak.
"I was in the..." (rival's name) reached over and slapped me hard across the face.
"You speak when spoken to. Not before. Your father was worried and we went looking for you. There wasn't a trace of you anywhere. There dogs caught your scent but would loose it quickly," I walked past them and up to my room. I heard fighting below me and it stopped. I went to sleep.

I woke up wrapped in chains and in mid air. I fell and hit my head on a stone wall. I looked around the small, dark room and saw another figure. I recognized him instantly and crawled over to him.
"Wake up," the man groaned and clutched his side. "Are you okay?"
"Besides your boyfriend jumping me last night, yeah, I'm good," I pulled him to me and he rested his forehead on my neck.
"I think you have a fever," he chuckled and brushed his nose on my neck.
"Do you often worry this much?"
"No," he paused for a moment.
"Wait a minute. Why did you freak out when I mentioned the moon last night?"
"I...don't know. "
"I think I have a theory on that. Your a..." The door shook and a tray of food came through the bottom. I pulled it to us and helped the man drink some water. I ripped a piece of my dress and dipped it in the cup. I laid it across his forehead.
"That should help the fever," he fell asleep a little while later. Did he find out my secret or was he thinking something else?

*Just me internally screaming...* I forgot to mention this earlier but this is kind of based off of Beauty and the Beast.Not a lot but a little bit. I hope you guys enjoyed it!