angel

I based this oneshot on this song. Angel with a Shotgun by the cab. Absolutely love this song. I hope you enjoy it!
Ps. Mentions of war, drugs, and suicide.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Angel with a shotgun.

We were just kids then, playing like tomorrow was a given. We were neighbors and spent every waking second together.

Get out your guns, Battles begun, Are you a Saint or a sinner

God doesn't care in war. Every able bodied young men and women must fight. They shoved a gun in our hand and commanded we fire on those who've wronged us. By this time, we were 12. The army kept recruiting adults until they ran out. They went to the next best thing: male children.

"If loves a fight, then I shall die with my heart on the trigger."

C/N left me and told me to not go. He said to wait for him, wait for his love. He kissed me before being dragged across the long dead grass.

"They say before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for."

The daily beatings, hallucination drugs, and mental abuse was endured but seeing C/N again kept me going.
They tried a new simulation where we fight more experienced soldiers. No weapons were allowed. The man who stood before me was tall and muscular. His eyes were dark and glazed over. I threw a few well aimed punches and he looked surprised.
We fought for a while, listening to the whoops and shouts behind us. Neither of us were backing down. My heart was racing and I was struggling to breath.
"Just a reminder, these fights are to the death," my blood went cold as I turned to look at the man again.

"I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the wars won. I don't care if heaven won't take me back"

I ran back to him and he caught me in a loose choke hold.

"I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe. Don't you know your everything I have."

The man whispered in my ear. I bit his hand and ran out of there, C/N in pursuit. The crowd cheered and followed. We ducked into an empty room and waited.
"This is treason. We can't do this," I nodded.
"I know," I looked at him. "After all this time, you still remember our song."
"Of course. I sang it every night. You kept me going," he cupped my cheek. "I'm sorry for everything," I hugged him and there was a series of beeps.

And I wanna live not just survive tonight.

"We have 2 rogue soldiers. Find them," we ran out of the room and toward the main exit. 20 or so soldiers blocked our path. He attacked the nearest one and stole his machine gun. He handed me a pistol and we plowed through them.
I took some more clips off of the bodies and ran out into the blinding sunlight. We ran to the tall electric fence and we both pulled out a pair of mini bolt cutters. We cut through the wires and ran to the woods.
I took C/N's hand as we weaved between the trees

I'm an angel with a shotgun fighting till the wars done. I don't care if heaven won't take me back.

"No, C/N. We can do this together. Don't leave me again," he leaned down and kissed me.

"If loves a fight, then I shall die with my heart on the trigger."

"Not again. I'm not leaving," he ran away from me and I heard shooting in the distance. I cried, knowing that if it went silent, it was over. I stumbled on tree roots as I tried to find the battle.
I found a few stragglers and killed them. I came across the army and I silently crept into their defenses. I killed the soldiers as the battle surged around me.
"Its over, C/N. No one going to save you now," I heard the general.

I'm an angel with a shotgun fighting till the wars won.

I tackled him and slit his throat.
"Thats what you think," I stomped his head and ran with C/N.

I don't care If heaven won't take me back.

I led C/N to an underground rebel bunker and pushed him inside. I turned the door, locking us inside.
"They won't find us here," I looked down and saw a 15 foot or so drop. I looked for a ladder and C/N came into view. I let go and he caught me. We explored for a while. I found a kitchen and called C/N over.
"The earliest expiration date is next week," I turned and caught a young girl before she brought a knife to me. "We won't hurt you. If there are more of you, we want to help," the girl thought a moment then whistled loudly. A few dozen children crowded the room.
"We are the first line of defense. The adults keep up the back. They'll clean up the mess. The government wasn't the only ones resorting to children for soldiers," I nodded and we agreed to help them.
I sent a message to a few of my old friends and they agreed to help too. I formulated a plan and we went to separate rooms to sleep.

I paced for a while, not wanting to sleep. Someone knocked on my door and I opened it.
"I can hear you from the other end of the hall," he came into my room and made me sit down. "Whats wrong?"
"This is how I prepare," he rolled his eyes.
"Of course you do," he sat beside me and leaned against the wall. I scooted back and resisted the urge to curl up next to him. He pulled me into his lap and tucked my head under his.

A few months later...
The war is over and the government has been overthrown. Me and Y/N are the last adults and the surviving children soldiers agreed to us becoming the new rulers.

This one was weird but I kinda liked it. Hope you guys enjoyed it.