Arranged Marriage/ Romeo and Juliet

A/N
I appreciate everyone reading cause I was just looking and there was like 120 reads on one of the stories. Vote, comment and read. I'm running out of ideas too so please give recommendations. I hope you guys enjoy!

"Y/N?"
"Yes mother?"
"Are you even listening?" I shook my head. "Since you are the only child of your father, you will become queen in a couple of months. You need to find a husband. Your father and I didn't want to do this but we have to step in. We are hosting a ball in a couple of days and it will become an arranged marriage," I nodded.
"And as the princess and future queen, I shall pretend to be happy in my marriage and produce as many heirs as my husband wants. I've had heard this speech a thousand times," I said sarcastically. I walked out the door.
"This conversation isn't finished."
"I move to have this conversation postponed until later," I went down to the stables and brought my horse, Prince, out.
"M'lady. Your parents wish to see you privately," a servant ran outside.
"I need a bit of fresh air. I'll be back soon," my horse galloped out of the gates. I steered Prince toward the forest. I tied the reins to a branch and climbed.
"I don't think you are supposed to be here, princess. There could be bandits or something," I looked down at the young man. He climbed up and sat on a branch below me.
"It wouldn't be wise to try anything with a princess, especially me."
"You have knights of bodyguards around?"
"Just me and Prince," I held up my hand and a blue flame danced on my fingertips. "I know to protect myself and I'm always prepared for attacks," I dropped. my knife and it almost hit his foot. "Whoops."
"So what brings the princess here?"
"My parents are hosting a ball soon and they are trying to set up an arranged marriage. They don't understand that I love someone that I lost years ago and I've been trying to find him. He probably won't remember me but I want to try. Sorry, I don't usually talk to people about these types of things at the castle," I looked to the horizon.
"It's okay,princess. I haven't seen anyone in a while so I can understand that. I better head back," he got on his horse and left. I did the same and put Prince away. I went upstairs, knowing my doom was near.

C/N POV
I paced my room, thinking about Y/N again. I flopped on the bed and groaned.
"Is someone in a bad mood because they can't find their princess?" C/BFF/N walked into the room.
"Can you irritate someone else? Not in the mood," I threw a pillow at him.
"Nope. Did you find her," I shook my head.
"Found out the king and queen are hosting a ball to find the princess a husband," I threw my arm over my eyes.
"Sir?"
"Any news?"
"It's her," I sat up slowly. "She was at the edge of the forest and I spoke with her. She says her parents think the man she loves isn't real. She's been searching for you for years,"
"Show me," the man took me to the tree. I took the knife out of the bark and looked at it. "Its definitely her. I can't believe she kept them all these years," I smiled and rode back.
"Someone looks happy."
"Get some suits. We are going to the ball," I looked at the knife.

Y/N POV
The next couple of days were full of dance practices, dress fittings, and other teachings. The big day came and I put on my first dress. (P.S. If you want to switch the dresses, it's cool) (see above)
I went and greeted the people. We ate a large feast and then got ready for the ball. (Second dress. For the dancing.)

I was forced to dance with several men

I was forced to dance with several men. Some were a little more... Into the dance and I had to use my magic to move their hands away. I sat down when the band took a break.
"When the band starts back up again, would you like to dance?" I looked at the man who sat next to me.
"Sure. It's not like I can say no," I led him to the garden. "Social gatherings aren't really my thing. Too crowded."
"I agree. How are you taking this arranged marriage thing?"
"How do you know?"
"I have my ways. So?"
"Not so good. When I was little, my best friend moved away and I never saw him again. As I got older, I realized I fell in love with him. I know I'm going to besearching married soon but it still hurts. I've been for him for years but nothing. He just disappeared," I looked away.
"I know someone who matches that. Did he have light blonde hair and like forest green?" I stared at him.
"Yeah. His name was C/N," he stood up and held out his hand.
"We better get back, (Y/N nickname). They might send out some bodyguards," I took his hand and I hugged him.
"I missed you so much."
"I wanted to stay but they wouldn't let me. They took us to another kingdom and I worked there until I ran away. I came back and found a group of people who lived in the woods and stayed with them," we went back to the ballroom and danced.

"We found you a husband. They will return on your wedding night. Only me and your father knows," I had finally found C/N and I still have the marriage. I ran out of the castle and me and Prince fled to the forest. I climbed the tree and felt the wind pick up.
"Y/N? What are you doing here?"
"They found me a husband. After all these years, I find you and I have to marry another," he wrapped his arms around me.
"It will be okay. I'll be there for you."

Wedding Day
I looked around, trying to find...
"Hey princess," I turned. "Looking for someone?" I shook my head.
"There is just a lot of people are and I still don't know who I'm marrying," the guy shrugged.
"Can't fix that but I do know C/N is here. He's probably in the bathroom or something," the pianist started playing and the man left. I was rushed out the door and I walked down the aisle. I focused on where my feet were and I walked up the steps.
The ceremony went on, us saying our vows and such. The man's voice was familiar but I didn't want to look up.
"You may now kiss the bride," the preacher said and the man kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. We pulled away and went into the dining hall. Me and my new husband sat at the front table.
"What's wrong, (Y/N nickname)? Didn't want to be disappointed if it wasn't me?" I finally looked up at him.
"When I told you I was leaving, I went to your parents and asked them if I could marry you. Since it was arranged, they agreed. No one had come and asked them prior to me which leads me to believe that someone scared them off," he leaned down and took something from his boot.
"Where did you find that?" He handed me my knife.
"When you were talking to Jack the other day and you dropped it," I smiled and put the blade back.
I

This one is different from how I was going to go with it but it turned out okay. I hope you guys enjoyed it!