Protector Part 5

C/N POV
It's felt like hours before I changed. This time was different though. My screams turned into roars. When the transformation was complete, I collapsed and tried to regulate my breathing. My chest burned like I had just ran a marathon.
My back and back legs felt like they were being ripped apart with metal claws. The door opened and I saw Hazel standing in the doorway. She crouched beside me and gave me a bag. I drank and I regained my energy. I stood up and she handed me a brown bag.
"Go find her. I know she told you not to but we both know she's in trouble," I ran out of the house and ran through the forest.

I crouched and looked into the clearing. I saw some men standing around a familiar figure. I leaped into the air and killed two men on my way down. She didn't move as I weaved inbetween the flying bodies. I stood over Y/N's body and growled at the remaining guard. He turned to run and I pounced.
I dragged Y/N away from the clearing and went back for the bag. I nudged her and she didn't move. I put a bag near her mouth and she bit into it. She stirred and began to drink. She opened her eyes and winced.
  I told you to stay. Why didn't you listen?
Hazel. She growled.
  I could feel your wounds and she said you were in trouble. She held still for a while and I cleaned her wounds with my tongue. When she could stand, I helped her back to Hazel's tree.
We went inside and she flopped onto the floor. I nudged her slightly and she whimpered. I curled up next to her and went to sleep.

"C/N. Wake up," someone shook my shoulder. I opened my eyes and Y/N smiled. I sat up and gently hugged her.
"You okay?" She nodded.
"Thanks to you. Just a couple of iron burns and sword wounds. Nothing much."
"Is it possible for me to be able to feel your wounds and read your thoughts from long distances," she went still.
"Not many werewolves have it. Vamps never but werewolves it's rare. You two grew up close and created a bond not many werewolves could accomplish with their own mates" Hazel walked in and pulled up a chair.
"Any specific feelings, pains, anything, you guys can feel what the other experiences. This even includes a built in gps. That's why you found her so quickly. You guys are going to have to leave. They are coming," Y/N nodded and led me to the panic room. She picked up another brown bag and we went inside.
"Good luck and keep her out of trouble," we waved and she shut the door. Y/N closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around me. She started to shake and I held her close. She reached out and hit a button in the wall. The floor went out from under us and we were plunged into darkness.

We came out the tunnel after a while and we flew into a tree. I held onto Y/N and I sat up.
"There wasn't a tree here before," Y/N groaned. I put my hand over her mouth and a couple of the men from last night walked by. They communicated through beeps and whirls.
We climbed down and walked away from the men. She was quiet for a long time.
"Who are they? Why are they after you?"
"Since I became queen, they've been after me. Don't know why or who they are. Just know they are bad news," she turned and began walking in the direction the men went earlier.
She disappeared and I saw the men. One of them hung back and gestured me forward. Become him. I frowned and concentrated. I was swept off my feet and was walking beside the other man.
I can't come with you. Too much iron. You go on and see what you can find out. I nodded and she walked away from me. I walked inside the iron filled fortress and I saw two men arguing.
"How much longer can we go on like this? We'll become extinct like the werewolves."
"I told you the solution. Find the girl and the boy will follow. They rule over all werewolves and vampires."
"They are too powerful. We can't help them into power with Them still alive. How are we to kill the robots?" There was a loud crash and several of the robots fell.
"Excuse me. Couldn't help but overhear your conversation. I can help. Meet me in the clearing over there tonight," I walked away before they could ask anymore questions.

I changed back before I got to Y/N. She stood up when I got closer to her.
"There was two vampires talking. They are planning to break away from the robots. Most of the other vamps are gone. They wanted to find us to save both species. Give both a new chance," I met her eyes.
"Between the two, vamps are the tricksters. There are some wolves who are but it's mainly vamps. I'm not saying these vamps are but they could be," we waited until midnight then we saw the two vampires walking into the clearing.
"Told you he wouldn't show," Y/N growled softly beside me, making the vamps look up.
"Rafael and Julian. How'd I know it was you two?"
"Y/N. Nice to see you so soon," the vamp smiled at her and it took all my willpower to control both of us.
"Cut that out, Jul. This is strictly for saving our species."
"Do you want me to fulfill our promise, Julian, cause I would gladly do it in a heartbeat," she growled and shifted to her wolf form. I sat down and pet down her side. I wrapped my arms around her neck before she could pounce. The two glared at each other and Rafael grabbed Julian's arm before he could get any closer to her. She laid down beside me, a paw in my lap and her muscles tense. He tail brushed the ground and her ears were flat against her head.
"We aren't here to fight you two. I know the past couple years between you two is sketchy but put that aside. We found something They are keeping that can destroy all of Them and unite our people once and for all. "
"What is it and where?" She turned human and shook her head.
"Its an ancient crown. Vamps don't usually tell myths and legends such as this so Y/N might know more."
"Its just that. A crown that's been lost for centuries. It's the reason vamps and wolves can't get along. Only a creature that holds prophecy and one of the species can control it. there hasn't been anyone in decades who can do that," me and the two vamps looked at her. "What?"
"You said you created a prophecy about a half vamp half wolf. One that ended up coming true, also partly because of you," I pointed out gently.
"I wasn't thinking straight. Blame Julian. The three of us were hanging out, because that celebration lasts a couple of days, and Julian said he was getting us drinks. I didn't think they would be pure fairy alcohol. So I got drunk and muttered some enchantments and said the prophecy," she looked down.
"It can't be me. Trust me. I can't do it," Rafael knelt beside her and muttered something under his breath. Whatever it was, it wasn't English or another language I recognized.
She nodded and he sat back. They closed their eyes and she winced. Rafael opened him eyes after a while and stood. He helped her to stand and she hugged him.
"I know but you have to try. Besides I'll let you kill Julian when we get the crown," her eyes sparked with positive emotion. She gave him a wide grin. "I know your bad with iron but there isn't anything we can..."
"Wait. There is a bag of blood with an orange label. Maybe that helps with the iron," I handed it to her.
"Here, blood expert, and see if this could help," Rafael nodded.
"It will last about an hour. After the hour, it will slowly effect you," she nodded and held the bag in her fists. "Anytime it isn't as heavily guarded? Does.He ever take it off?," the vamps thought.
"Cleaning and before he sleeps which is around 5 in the morning. Sleeps during the day, active at night. Guarding shifts every half hour," we planed our way in, out, and back-ups