The Mortal Instruments

So this one is like the Percy Jackson where I insert you and  C/N into the story. This time, I'm just using a character already in the story because I don't want to make another new book yet for character x readers.
It is coming but not yet. I just came up with this idea so I hope you guys enjoy it!
P.S. this is Jace x reader. This image is what I'm kind of basing it on. The beginning is like the first book and the timeline of the 6th book. I switched some of the characters and plot a little bit. The characters are Cassandra Clare's, not mine.

My name is Y/N and I just moved to the Institute not too long ago. I know there are several people who live here that are like me but I've chosen to stay away from anyone until I fully understand myself.
I apparently come from a dying strand of one of the major families of... Shadowhunters? I guess that what they are called. I've been here for 2 weeks I think. Anyway, my real parents gave me to a mundane family to protect me. I'm the last of my family's name.
How did I get here, you ask? I don't know. 2 weeks ago I was a normal girl coming home from school to find my parents be ripped apart by dark creatures. My mother told me to run from the dogs. One of them saw me and came after me.
All I remember after that was the kitchen being a disaster and I was in the middle of a fire. I felt the heat but I didn't burn. The jelly-like creature bit into my arm and I started screaming something. At that moment, someone stood in the doorway and the creature exploded around me. I passed out and woke up here.
  Someone passed me a note through the door and explained where I was and what happened. I put it here for safe keeping. The few things that haven't been explained is what happened to the creature, who was standing in the doorway, and what I did to the creature.
I'm going to put this notebook away and maybe get some sleep without nightmares. I know it isn't going to happen. 2 weeks and it hasn't helped.

I hid the notebook and there was a knock at my door. Probably food coming, I thought.
"Come in," the door opened and closed. Someone sat something on the bed then sat against the wall in front of me. I didn't look up.
"I'm Izzy. I was told to bring food to you today. So why do you stay shut up in here?" I kept my head down. "Little quiet, aren't you. Well if you need anything, just let me know. You can come out of your room, we aren't holding you hostage. We won't bite," she left the room and I ate.

I met one of the people who live here. I didn't talk to her. I haven't spoken to anyone since that day.

I wrote this last note and put away my notebook. I stared at the rising moon. I decided to get up and explore the Institute a little bit. I stepped outside my room and wandered down the hall. I heard music and I followed it.
I found the room and went inside. There was someone playing the piano that I couldn't see. I walked down the stairs and peeked around the corner. He still hadn't seen me.
The moonlight streaming through the windows made his golden hair glow silver. It highlighted his features and I recognized him. The person in the doorway.
"I know your there, come out of hiding," he scanned the room and fixed his eyes on my hiding spot. I stood hesitantly and he paused. "How are you feeling, Y/N?" I walked slowly towards him then stopped.
  "Okay I guess," I said quietly. I looked down at my feet and I saw him wave me over. My feet moved without my permission.
"I'm sorry about what happened but you deserved to know the truth."
"You watched as that thing disappeared. You wrote the letter, telling me what happened. Why did you help me? Why am I here?" I asked.
"You are here because there was nowhere else you could go. You are of Shadowhunter blood if you want to admit it or not. You are here to train. Those of us who are here have trained for 5 years and have never seen what you did that day," he gestured for me to sit next to him.
"Then where is my family?"
"They were the last of their line, as far as we knew. We had heard your mother couldn't have children and we thought they died before a child could have been born. They were one of the first families to die by the hands of Valentine."
"What happened to Valentine?"
"He's dead. We are in a war with his son now. He is just as ruthless and cruel as his father. We were sent to your house because someone said the end of the war would be there. Me and the group found you. I watched you destroy that demon with your bare hands. No one, no matter how powerful, has ever been able to do that," I nodded, slowly understanding. He went back to playing and I played along. He paused for a second.
"How do you know this song?"
"My aunt taught me to play it. She would always play your part and tell me which keys to play. Instinct I guess," he frowned then continued playing.
"I think your aunt was a Shadowhunter. Very few families know this song and your family was one of them. Maybe someone survived the attack," my eyes widened.
"It was my mother. My mundane mother thought we looked exactly alike. I told my mom that my aunt was in danger prior to that. There were shadows following her everywhere. She was killed by a pack of dogs according to my mundane mother," the man looked surprised.
"She was alive? That's not possible. How could your mother survive?" He stood and walked over to a bookshelf. He pulled a large book and set it on a table. I walked over to his side.
"Your family was quite the illusionists. I guess your mother survived, hid in the mundane world, gave birth to you, gave you up, and watched you grow up by pretending to be your aunt," I nodded and traced the picture.
"Jace, we need you up here," someone shouted.
"Stay here and hide. I'll come back when I can," he ran out of the room and I looked around for a place to hide. There was a white book on a whole shelf of dark, tan ones. I tried to pull it off the shelf to look at it but it wouldn't move. I pulled harder and the bookshelf moved. I was swung into a dark room.