County Fair

Just scrolling through YouTube and listening to old favorites and came up with this one. Personally I love the fair and they got rid of one of my favorite rides and I do mention. Hope you guys enjoy!

This was the first year that I could go to the fair by myself. We went as a family to celebrate summer. I had just gone inside from a long day working on the farm. I checked my phone and found several texts and calls. Most of them were from my best friend and a few of them were from her boyfriend, (Y/C)/BFF/N.
The three of us and his best friend C/N have been friends since elementary school.
"Sorry, BFF/N. I was working today and didn't bring my phone. What's up?"
"He asked me on a date," she mumbled.
"What's wrong with that?"
"I've never been to the fair before," I laughed.
"Is that all? Doo you want me to go?"
"If you don't mind third wheeling," I stood and went to my closet.
"I'll be right over," I got dressed (see above plus a hat and boots) and headed to her house. I honked and she stumbled out of the house in heels. I stepped out and her jaw dropped.
"Dang. Who are you and where is my bestie?" I giggled and led her back inside.
"You need walking shoes. The fairgrounds is a rough terrain. You won't manage getting out. You can bring them in case you want them later but tennis shoes or boots or manageable to walk," she picked out a different pair of shoes and we went back out to the car.
"Answer my question. Where is my bestie?"
"What do you mean?"
"My bestie wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like this. Especially not in public," I smirked and glanced at her.
"I have other cloths. Most of them were dirty since I've been working so much," she smiled.
"Its a nice change though," we pulled up and I parked. She texted her boyfriend and we paid for the tickets.
"He is near the bumper cars. I'm really glad you are here."
"The layout is usually the same. This way," I took her hand and dragged her to the far left corner. Once she saw him, she ran into his arms.
"How did you get here so fast? I thought you have never been here before."
"My fault we are late. She wanted to wear heels so we had to change shoes."
"I told you no heels. Thanks Y/N. You saved our date and you don't have to third wheel," BFF/N grinned and the kids on the bumper cars came over.
"Hey guys. Looks like I won the bet. Hand it over," C/N smirked and (Y/C)/BFF/N handed him a wad of cash.
"Bet on if she would get here on time with his horrible instructions? Nice," I smiled, trying to not blush.
"My instructions aren't that bad..."
"I read the texts. They are bad," me and C/N said.
"So since all of us are here, double date?" (Y/C)/BFF/N asked hesitantly .
"We'll see," C/N said and I nodded. "Where to first?"
"Again. Never been here so let's walk around and try everything," her boyfriend agreed and we walked around. We were to the far right side and headed behind the barn.
"They usually have a couple of stands back here," (Y/C)/BFF/N said confidently as BFF/N held onto his arm.
"You only know because I told you," C/N muttered so only I could hear. I giggled and the couple stopped.
"What's that one?" C/N looked over (Y/C)/BFF/N's head and I looked around BFF/N.
"You wanna answer?" C/N looked over at me, smirking. I shook my head, still trying to see without getting run over. "We can't stop in the middle of the walkway. Go over there," he led us to a less crowded area. I finally saw what they were looking at. C/N and (Y/C)/BFF/N were talking about the booths.
"I think we should try that one," BFF/N nodded at the bucking bill stand.
"If you want," we walked over and scanned our bracelets. She went first and fell off within a minute. (Y/C)/BFF/N went next.
"I have a bet," I looked up at him.
"Go on."
"Whoever goes the shortest amount of time has to do something for the winner," I shook his hand in a deal.
"Between us?" I put on my poker face on.
"Afraid to lose to me?"
"Not if you aren't afraid of losing to me," he leaned down. "Your next. Go on," I pulled out my phone and timed him.
"Three minutes and thirteen seconds," he got down and he pulled out his phone. I handed mine to BFF/N. I got on the bill and the woman started the machine.

Time Skip

"How?" I smirked.
"I won the bet," BFF/N gave me my phone back and we rode a couple more rides. We walked out to the parking lot.
"Best double date ever," BFF/N hugged me and I hugged her back. She got in (Y/C)/BFF/N's truck and I shut the door. I walked around to the driver's side.
"You hurt her, I'll be the last face you see. I don't care if all of us have been friends since forever. Good it?" He nodded and got up in the truck.
I walked to my driver's door and hopped in. I heard a knock on the door and I looked over. I rolled down the window.
"Yeah?"
"He was my ride. Can you drive me home?" I unlocked the door and he got in. "Thanks."
"No problem," it was silent for a while. "Look. It's just me. You can talk."
"I know. Have you thought about the bet?" I shook my head and he smiled. "I don't know how I lost though."
"I won fair and square. Your just jealous cause you lost to a girl," I smirked at him and he bit his lip. He gave me directions to his house and I stopped in front of it. I turned off the truck.
"I've thought about the bet. Who is your crush, if you have one?"
"Dove Cameron," I giggled.
"In real life?" He leaned over.
"Isn't it obvious?" I shook my head, smirking. "I thought you were smart," I closed the distance between us and he kissed me back. "How long have you liked me?"
"A couple of years. What about you?"
"Two or three years. I better go. I'll text you later," I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him into another kiss. He went inside and I drove home.

miss you. You doing anything tomorrow?
nope. I miss you too. I changed your name. I'll show it to you tomorrow. You looked amazing tonight btw.
I just got home. I'm blushing. I'll see you tomorrow. I changed his name to C/N/N (nickname) and went to sleep.

Little lengthy but I thought it was good. If C/N won the bet would be another story. Hoped you liked it!