Tutoring

I'm glad it's the weekend. We have to begin going 5 days in person coming off of a hybrid in person plan. Thought I was exhausted now. Oh well. I hope you guys enjoy!

I met up with BFF/N outside her second class. Since we have the same third hour, we walk together.
"Are you excited to see (fav teacher) again?" My friend questioned and I went scarlet. "I guess not. I think we also have a new transfer," I wasn't listening to her. (fav teacher) wasn't my favorite just because his class is really easy. He is really cute and this is his first year teaching out of college.
"Are you even listening or are you daydreaming again?" BFF/N smirked. We got outside the classroom.
"Second option," I mumbled.
"About who?"
"A kid I met at the park last night. You know, the one I messaged you about late last night?"
"I don't know if I believe you. You sure it isn't about this class?" The teacher opened the door and we all sat down. I sat near the door and she went to the back. I wrote down notes from the powerpoint presentation on the screen.
I felt eyes on me and I ignored it.

A week later

"How did I get a 72?" I paced the hall.
"Can you come back a moment, Y/N? I would like to speak with you. BFF/N, you can go on to class," she hesitantly turned around and walked toward her next class. (Fav teacher) closed the door behind me. I sat down in my seat.
"I know you are under a lot of stress here lately, seeing your recent score. I want to help you out so I've asked a student to tutor you," I nodded, looking down at my score.
"I'll give you guys a week to tutor together then you can retake the test," I nodded again. "Meet C/N. He transferred here last week. Tutor after school starting today," I walked out of the classroom in shock. Me need to be tutored?
"How did it go?" BFF/N asked.
"I get to be tutored."
"It can't be that bad..."
"The kid is the transfer. The one I met at the park. The one I..."
"Ladies? Everything alright?" We nodded and the teacher went on with the lesson.

After school

I hopped onto the stone wall near the exit road to the school. I closed my eyes against the blinding sun.
"Are you Y/N? From (fav class)?" I nodded, not opening my eyes.
"And you must be C/N."
"You look familiar."
"We kind of met at the park the day before you came to school."
"Come on," something touched my hand and I looked down. I slid off the wall in front of him. "Shorter than I thought you were, kit," he let go of my hand and walked off. I followed him to the public library. We sat down and he brought out a folder with practice worksheets.
He passed me the first one and went over the content. I filled in the worksheet and handed it back to him before he finished the instructions. He handed me another one and I finished it before he was done looking over my other worksheet.
I set it down and took another worksheet out of the folder.

A couple hours later

"I don't understand. You know the content and you have gotten every problem right," he looked between all of the worksheets.
"When I'm stressed, I can't think straight and I forget a lot of information. I had several tests that day," I worked on another paper. "Are we going to work over the weekend? "
"I was thinking about it," I handed this one to him and went to grab another one. He put his hand over mine. "We are done for today," I looked up at him.
"You sure?" He nodded.
"You have to keep these worksheets for the rest of the week kit," I nodded and packed up. I left and went home. I unlocked the door and went up to my room. My phone buzzed a couple times. BFF/N and C/N both texted me.

You okay? Did he kidnap you? Where are you? Why aren't you answering my calls and text?
I'm fine. I was at the library studying and had my phone off.
Are you ok?
Yes. I'm fine

You get home okay?
Yea. I'll see you tomorrow. Mom and dad are gone so we can study over here if you want to.
That would be good. See you tomorrow then.😉

I smiled and went to sleep.

The door bell was going off and I stumbled downstairs. I opened the door and yawned.
"Hey (BFF/N nickname). What's up?"
"Since you went to bed so early, I could not get any details. What is he like?" I went to the kitchen and fixed me some cereal. I
"A guy. Almost like Kylo... Dark and brooding type."
"Who is this Kylo?"
"Star Wars reference. You wouldn't understand."
"Nope. Are you guys studying today?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Here?"
"I don't know yet." I ate and went back upstairs to change. I checked my phone and I had two messages from him.

What time and where is your house?
I'm at the park right now.
10ish and (address)

I went back downstairs and BFF/N texted me that she had left. I pulled up Snapchat and located her phone. It was at a random house. I shook it off and I cleaned up the table. The doorbell rang again and I went to get it.
"Come in," C/N walked inside and took his shoes off. I went upstairs to my room and he came in. He sat on the bed and me in my desk chair. He handed me the folder and I began working.

A half hour later

"Hey kit?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you help me with this problem?"
"Sure," he scooted over and I sat beside him. I explained how to solve the problem.
"Is that right?" He looked at me and his bangs fell into his eyes. I nodded and went to get up. He grabbed my arm gently and brought me down on the bed. He cupped my cheek with his other hand and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back.
We pulled away and his hands dropped. I touched our noses together and we smiled.
"Will you be my girlfriend, kit?" I nodded and stood up. I worked on a couple more worksheets with a slight smile. "Tomorrow?" I nodded and BFF/N walked in. I turned around and she threw herself at me.
"Guy problems again?" I smirked, her reclined in my lap.
"I've found the one," she breathed. "He understands me. He completes me."
"Romeo and Juliet," C/N mumbled.
"Were y'all busy?"
"Not really. Just doing school work. So about 'the one'. Is he the one who I saw your phone was at? At (random address)?" She went red. C/N stood up.
"I would love to talk about my best friend, kit, but I'm going to get some food," he kissed my cheek and left the room.
"Explanation?"
"We are dating. So?"
"WHEN?"
"Right before you came," *insert fangirl screaming/squealing*

A week later

"You got a 100%. I guess the tutoring helped?" I looked out of the corner of my eye over at C/N and he winked.
"I guess it did."

This one is cute and I liked writing it. I hope you guys enjoyed it!