detective

Detective agency where Y/N is brought in for questioning for a case. They fall in love and her father is mad.

C/N POV
   "First day on the job. The door opens suddenly and his first assignment is place on his desk; a murder investigation," I said quietly. I looked up and saw another detective with a large file in his hand.
   "Everyone does that on the first day. Here's your first assignment. We are reluctant but we need someone who isn't bogged down already. If you need help, let someone know," Jake set the file down and left my office. I flipped through the paperwork, names, suspects.
   "A witness. Why hasn't she been interviewed yet?" I muttered under my breath. Jake came into the room and I looked up. "How recent is this case?"
   "The body was found a few hours ago. No idea where the witness is."

Y/N POV
   I walked home from my second job at the small cafe around the corner from my apartment and went inside the apartment building. I saw a man standing a few doors down and I went into my room. I looked around and noticed the kitchen window was open. I picked up the nearest object and inched around my small apartment. I limited where he was to my room. I saw a dark figure under the bed, what looked like a gun in his hand.

C/N POV
   Thankfully Y/N had left the door open so I slipped inside her apartment. She held up a large book and crept towards her room. A man crawled from under her bed and shot at me. I rolled behind a wall and glass shattered. I saw Y/N, her eyes in a hard stare at the door's entrance, and she raised the book.
   I watched as she hit the man right as he stepped forward, him crumpling instantly. She kicked the gun away and gasped for air. She nudged the man and stepped away. Her eyes landed on me and she went pale.
   "Officer?" I shook my head calmly.
   "Detective. I'm not here to hurt you. Do you mind if I call in back up to get rid of him?" She nodded and moved away from the man, not allowing for a second him out of her sight. "Are you okay?"
   "I won't answer until he's gone and I'm somewhere we can talk in private," I nodded and some officers dragged the man away. She went more pale and I took her arm to steady her.

   "Are you ready to talk? You have a lot of explaining to do," the girl looked down and I pushed Steven out of the room.
   "She didn't kill that girl, the man we pulled from her apartment did. She can give a testimony against him, get him off the street once and for all. This place will be safer with him gone," Steven yelled at me for a while, noting how childish and immature I was. Security dragged him off and I went back in the room.
   "Since our first meeting was on not so good terms, my name's C/N. I'm a detective here."
   "Y/N, even though I'm sure you knew that already. What do you want to know," she took a deep breath.
   "How did you escape from him? To have seen what you saw and continue life as if it never happened. How did you manage?" She told me the whole story and that he came for her. I would ask her about herself, break up the terror she had felt.
   "It was very nice to meet you, C/N. I better go now," I stood and she gave me directions to her parents house. "I'll be safe now. Thanks C/N," I smiled and left.

C/N POV, after the trial
   "Congrats of the first win. Go take a vacation and get some rest," my boss leaned on the doorframe.
   "There's more to be done though."
   "Just go, C/N. You need a break and the work is almost nothing now," Jack popped his head in the doorway.
   "Now I'm beginning to think you guys don't like me or something," I packed my things and went home. I packed, thinking about what to do and I packed up my car for a week trip.

Y/N POV
   "Pack your things. We are going to the lake," we packed a bag and drove a few hours. We rented a cabin and the woman frowned.
   "If it's an issue, someone already rented it. You'll have to share since we are pretty busy," we agreed and unpacked our things. We brought our fishing gear to our boat and I saw a man fishing off the dock. He turned to cast and I walked over to him.
   "Hi, are you new here? I've never seen you here before," the man turned and we recognized each other instantly. "C/N? What are you doing here? What about work?"
   "Y/N? Hey, the boss told me to go on vacation so I came here," he shrugged. "What about you?"
   "Just decided to come with my family. Good luck fishing," I smiled and saw my dad glaring at us. He guided the boat close enough to the dock so I could jump. I waved at C/N and smiled as we moved away.
   "Who was that? He was cute."
   "Mom, really? He's the detective I was working with," dad rolled his eyes and we enjoyed the rest of the day.

   "Who's ready for pizza and movie night?" Mom asked, holding a stack of boxes. I smiled as my brother and 2 sisters fought over a pizza box. Mom popped some popcorn and we started watching a movie. I got up to use the bathroom and heard the door open. I went into the hallway and bumped into C/N.
   "Mom has pizza and popcorn downstairs if you want to join us for a movie," he nodded.

   For the next week, we all sat around and included C/N in everything we usually did. We sat on the porch on the last day and C/N looked at me.
   "Just got a call that they are moving me to a new city. I won't be able to come back," I looked at the rolling waves and heard mom say we are leaving.
   "When do you leave?"
   "Tomorrow at 7," my heart sank and I was dragged away by my brother. I packed my room and called the agency. When someone answered, they said he wasn't there. After a while, no one would respond. I sat on my bed.
   "Can I come in?" Dad knocked and I nodded. " I have a bad feeling about that kid. I wouldn't try to go after him," I nodded.
   "You'll get your wish. He leaves at 7 tomorrow morning to who know where. I'll never see him again," I walked out of the room.

   I woke up early and got dressed quickly. Mom hugged me and I looked at her confused.
   "Your father told me. I think you should try to make him stay."
   "I don't think he'll listen. He's already at the airport by now," I sat down. "There's no use."
   "I wanna nother bropher," my little brother pouted at me and I blushed.
   "You have 6 minutes or I'm bringing you back," dad said. "No driving," I ran past him and down the street. I crossed the road and saw the agency's sign and I ran inside. I knocked over the security guard and some of other workers.
   "Where is he?" I growled, the small guard in front of the individual offices shuttered.
   "Already gone," I slid under a door and into his office.
   "There must be something here that tells me where he went," I flipped through a few papers on the desk and saw nothing. I leaned against his desk and slid to the floor. Tears slipped down my cheeks and I buried my head in my hands and knees.
   "What's wrong, Y/N?" I looked up and saw C/N.
   "I thought you left?" He shook his head.
   I leave at 9. With it being in a different time zone, it printed wrong on my flight time," he took me in his arms. "I seem to recall you missed an appointment. Want to make it up now?" He held me close and I nodded, wiping my nose.
   "How's the therapy?"
   "Useless. I hate talking about my thought, feelings, and achievements," he chuckled softly and he intertwined our fingers.
   "Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "If I stayed, would you be my girlfriend?" I nodded. "What about if I left?" I looked at him and smiled, nodding. He brushed a tear away and kissed me gently. We pulled away and I wrapped my arms around him.    "They are trying to make me stay here. Everyone is under staffed and they feel that sending me away would be worse for the station," the phone rang and he answered the call. He nodded, replied, and hung up.
   "You aren't leaving?" He nodded and kissed my temple.
   "They said they already hired someone. Besides, I don't think I could have left anyway," he smirked and me and I blushed. I tried to get up when he pulled me closer. "I'm teasing, baby. I don't want to leave even if I still had a chance at the job," we sat like that for a while and he took me home. My parents opened the door and I noticed mom jab my father in the ribs.
   We ate dinner together and by the end of the night, dad warmed up to the thought of us together.

A week of school after spring break and busy. Sorry for not updating sooner. I hope you guys enjoyed it!