the reunion

This is part two of dog and babysitting

The next summer later
Between the cookout and the reunion, me and C/N got an apartment and finished high school.

I stretched and looked at my phone. I grinned and rushed to get ready.
   "What are you doing up so early, Y/N? It's Saturday," he rolled over and I bounced on my feet. "Uh oh. I know that look," he buried his face in the pillow and I rolled my eyes.
"Its the reunion. You finally get to see how crazy we can be," I heard him groan. "I'll even make breakfast," I skipped down the hall and I heard my phone ringing. I answered it and held it to my ear.
   "Hey (b-i-l). What do you need?"
   "Can you pick me up? I want to go to the reunion but S/N doesn't."
   "And she forbade you from going?" He sighed and agreed. "We'll pick you up on the way," I hung up and finished making breakfast. I served up the food and C/N wandered down the hall.
   "Who called?" He kissed my cheek and sat at the table.
   "(B-i-l). He needs us to pick him up because S/N is being irritating and demanding," he rolled his eyes and I sat beside him. We ate and left the house. We picked up (B-i-l) and went to the park. We went to a far party area and I parked the car. We got out and I grinned.
"What are they doing?" C/N whispered.
"Preparing the tree," two of my distant uncles were in the huge tree.
"With oil?"
"And a number of nowhere things. Whipped cream, shaking foam, roofing caulk, super glue, fly traps, mouse traps. Anything they can find really," I led us to the large building.
"What about nails, screws, and saws?" I smirked.
   "Deemed to dangerous by the 'judges'. Not fun trying to climb with shovels and nails sticking out of the wood," I looked over my shoulder and he looked a little relieved.  "Then we allowed people to throw stuff at us while we are climbing," I took his hand and was immediately knocked down by a gang of cousins.
   I hit my head on the picnic tables and I threw the kids off of me. I peeled them off and looked at C/N. I was kicked in the back of the leg and was tied up. I shook my head.
   "What have I told you about tying people up?" One of my aunts walked over and yelled. They pouted and ran off. "You must be C/N. Lovely to finally meet you. You'll get used to it," I finally untied myself.
   "Did you let them read Gulliver's Travels? They were having fun," she nodded.
   "Nice to meet you too," I jogged over to the parking lot and picked up one of the kids. He kicked and screamed as I dragged him from the moving car.
   "Quit playing in the road," I went back to C/N and my aunt.
   "Crazy kids," she muttered and walked away. I took his hand and looked at me.
   "She said she was looking for. her 5th husband," I laughed.
   "She's been saying that since her first one died," he shook his head and I introduced him to more of my family.
   "You look new. You her older brother?"
   "No I'm her boyfriend," my great aunt walked up to C/N.
   "You've dealt with her long enough. Marry her already," I rolled my eyes and dragged him along.
   "Thing is, your new and besides children, there hasn't been someone brought from the outside world since S/N got married and she didn't come then. Don't let any of this bother you. If it does, I'll take you home. I'll even skip the tree," he looked shocked.
"You love the competition. You would leave for me?" I nodded and he hugged me. We pulled away and a rope was wrapped around me. I was tilted and carried away by my cousins.
They slid down the hill and to a fake fire. They put me over the circle of rocks and slowly turned me as if I was cooking over the fire.
   "This is pathetic. Get me two rocks and I'll make you a real fire. I'll cook quicker," I saw C/N walk towards me and he reached out to help. I shook my head and he sat down. In that time, I had undone the knot they had made and held onto it. The kids came back with some rocks.
   I let the rope go, launched myself away from the circle and grouped the kids up. I tied the to a tree and told them to stay put. I went to the tree and they said the first round was starting. I signed up for the second round and stepped away to watch.
   I dragged C/N with me just so he wouldn't get attacked by falling objects. I watched as a lot of my male cousins climbed up the tree.
   "No rules?"
   "Can't intentionally shove people out of the tree. Rest is fair game. You can even steal the flag," they told round two to line up to be ready. I went to go and C/N pulled me back.
   "Don't do anything stupid," he kissed me breifly.
"Your adorable. I'll be fine," I stood with some older cousins and they laughed at me.
   "Why are you competing? You lost last year," I glared at him.
   "You weren't even here last year. How would you know fake news anyway?" I rolled my eyes and they laughed. My uncle told us to line up once they cleared the tree.
   "Go," we ran for the tree and I lept on one of my cousin's shoulders to reach the lowest branch. I began to climb, my arms slick with a number of weird things. I felt a cupcake hit my cheek but I kept going.
   Someone grabbed my leg and I pulled out of reach. I heard someone scream and I gasped for breath. More frosting covered my face and I felt a piece of fabric in my fingers. I put it in my pocket and carefully slid down.
   I didn't see anyone when I slid down the truck. I pulled the fabric from my pocket and they announced I was the winner. I heard mom's voice and I wiped some of the frosting from my face.
   "Your a mess. Are you okay? I heard it's worse this year," I grinned and nodded.
   "I'm fine," I felt a pair of arms around me.
   "You did good. All of them fell within 4 minutes," he led me to a table and helped get rid of most of the frosting.
   "I can see again. Mom was right though. They are going to make to way worse for the finalists," I saw my cousins chasing someone and she jumped into my arms. She dug her face into my shirt and cried.
   "Go on. Leave her alone," I growled and the kids ran away.        "Are you okay, Jenny?" She nodded and quivered. "Your Shelly's little girl, right?" She nodded. I stood up and found her mother.
   "I told her to go play with the other kids and leave the adults alone."
   "Even with the other kids beating her with rocks and chasing her around," Shelly nodded.
   "They are just being kids. Leave them be," I felt a tap on my shoulder.
   "I'll take her. She won't care," Jenny went to her father and they went over with the guys.
   "Your good with the kids," I shrugged.
   "Big family," we went back over to the tree. "Is my family harassing you still?"
   "Not too much. They might be scared of you," I nodded.
   "Finalists over here," he squeezed my hand and I went over with 3 of my other cousins. "This is what you are looking for. It is somewhere in the tree. There will be more obstacles. Good luck," we got in a line and they blew the whistle.
   We all ran to the tree and I got to the lowest branch. I climbed a few feet and eggs and cupcakes were thrown in all directions. I almost slipped but held on.
   I dipped my arm in a glue and I ripped my arm away before it could solidify to the tree. I pushed on, trying to spot the neon fabric. I reached for another branch and I saw it.
   I climbed the rest on the way to it and tried to take it from the branch. I tugged and finally ripped it free. I dropped to the next branch and I flew out of the tree. I reached out, trying for anything to break my fall.
   I was launched into a nearby tree and I scrambled for a branch. I finally caught myself on the lowest branch. I dropped to the ground and slipped down the hill. I knocked someone over and we slid to the base of the tree. I held up my arm and they announced the winner.
   "Thats one way to make an entrance," I heard C/N and I wiped my eyes.
   "Did I knock you over?" He nodded and helped me stand.
   "I'm fine. You just confirmed that I'm head over heels for you.  The real question is if your okay?" I nodded.
"Too much oil," someone tried to take the cloth from my hand but it wouldn't budge.
   "You can keep the trophy," my uncle gave up on the fabric and walked off. I heard Mom run towards us.
   "They made it way too dangerous. Your bleeding. Someone get an ambulance," I shook my head.
   "Fake blood," she dragged me to the drinks table and picked up several jugs of water. She poured then over me and most of the egg and foam washed off.
   "Do you believe me now?" She shook her head.
   "Someone needed an ambulance?" One of the kids pulled a white wagon behind them.
   "No, I'm fine."
   "Take her home and makes sure she rests. She took a few tumbles more than she should have," I was about to argue when C/N picked me up. I groaned and he opened the door for me. He set me inside and put my seat belt on. He kissed my temple.
   "Cooperate with me until we are out of sight of your mom," he went around and got in the drivers seat.
   "Where's my..."
   "Backseat," I made sure my stuff was inside and he left the parking lot. When we got to the main road, he turned on the radio and put his hand on my leg.
   I got the nail polish remover out of my purse and a cotton ball. It melted the glue off my hand and I brushed the cotton ball along my arm.
"What are you doing?"
"Getting the glue off my hand and arm," he shrugged. "This is working so I won't have to us the sandpaper," he shook his head and turned onto the road towards the apartment and I yawned.
We managed to get inside the building and our apartment. I set my purse on the chair and C/N helped me to the bathroom.
"You look exhausted. I'm going to change and help you," I got into the shower and managed to wash my body before he opened the door. He got in and he took my shampoo bottle from me.
He massaged the shampoo through my hair and rinsed it out. He reached for my conditioner and I put my head to his chest.
"I know you're tired but just a few more minutes," he combed the conditioner through my hair then pushed me away from him into the cooling water.
He reached behind me and turned the water warmer. He rinsed my hair and rinsed the shampoo from him. I wrung my hair out and he helped me out of the tub.

C/N POV
I wrapped a towel around her and led her to our room. I wrapped up her hair and laid out cloths for her. She threw on her shirt and pants and threw the towel on the floor.
I put the towel away and ran back to the bed. She rolled over and almost fell. I caught her and I sat on the bed. I laid down and she curled up next to me.
I ran my hand over her arms and she wrapped her arms around me. I covered up in a light blanket and we went to sleep.

I hope you guys enjoyed it!