Engaged?!

I scrubbed a small spill and set another set of cups down.
   "Hey sweetheart. I didn't think you worked tonight," Tony, one of the bar's regulars, grinned at me and held up two fingers.
   "I didn't think so either. Girl got mono and had to be out for a while," I grabbed two shot glasses and poured his drinks.
   "That's a shame. I think she was warming up to me," I turned and made a cocktail for another woman.    "When's your shift up? I'll take you out somewhere," I rolled my eyes while my back was turned.
   "Have a good night," I turned back to Tony. "My shift doesn't end."
   "Your break?"
   "Jimmy doesn't allow me breaks either. Too many customers and too less baristas. Someone's gotta keep the place running while he's out partying," not a complete lie but the guy gives me the creeps.
   "When did you start wearing that ring?" Someone wrapped their arm around my waist and I looked up in shock.
   "Since I proposed. Sorry I'm late, honey," he kissed my temple and the guy's lips brushed my ear.    "Play along," I smiled at him. "It's been a crazy night, breaking the brawl was interesting," I shook my head.
   "Jeff again," he nodded and he picked up a few bottles and glasses.
   "Decided to pick a fight with Drew. Can imagine how that went. Ready for the poker match, Tony? They'll be starting in a few," he grumbled and left me with the mysterious guy.
   "Are you the newbie on noon?" He nodded.
   "Jimmy asked me to come in. Just in time too. Didn't want to lose another employee to mono," he smirked and slid his glass down the bar. "She got it from her fiance and spreading it around town with everyone she sleeps with. Even Tony."
   "That's why he's acting weirder than normal."
   "He's always like this?"
   "Female workers. Comes on the fine print contract," he grimaced and held out his hand.
   "I'm C/N since it might be necessary to know your 'fiance's' name," I shook his hand.
   "Y/N."
   "The Y/N? The only girl who doesn't sleep around with the customers?"
   "What else has been said?" I asked, kind of insulted.
   "Pretty rude, hates everyone, encourages fighting, secretly sleeping with Jimmy because you got 6 to 6. Millions more," I rolled my eyes.
   "The last one is definitely not true. That's disgusting," I shuttered and he laughed at my reaction.
   "Two dozen on me," a trucker came up and I nodded. I grabbed a tray and took the shots to the table. I set down the shots and I was grabbed from behind.
   "Let's go while I'm still in the lead," I slammed my foot into Tony's thigh and returned behind the bar.
   "So you do encourage fighting," he looked amused.
   "Would you have done anything?"
   "If I didn't think you could handle yourself or things got worse," I looked at him confused. "What?"
   "Usually when something like that happens, they tell us to allow it or quit the job. Even as I grew up it was either deal with it or someone else won't allow you to try to fix the problem," I set the tray aside and he hesitantly put his hand on my shoulder.
   "No one's really said they would stand up for me or help," I shrugged and went into the storage room.
   "I hate that for you," I shook my head and picked up a few bottles.
   "I'm going to check our stocks. They're getting low again and Jimmy needs the numbers by 4," I gave C/N the bottles and I rechecked the numbers I had listed.
   "Don't come back out front or go outside for a few minutes. I'll explain later," I heard C/N and I fixed the bottles in order again.
   "What's going on?" I glared at him in the low light.
   "Tony. The game ended early and he threatened me that your his. I told him you left early and he hung around for a while."
   "I'm no ones and I've told him that. I hoped in wearing a ring that the harassment would stop. Guess not," I got a call and I answered.
   "It's Rita. There's a strange guy at your apartment and he just got inside without a key."
   "Call the cops. It's one of the regulars. Stay in your apartment," I hung up and swore, my hand punching the nearest wall.
   "He knows where you live?" I ran my shaking hand through my hair and he grabbed my wrist. He wadded up some paper towels and place them on my bleeding knuckles.
   "I guess he's been following me home," I looked away and sighed.
   "You going to be okay?" He curled his finger under my chin and tilted my face closer.
   "Eventually. I'm going back to work," I scowled and he pulled me back.
   "You should stay here in case he comes back," I went to protest but he shook his head. "We don't know what he wants from you," he left and I heard a shrill squealing of tires. I saw a nearby janitor closet and the wall beside me crumbled to allow a dark car to sit in our supply room. I crawled in the closet and locked the door.
   "Where are you?" I heard Tony growl and then a shot, two, three, silence.
   "Y/N?" An unfamiliar voice yelled into the room and I unlocked the door. I found a group of police officers in the room. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "When you're able to, do you mind giving us all the details on Tony and Jimmy?" I nodded again and followed them outside.
   The cool air felt amazing on my skin, warmed from shock and relief. I looked around and heard sirens in the distance. I saw two more ambulances parked outside and several people were talking about what happened to the media. A younger officer led me to an ambulance and I shook my head.
   "I'm fine. I can answer the ques..." I saw C/N come from around the truck.
   "Y/N. Your okay," he hugged me and I hugged him back hesitantly.
   "Your fiance is okay according to her. I'll let you and the nurses be the judge of that," the officer left and C/N made me sit on the ledge of the ambulance.
   "Tony came in from the back and asked where you were and threatened anyone who kept you hidden. Cops showed up before anyone was hurt."
   "The gunshots?"
   "Two from him. He shot an officer but he's fine. Tony's dead."
   "We need to check your fiance over to make sure she's okay."
   "I'm fine. I need to talk to the officers..." The nurse pushed me gently but firmly back to the ledge.
   "What did you do to your hand?"
   "Accidentally punched a wall."
   "Do you have a history of attempted suicides or cutting yourself?"
   "No, those are scars from books and my dog."
   "A scar from a book?" The nurse looked at me with a confused look.
   "Dad slammed the brakes too hard and I was holding a stack of hardback books and the cover cut my arm." (True story).
   "I think she'll be okay for now," I went over to the officers and explained everything.
   "Jimmy is under arrest for human kidnapped, trafficking, and several other charges. Him and Tony pinned you as the next victim but you were being stubborn," the officer looked amused. "Your apartment isn't safe right now. Can she stay with you for a while?" He looked at C/N and he nodded. "I'll keep you guys updated," C/N led me away and into the back parking lot.
   "Where's your car?"
   "I walk home," I mumble as we got in his truck.
   "That's why he went to your apartment so easily," my phone rang and I answered.
   "Are you okay?" Rita asked rushed.
   "Yes, I'm fine. Are we on the news?"
   "That's good. On side note, when were you going to tell me you were engaged?"
   "What?"
   "They interviewed C/N, saying he's the victim's fiance and he also got threatened according to a bystanders video."
   "Long story short, I started wearing a ring so Tony would leave me alone and C/N showed up for the same reason I did and he pretended to be my fiance. I guess tony shouted it from the rooftops. If your still confused, I'll explain tomorrow. Im tired and this is annoying," she hung up and C/N smiled at me. "What's so amusing?"
   "You," I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose
   "I'm glad I can assist in amusement," he drove away from the bar and along some familiar roads.