dual birthday party

Age 4: flashback
"I have an idea."
"What is it, C/N?" The two children swung on the swing set at me nearby park.
"If we are older and not with anyone, we should marry each other," I shrugged.
"By 24?" He nodded and we pinkie promised.

Present, Y/N POV
"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" I smiled, brushing the memory out of my mind.
"Thanks, mom," she shut the door and I got dressed. I ran downstairs and are breakfast. "I'll be back by noon," I walked to my friends car and hopped in.
"Happy birthday!" I smiled.
"I told you to not make it a big deal," they shrugged and we went shopping.

C/N POV
I got ready to go to the (Y/N) L/N's place and we drove over to their house.
"Hey guys. Come in," Mrs. L/N opened the door and we went inside. "I have the box for the last present. Kept it from the fridge. Almost couldn't think of a tall enough box," she left the room and returned with a refrigerator box. I sat on the couch, knowing our parents' scheme. Every year, one of us would be the others present.
Ever since Y/N crawled inside one of her boxes and scared me when I couldn't find her. I smiled at the memory and heard my mom call for me. I went into the kitchen and they told me to sign the card and to/from sticker for the box. I got into a smaller box and I went to sleep.

Y/N POV
We got home later than I expected and my friends left. I walked inside and there was a chorus of 'happy birthday.' I went to the living room and saw a huge box. I unwrapped it and smiled.
"Hmmm, didn't we just get a refrigerator?" I teased and saw the top was duck taped shut. I turned the box on its side and something fell. I opened the bottom and pulled the box away from... another box? Our moms giggled and I opened the second box, ripping the cardboard. C/N fell into my lap, asleep, and our moms shrugged. I dragged a smaller pile of presents closer, trying not to react to the sleeping figure curled up. I finished opening my presents and our parents left the room. I picked up C/N and laid him onto the couch. I curled up next to him and pulled a blanket over us.

The next morning
I stretched and turned into my side. Something tightened around me and I frowned. I opened my eyes and saw C/N asleep beside me. I hugged him back and he ducked his head next to mine.
"Morning, birthday girl."
"Morning birthday boy," he pressed his lips to mine and I gasped. His hand traveled up my back and cupped the back of my neck. He flipped onto his back and pulled me on top of him. My hands went to his hair and we pulled away. We grinned at each other and he brushed his finger over my face.
"I love you," we said in unison and we laughed quietly.

A few years later, our 22nd birthdays.
We decided to invite our friends to a birthday cookout and one of my friends brought a karaoke machine. We took turns singing.
"Come on, Y/N. It's your turn," I shook my head.
"I don't sing that good," C/N pushed me away and gestured me to the makeshift stage. I grabbed the microphone from BFF/N's hand and I saw my parents grinning from near the grill. The song started and I sang. I closed my eyes, pretending I didn't have an audience.

I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was failing.
When I met you on the outskirts of town.
And I said "Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you but you never come, is this in my head, I don't know what to think."
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said

"Marry me Y/N. You never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, you'll pick out a white dress. It's a love story, baby just say yes.

I opened my eyes in shock and fell to my knees. C/N was on his knee with a ring in his hand. I nodded and I hugged him. He slid the ring on my finger and kissed my lips briefly. We stood up and everyone cheered behind us.
"Happy birthday"
"Happy birthday to you, too," I smiled. "Interesting proposal method," he shrugged and led us over to our friends and family.

I'm fine. I'm not crying, you have no proof. This one was cute. I hope you guys enjoyed it!