My Brother

Miguelito is waiting in a room. Standing beside him is Ben with his calm facial expression.
There’s cookies and tea in the table but Miguelito didn’t bother with them and just read a small pocket book about entrepreneur techniques he can apply in his business.

There is nothing in his face that can tell if he is bored or not.
Usually, his emotionless expression garner him a lot of squeals and screams from the ladies without him knowing.
There are people who often shows him their interest but later on lie low. Probably thanks to his father’s protection.

The door was opened and a girl wearing a veil enters.
Behind her is one calm looking maid.

“Pardon me for my tardiness Young Duke.” The girl said shyly. “I am Princess Yasmin Luvela of Luvela Kingdom. I am please to meet you.”
She is saying it shyly but you can’t find a hint of weakness a normal girl will express when being coy.

“Princess should not worry. I understand that you are here in Luncanter secretly so your movement must been very secretive.”Miguelito said then he also bows his head.
“Miguelito Frost of the Frost household. Welcome to Luncanter Kingdom, Princess.”

“My~ Exposing a girl’s secret to her face is not very gentlemanly of you Young Duke.”

Miguelito scratches his head.
“Pardon my rudeness princess.”

“Pfft—” the girl started to laugh. “I am just kidding. It is me who selfishly ask the busy Young Duke’s appointment and even makes you wait. By just that, I would have been ill minded if I even picked on your behavior. Truly, thank you for accepting my selfish request.”

Miguelito shakes his head.
“No. No. It’s fine. By the way, I know I am just forgiven but….Can I ask about the veil?”

“Ah?......Right, Luvela is a far away country so you must have not heard about me and my cursed..”

“A curse?” Miguelito tilted his head.

The girl fidgets.
“Actually, I….have an ugly and disgusting eyes…….so…. I wear a veil to hide them.”

“Oh….Is it comfortable to wear a veil?” Miguelito asks.

“Pfffttt –ahahahaha.”

“Eh?” Miguelito didn’t know why she suddenly laugh.
He looks at Ben but Ben is closing his eyes as if saying ‘Let me stay out of this one.’

“Sorry. I am not testing you or anything but I am just thinking what will the kind Young Duke will think of my cursed eyes…So…I am quite expecting your reaction…ahahaha.”

Miguelito scratches his head.
“Did I say something rude again?”

“No….I….I am just amaze that instead of my eyes…..you ask about my veil. It’s very refreshing reaction.

“Ah? Haha ….” Miguelito awkwardly smiles.

“Can I take off my veil to show you?” she asks.

“Su—”

“Wait!” Ben said and covers Miguelito’s eyes.

“Ben?”

“I apologize for being rude Princess but I will not compromise my Master’s safety. You said it is a cursed eyes..”
Ben said seriously.
The maid also step forward.
“It is not a cursed eyes. It is just a different eye color and it never cause anybody’s harm. It is just simple minded people who hurt my Lady!”

“…….Fay, sorry, Fay is my closest lady in waiting so she tends to argue for my sake. Do not blame her.”

“Princess….”

Miguelito slowly removes the hand covering his eyes.
He grins at the worried Ben.
“Ben here is my personal butler. Pardon his rudeness too.”

Ben bows his head.
“I am sorry.”
-I am his personal butler?
-Like Sir Exermidel?

“It’s alright.” Princess said with a smile.

“I wanna see the famous cursed eyes.” Miguelito said.

“Calling it cursed….” The maid frowns.

Miguelito covers his mouth realizing that he said it out loud.

“It’s fine to call it that. Anyways, it is really not that pretty after all.”

She removes her veil and his white eyes stare like that. There is nothing but white eyes but you can tell that there is a round different shade of whiteness in the iris part. It is not just white. It’s more clear transparent like iris.
“Beautiful…” Miguelito said staring at Princess eyes intently.

Yasmin blushes.
“That...... you really have a glib tongue, Young Duke.”

Miguelito laughs.
“I see. You said you have a cursed eyes to make fun of me. How is this eyes cursed? You got me there princess.” Miguelito laughs.
“Such eyes really should be covered or they might get you in trouble if people get mesmerize in it’s beauty ,princess. Coveting the beautiful eyes and you too.”

The princess looks down gripping her dress skirt.
“What an amazing talent…..Making someone feel so good about themselves with just few words.
I say….You are really sly , Young Duke!” Yasmin puff her cheeks.
She never meet someone so easy to say something so embarrassing.

Miguelito tilts his head.
“I haven’t start praising your beauty princess! I am still just commenting on what I am seeing! If I am given a day, I can tell you how beautiful you are all day and it still won’t be enough!”

Yasmin starts laughing.
“Eleven….You are eleven and you can say this with eased already. Your fiancee in the future will be in tight situation.”
She said laughing.
Miguelito smiles.
“You are the one who are good with your sweet words,Princess. I am just a normal guy who luckily been born in a Duke’s household. If you meet my Father and sister, you will think how ordinary I am.”

Princess smiles.
“You should look around when saying this words, Young Duke. It appears your attendant doesn’t believe a thing you said.”

“Eh?” Miguelito looks at Ben who is looking seriously concerned about his head.
“Ben is kind so he always think I am a great person. It’s one of his charms.”
Miguelito grins

Princess chuckles.
“I see one of your charms before…but I can’t believe that is just a speck of dust compare to meeting you in person. Luncanter is very lucky to have you born here. I am envious.”

Miguelito smiles.

A/N:

Rolly rolly go away.
Please bring covid with you when you go away.
Wahahahhahah