Dwayn's Worth

Dwayn is walking slowly to his room.
If someone return from a long journey their safe place where they can lay their heart at ease will probably their home but to Dwayn it was beside his lover.

Even this place....is not somewhere that will calm him.

"Dwayn, son. You finally came back."

Dwayn unlike before only stare and politely greet the King.
He didn't show his child-like behavior and his enthusiasm he 'normally' show him.

Demetri frowns.
But he is also relieved.
If Dwayn acts like nothing happened he will truly be unable to trust him.

But seeing his vigilance and his coldness, he is convinced that his eldest son is hurt by his own action.

"What does your highness King wanted from this first prince?" Dwayn asks lowering his head.

Demetri sighs.
"Come here and let father look at you. It's been months but it feels like I haven't seen you for years."

"This prince saw his highness this morning with Duke Frost."
Dwayn avoids the King's hand.

Demetri sighs.
"Are you still mad about Diego's words?"

Dwayn snorts showing his contempt.

The King smiles.
"Don't worry. I already reprimanded him."

"Father, why? Why are you so easy to forgive Diego? Why...why did you change your mind again and wanted to give my position back to him? Didn't you say It is rightfully mine?"

Demetri saw Dwayn's temper for the first time.
He also avoid his hand making Demetri irritated.

"Diego is your brother."

Dwayn stares at the King.
"Why is he so special?"

The King sits down and pats the space beside him

"Will you give father one last chance? I promise that what ever happened in the future, you will be this kingdom's future King."

Dwayn frowns.
"Father, I am tired..."

Demetri lost his temper but he just stands up.

"Listen, I already decide that you will be the crown prince. Father hesitates but now I am more certain. But....for now I will still endorse Diego and help him but that is only in the surface. Will you believe father?"

Dwayn looks warily at Demetri.
"Why are you doing this father? Do you want me and Diego to  fight?"

"How can that fool fight you? Son, listen to father and trust me. I have a plan." Demetri puts his hand over his shoulder.
"Son, I am very proud of you. But why did you have to help Duke Frost, you know he insults me time and time again."

Dwayn shakes his head.
"Father, he is Margarita's father. In the future I will marry Margarita and whatever Duke Frost say, he will not be able to oppose father."

Demetri blinks and then laugh.
"True. You really are my son. Clever! That fool always insult me but later let's see him talking badly of me again. Son, you should make sure that this marriage will bring profit to our side than to her side."

"Yes father...But Diego..."

"Hmp. Why are you still worried about him? I already told you that I am in your side."

Dwayn frowns.
Seeing him frown makes Demetri laughs.

"Right now Father needs the financial support of his maternal family. Once I am done with it we will just send him to a war near the border. You will never be bothered by him again."

"Will Mother agree?" Dwayn asks worried.

Demetri laughs.
"She doesn't have to."

Dwayn eyes trembles but pretended he doesn't know.
"What do you mean Father?"

Demetri rubs his head.
"You will know sooner."

Dwayn sighs inside.
He wanted to go back to the Frost Manor and hugs his beloved woman.