Father-in-law

Margarita looks at Dwayn and slowly let go of his hand.
She kisses his cheek and whispers to his ears.
"See you."
And then she turns around and climb the carriage with X help.

X bows to Dwayn and Duke Frost and meaningfully looks at Three before the carriage left.

Duke Everose looks at Prince Dwayn's back.
He just came back but he knows that a lot of things happen upon his absence.

"Let's go?" Dwayn smiles.

Duke Everose nods.

---

The two board the Prince carriage.
Duke Everose eyes widen seeing an unexpected guest inside.

Duke Frost in his haughty arrogant seat.
He is leaning to the window with one arm on his cheek.
His legs are elegantly cross.

This man has always been hard to understand for everyone but he is so hard to fight against with either.
Some slander him as a clown and an idiot behind his back but they all tuck their tail and run upon meeting him in person.

"Duke Miguel Frost."
Duke Everose didn't know how to proceed. If he will sit next to this man who looks like he is twin brother of an ice or the Prince.

Duke Frost snorts but sits properly.

Duke Everose sit next to him.

"A pleasure to see you, Duke." Duke Everose said.
He is younger than Duke Frost so he always pay respect to him.

"Leaving for so long. It's as if you are the only one who lost his wife. You think we are heartless since we can stay in the country while you left to wallow your broken heart?"
Duke Frost snorts again

"Of course not. I am...Just finding somethings that will make the country prosperous."

"Blah. Blah. Blah. Use your nice words when speaking in congress not here." Duke Frost glances at the Prince with a kind smile that looks so perfect and real that Duke Frost have goosebumps.

"Uh...." Duke Everose felt offended but says nothing because he does have ulterior reason for leaving.

But the three Dukes are the cornerstone of the kingdom.
Duke Evergrande is a sneaky man that will always give his support to whoever gave him the best benefit.
Duke Frost is neutral.
The Everose family are the one who are more active always thinking about the citizen.
Without him, the King become extremely lawless.

"Duke, we called you here to invite you in my party. I need your support to win the crown."

Duke Everose looks at Duke Frost who snorts.

"With Frost family in your backing, you don't really have to fear heaven and Earth." A wry smile appear in Duke Everose lips.

Dwayn wryly smile.

"We need to maintain the balance. The Frost should stay a neautral family."

Duke Everose smiles.
"But you are Margarita's fiancee. Of course the Frost will support you."

"In the eyes of the public, if the daughter got married, they are no longer part of their family but part of their husband's family." Dwayn smiles.

Duke Frost angrily grits his teeth.

Duke Everose eyes widen.
"I see. You are talking about after you married Margarita Frost? You wnat me to stand behind you?"

Prince Dwayn smiles.
"After all, Duke Everose has a good reputation and the people loves you. Though I am building my name slowly. I am only known in the capital. The people all around the provinces still treat Diego as the Crown prince. I have so little support and people still treats me as some prince that enjoys living abroad."

Duke Everose frowns.
"I do like your highness since you were a child. You are smart, sensible and kind. But...I haven't seen you for a while. Give me more time."

Dwayn lips twitch.
"That's good enough for me."

Duke Frost snorts.
"Need to think more? Which among the King's son do you want to became the next King then? That simpleton, that idiot or the weakling? As much as I want to deny it, there is no other man suitable isn't it?"

Dwayn smiles.
"Thank You father-in-law."

"Shut up."

"Yes." Dwayn obediently smiles. Despite him being a prince and Duke Frost being rude the Prince obediently keep his silence.

Duke Everose sighs.
"I know your point but
...The King is still young. Talking about finding a suitable replacement, isn't it about dealing with him?"

Duke Frost laughs.

Prince Dwayn smiles.

"Duke Everose is sharp."

"Of course. I am a Duke." Duke Everose frowns.

A/N:

Lols.
Thanks for reading