Trap

Diego's P.O.V

Run..
Not even looking back.
I was really scared.
For the first time, I personally experience 'that person' getting angry.

"Your highne--"

I run to my carriage and slammed the door.
Finally I am relieve.
As I try to calm my breathing I knock on the carriage wall.

"TO MY PALACE! HURRY!"

I sit on the carriage as I grab my hair with both hands.

What happened to me?
Why is all of this happening?
I do not deserve this.
All my brothers should be beneath my feet as they all bond together to be my special support as a King.
I should be a King!

That is why I am born.

Right! Lady Emely sent me a letter.
She is asking if I am alright.
What a sweet woman.
She doesn't even mind that I am no longer the crown prince.
I know I choose well.
I should make her my queen.
Yes...

My....

I don't like it but the memory of Margarita Forst beautiful face as she desperately try to reach my hand...As she cry for my sake enters my head as I think of Lady Emely.

No...
I shouldn't think of her.

She is a fake.
A woman who want to use me....

But why does she still have that flower necklace?

That was when we first met as a child...
That woman....did I misjudge her?

No.
I did research.
And even her beloved Nanny admits to me that Lady Margarita only wants to get close to me becuase of my position! I was betrayed and hurt .

Yes...
I did love her.
I did thought of making her my Queen as we build a future with our kids.
Even before I met Lady Emely...That illusion disappear because of what I heard.

I thought I could trust her.
How dare her!

But....That tears...That face that says she desperately wish me well.
Why can't I forget that face!?

Angrily I grab my head again.

"Get out of my head! Get out of my head!" I said angrily.
But the more I say it. The more her face stuck on it.

"Prince, we arrive." My attendant said.

I didn't get out of the carriage.

'You may be in love with her but she is not to you. Heh~
How about you ask her to be with you now. I guess she will refuse and makes all kind of excuses'

Anger.
Is she mocking me?

"Send a message to Lady Emely inviting her tonight. I need to talk to her."

"Yes. Your highness." The attendant looks displeased but he consent.

"Diego! Oh my poor son!" The Queen runs to Diego and hugs him.

"Mother? Its already late and cold. Hurry back inside. What are you doing here?" Diego is shock and touch by her mother's appearance. Usually shw won't even be away from the King as much as she can.

"I am worried about you. They said you went to Dwayn's palace. What did that bastard told you?"

Diego's face paled.
"He tried to kill me."

"The nerve! Just because he become the crown prince he thought he is that great. I td you he is a bad person but you don't listen."

Diego shakes his head.
"I need his smart head to run the kingdom. That is my honest opinion. But he doesn't even deserve my trust. Don't worry mother. From now on I will listen to you more."

The Queen smiles and hugs him.
"That is my good son. You are the prince who deserve to be the King. Only you deserve it. You are born for the throne. If its not you, nobody will be good enough."

"Yes Mother. I know." Diego eyes are dark.
He clenched his fist as he thought of plans to defeat Dwayn as he takes back the crown.

A/N:

🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗☺☺☺☺😚😚😚❤❤❤
T h a n k  y o u