No Friend to Trust

Margarita wakes up in the same room.
She smirks.
Peaceful life is the best.
She can wake up late without worrying if someone will kill her or eat her.

"Good Morning, Lady Margarita. Your breakfast is served."

"Hmm.."
Eating egg in the morning.
She took 2 eggs and then took another one. She grabs some bread and starts to eat. Satisfied by a simple meal.
The sausage is the last she nimbles happily.
The meal is over after she drinks all the coffee in her mug.

Margarita and X walk in the garden. One is to digest the food Margarita ate.
Second is to talk privately.

"Nanny Stacy found one of the men Count Argente that does his dirty job." X says and gives Margarita a portrait.

"You made this?" She asks.

"No. Nanny Stacy is working her hardest to make the Lady to believe her."

"Desperates fool indeed."
Margarita chuckles. There is also a report attached to the portrait.

"Oh? He is a former slave?"

"Although the slavery is abolished in our Kingdom...Doesn't mean that our Kingdom is free from it."

Margarita smiles and gives the file back to X.

"Doesn't matter. Try searching for this man's weakness and then use it to blackmail him. We need more people to trample the Argente's house."

"I will do what you want. And also, an invitation arrives this morning. From Lady Evelyn."

"Hm? It sure is festive when you are engaged with a higher nobleman."
She smirks and takes the invitation.

"Also, it seems Lady Emely is being ignored by the other Ladies."

Margarita frowns at X.
"It's obviously the only result after you shamelessly ignore and humiliate the party organizer. They have that coming."

"But it seems that Lady Evelyn invited Lady Emely to this party to show that she no longer feels bother about the past."

Margarita chuckles and sits down on a bench.
"Well, she can't antagonize the woman the crown prince fancy for too long. What bought her?"

"I heard the Count gives Lady Evelyn a diamond necklace."

Margarita laughs.
"Diamond necklace. It'll be pretty for her upcoming wedding."

"I thought…" X says sighing. "Since you help her once, she will be on your side."

Margarita blinks at X.
Then she sneers.
"X...You can't trust nobles. However kind and pretty they talk. Nobles only care about the present and not the past. I don't hate it though. I am the same, afterall."

"........I see."

"Oh? Are you mad for my sake?"

Margarita teased X.
X looks away and walks toward the house leaving her behind.

Margarita snickers.
"Awkward guy."

A/N:
Fufufufu